Reviews for Hail Odysseus
propensity chapter 6 . 10/6
Harry's casual sexual assault of Tonks in this chapter was the point where I decided to drop this story. This fic did not age well... not that that kind of behavior was ever acceptable. It's pretty hard to side with a main character who acts like that, and isn't a promising sign of how the character (and author?) views women.
HoneyBear94 chapter 17 . 10/4
I actually really like the ending. I have thought 'why doesn't he just leave!' in other stories and it never really happens so I think this was great! Overall I think this is a really well written and compelling story, you did an amazing job!
Evan chapter 17 . 9/26
A masterpiece of unintentional comedy.
Marj123 chapter 17 . 9/23
A thoroughly entertaining story with an unusual and unusually satisfying ending. Nicely done.
Nonyaarb chapter 17 . 9/18
LOL. Revenge-ish ending that i completely approve of!
IamKroGan1 chapter 17 . 9/13
Good story. I wasn't expecting a happy ending for Harry and Ginny though. What you did to Dumbledore was brutal. I'm not sure anyone deserves that.
IamKroGan1 chapter 10 . 9/13
10 chapters in and not a single decent person. I know you warned us at the start, still weird though. How did Ron and Hermione become friends without Harry? I'm hoping either Luna or Hermione will be semi decent people.
That Random HP Roleplayer chapter 17 . 8/28
I'll admit, this is an ending I've never read/hear of or even thought of. It even works because it is a "power he knows not". I do think it was a bit abrupt, but even then was a satisfying way to end it. All in all a great story and had an awesome time binge reading it.
johnrlozada chapter 17 . 8/19
I actually liked the ending. I shouldn't have bothered with the author's note because I'm not complaining how the story ended. Anyway, here's me favoriting this story. I'm looking at your other works right after I post this review.
The Lost Reviver chapter 17 . 8/9
funny ending friend
Nercius chapter 17 . 8/2
I like your ending and find it very practical. The main fault is it's a stretch to that Thomas would agree to it. But then again almost all the characters are different than canon and if you version has a fit or rationality, who am I to argue?
TakemyKryptonite chapter 1 . 7/26
Beautiful story! I fell in love with the characters all over again! I think, with the ending, you might have succeeded a bit too well with your goal of making Harry Grey and yet not Super. It was brilliantly thought out plot finish with just the right amounts of victory and defeat for Harry mixed in.
Rensen07 chapter 17 . 7/2
I love this ending, I am tired of "Slytherin!Harry" that can't help but be a Gryf sometimes, it happened a lot with the story but I was ok with it, but this ending? Oh yes, that's what I needed to read.
Great story, thoroughly enjoyed and the ending, thanks for sharing
cecitbh chapter 7 . 6/5
I'm sorry, but I couldn't get past chapter 7, with Harry grabbing Parkinson's knickers. There's a real problem with how you decided to show women. The story was disgustingly sexist, Harry's flamboyant character included. The worst thing was that it actually tried to convince you it wasn't sexist, while breezing through issues like the rape of 14, 13 year olds, like it was nothing. It was like the strategy used in The Beauty and the Beast. There's the bad (Beast), but to make him look less bad, we add the worse (Gaston). Harry is the Beast and Draco (and the rest of Slytherin) is Gaston.

I believe most fanfictions in this website do have a problem with the portrayal of women, but the intelligence level shown in the writing tells me that you're not nearly as dumb as most fic authors. I tried to ignore the cliched bashing, but, if you're going to be this sexist, at least own up to it and say that the story happens in a sexist environment. It killed the story, to me.
1,058 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »