Reviews for Reminiscent Threnody
Lilthoniel Ceminassar chapter 4 . 5/15/2005
Wow. That is all I can say. Thank you for capturing the suffering of Elrond, for I feel that it is something often overlooked. You do a beautiful job of sounding Elvish too when you write it. I feel better for having read this.
Thirteen Black Roses chapter 5 . 2/7/2003
awww poor elrond. never had it easy, did he? yay glorfindel. ya know, elrond made me mad when i saw the two towers movie. he was making arwen choose between him n aragorn n i wanted to hit him. or cry. um...*drags self back to topic* i have no clue how u manage to get into his head so good. i could never do that. just the thought of trying scares me. k you know u have been on the computer too long when you realize it is 20 after tomorrow. i am no longer making any sense whatsoever so i am leaving. namarie!
Losseniaiel chapter 5 . 1/24/2003
I'll leave a more coherent review but for the moment ... *cries and cries and cries*

Oh to be Glorfindel and hug him.

Of all the elves Tolkien depicts, he suffers the most, and I just want to smooth his hair and tell him everything will be alright *evil grin*

Hmm - thus ends the very fangirlish review.
Shadowfax chapter 5 . 12/12/2002
...Wow. [pause] Wow. That was... amazing. I feel an even more pressing need to find my copy of the Silmarillion and read it... [hits herself over the head with her big heavy LotR book] Must... read... Sil... maril... lion! Other than the fact that I have only a passing familiarity with most of the characters mentioned, I was absolutely amazed. Very well written- I could feel Elrond's voice in the words. And I'm not talking about Hugo Weaving... ] I liked the little mentions of the poems he wrote. I dunno, it made him seem more... k, "human" isn't the word... real? Something like that. ] I'd like to see more. But maybe I'll just go check out your other stuff... Yeah, that'll work...
Lazily-not-signed-in-Indille chapter 5 . 12/3/2002
You write Elrond splendidly. "All of my stars are gone." Interesting that many of his closest companions have star names or (in the case of Earendil) are stars. Poor Elrond, at last understanding the people he thought were fools before. And of course its nice to see somebody else taking charge for a change, and taking care of Elrond, instead of being taken care of by him.

Brilliant, as usual.

Indille
anna chapter 4 . 12/1/2002
wow. this series is so intense, im impressed beyond words. incredibly good writing.
Millikov chapter 5 . 11/28/2002
How'd I miss the last 2 chaps? AfterEver, tis wondefully written, throughly enjoyable, very poignant. And you had Glorfie in the last chap!

Please, can I have some more?

Millikov

Proud Member of the AMSA

I am spiffy-cool

Go me!

Tolkien's World is Magic. And I love it.
toastedcheese chapter 5 . 11/27/2002
Interesting ending. I like the continuing theme of wanting something. Poor Elrond. And good use of chronically overlooked Glorfindel.
toastedcheese chapter 4 . 11/27/2002
Well that was a pretty depressing ending, considering that it's all going to end in tears and bloodshed.

There are so many things that I like about this story!

You manage to give Elrond a believable voice.

You portrayed two guys sleeping under the same blanket without getting all slashy.

In short, you're doing a great job illuminating the stories of Elrond's life that we always knew were there, but never fleshed out.
toastedcheese chapter 3 . 11/27/2002
What a great look at Elrond. I like your portrayal of Elrond and Elros's relationship: how Elrond could accept his brother's differences and minor flaws so easily, his reaction to the funeral... it all contains such realism.
toastedcheese chapter 2 . 11/27/2002
Wow.

This is so cool. What overwhelming emotional power. I especially like the beginning; you really get the sense of loss and change. You're a terrific writer.
Dragon Confused chapter 4 . 11/24/2002
I liked this. Lots. Although it was sad in the middle. I'm so rubbish at writing reviews. How come some people can manage proper essays in there...

Oh well I like most everything you write anyway.

Finch chapter 4 . 11/24/2002
There ought to be more reviews for this series of vignettes. This is about the most convincing Elrond I've come across so far in any Tolkien fanfiction archive. This particular chapter also contains the best nonslash Elrond/Gil-galad scene I've ever read. And it's good to see you focus on the happiness he must have had, too.
Sunsong chapter 4 . 11/23/2002
To read a well-crafted fic like this is a delight to the eyes...I would like to read any more chapters you have in store.
Akuma no Tsubasa chapter 3 . 11/15/2002
This is a truly beautiful story about one of the most interesting characters and topics in all of Tolkien's world. I like how accepting you portrayed Elros to be of his chosen fate. I also like the deep pain you have shown in Elrond at his brother's death. Please continue to work on this lovely fic!