Reviews for When Darkness Takes Over
Lara1221 chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
ok, that was awesome. It was ridiculously angsty and dark, and you pulled it off excellently. My only critique would be that at times, it seemed a little repetitive. Other than that, I really like the way you showed everyone's personality and brought the mood into real perspective. The whole continous theme of his regulus was done really well. great job!
FandaticForeverAndAlways chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
I just realised that this was written for my History of Magic Class! :D You did a great job with the prompts and showed the love and betrayal perfectly. I think I have read Barty /Regulus fiction before, so this pairing wasn't entirely new to me. You did a great job at portraying both their characters and keeping them from getting overly lovesick. I hated Bellatrix more than anything. Poor Alice and Frank! Poor, poor them! You did a great job with this, loved the whole tragedy. And the ending was good too. :)
Paradox.bookjunkie chapter 1 . 9/25/2014
I liked the time jumps and I loved how you incorporated Bellatrix in with her murder of Regulus. I apologize for my review on your Wolfstar that was not John Wolf, it was short and I accidentally pressed enter before I was finished. Sorry! :/
alyssialui chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
I like the love between the two and I can tell Barty Crouch Jr really care for Regulus, but the switches between the past and the present was a bit confusing to me and distracted me a bit from the whole story. Maybe if it was chronological, I would have understood better. But the content was good. Good fic.
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
*brain explosion*

Wow. This is amazingly well written and I just lovelovelove everything about it. The time jumps were great, and the twist of Bella killing Reg instead of him dying in the cave, and the relationship that started as a mentorship and can you tell that my thoughts are a little less than coherent?

Seriously, I love this story, and you are perfect :)
jennybenny2845 chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
I really liked the concept of ownership and belonging that you incorporated into this story. At first, it seemed like Barty had no intention on falling in love with Regulus and only wanted to stay close due to Regulus status at the future Black heir. I enjoyed how they comforted each other during their difficult times and how Regulus couldn't stay away or deny his connection to Barty. Eventually, they both belonged and owned each other.

I'm a big Bellatrix fan, and I loved how you incorporated her into your story. The twist with her murdering Regulus was creative and very believable. I like how she manipulated Barty into going all out with his torture to avenge his beloved. Oh, and I liked how you set this story up with the time jumps.

I did notice some errors with canon spelling as well as some issues with apostrophes. For example, in the second paragraph and third sentence, knee's should be knees. Also, the bit about the Longbottoms when the Aurors found them after their torture seemed a little out of place. It would have worked stronger if you wrote more of Barty's perspective about fleeing the scene of the crime.

But, other than that, great job on this powerful piece.
pygmypuff8 chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Okay, I actually really like this story, and I think you really captured the emotions here, very good. However, it's Kreacher, not Kretcher and Avada Kedavra not Adava Kedavra. I'm just nit-picky like that, but I believe that you should use the correct names for things. Other than a few awkward wordings, it's really good and I really like it! :)
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
Paula (Exceeds Expectations) writes some fab BartyReg. As do Kelly (HedwigBlack) and Amber (Cheeky Slytherin Lass) if you're interested. I'm fairly certain they started the obsession with this pairing, hehe. It really is only popular on HPFC because of them.

I, too, like reading this pairing, and I enjoyed this. I particularly liked your characterisation of Barty here. I think you did a really good job with him and his personality. Especially how his loyalty was just to Regulus and not anyone else. I, of course, loved Bellatrix in here, too. She was great, and as evil as ever.

Once again, just be careful of a few grammar issues, but over all, a good fic. Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
This is really good
deletes chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Holy wow, god, I love it so much, I don't even know what to say. It was non-linear, and it was angst, and it was Barty/Reg. Ahhhhh. You siriusly rock and I am so proud of you :D I know it's out of your comfort zone, but you did so amazingly.

I adored that Regulus was so nervous and unsure. Barty encouraging him and telling him to prove his power was amazing. I really like how you went with idea that Barty was a mentor to him. The fact that they both recognised that Reg hardly got any physical affection elsewhere was wonderful, as that is certainly part of my headcanon for them. The change from Barty sort of just accepting Reg's need to be held, to realising he really wanted to be the one, the only one, to be that for him was one of my favourite things.

And the whole theme of 'owning' him was freaking awesome. I love that it was hinted at the start with Barty telling him he had to the own the man he was crucio-ing, and then echoed when they became intimate. And the fact that Barty would have let himself be owned if that's what Reg wanted siriusly gave me chills. He would do anything for him, god, perfect.

It was so cool how you deviated from canon with Bellatrix being the one to kill Regulus for his disloyalty. I can really see that happening, and I like how she used it to try and move in on Barty, too.

The non-linear structure served the story very well, and built the suspense wonderfully.

So glad you wrote this, beautiful work! xoxo
hato-ryou-chan chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Aww! Poor guy...I feel sorry for Barty and Regulus. They really do kind of make sense. I liked it and I felt so bad for Barty at losing his dear love. Seriously, him and Remus should have sat down and had a talk about the holes in their hearts that the Black brothers left.
DanceWithAGinger chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
You kinda lost control of all grammar and spelling in the middle of thse story, but it's still an awesome story :)