Reviews for The Legacy Preservation Act
Bob chapter 30 . 5/17
Awesome!
Just William chapter 21 . 5/9
Good story, good chapter, a couple o f typo's "until you came of age in 1997", should be "until you come of age in 1997", AND "Firehorn nodded and slide a small stack" should be "Firehorn nodded and slid a small stack".
Just William chapter 6 . 5/5
Good chapter. A typo,"This had the effect of making Dobby ball", should be "This had the effect of making Dobby bawl".
snow in the darkness chapter 30 . 4/19
amazing story, it's fascinating how you choose the hard way to make Dumbledore a flaw muddled old man rather than a man that worse than voldemort like other fanfic and when you make Daphne a normal teenage girl with few quirks. Good work
snow in the darkness chapter 21 . 4/18
if you think Daphne being unreasonable then you have never been in teenage relationship and you add a a guns in their hands well. That just a bad news waiting to blowup
paperhousing chapter 11 . 4/13
The thing that I can’t get behind on this story isn’t the plan, it’s the combination of be willing to do bad things for a good reason, and also not listening to others when they tell you that’s too far.

Character wise Daphne feels overdone, and Harry is much more emotionally vulnerable than I would expect. So far their fights have generally ended with Harry upending up and trusting her more, which seems both unwise and uncharacteristically vulnerable.

In a situation where they weren’t being railroaded together, that would be it. Between Daphne’s inability to trust Harry and Harry’s cannon reticence, they would over before they began. Personally, I don’t see how this story could end in anyway other than a very distant and mistrustful relationship that gets dissolved as soon as the legacy act is repealed.

The story is a bit heavy on handwavium, especially around the act itself. Considering the origins were explained as a Voldemort plot, and Lucius can buy anything he has so much gold, there was never any reason why Harry wouldn’t get matched with Bellatrix Lestrange or her teenage equivalent. I think it would have worked better as a ‘this has always been on the books when the population reaches certain thresholds, and while the timing is inconvenient, there are a number of safeguards in place to make sure it can’t be exploited.’ Having the act already exist would explain the process being unbiased and why no one seemed to benefit from the act.

That being said, this story is well written. I was impressed with the dialog of the fight in particular, that was really well done. The characterizations show in the dialog and the characters each feel distinct.

If some plot armor isn’t a dealbreaker, give this one a shot.
Jimmy Sins chapter 1 . 4/10
One of the finest fictions I have ever read. The writing was flawless. No scenes wasted, plots after plots, scenes after scenes, every interaction was crafted perfectly. Great romance development. Going you two guys will collaborate a lot more in the future. Glad no one was a unemotional ice queen.
Glad you killed off Millicent, what she did to Draco because he didn't love her was inhumane, and you gave a nice little ending to Narcasicca.
But the end Harry's secret plan of power of love was useless. It didn't really do anything, expected better from you guy. But destroying hocruxes, will decrease voldemort's power was genius. Good thing to show voldemort as powerful as he was shown.

One of the few stories I enjoyed every word and every interaction of. Hope you guys continue doing well
corjca1 chapter 3 . 4/6
MALFOY YOU FRENCH FAGGET FUCKING HOEMOESEXUAL FUCKER I WOULD BURN FUDGES EYES OUT THE BALD FAT FUCKER OF a nonse lol ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Last Harper chapter 7 . 2/23
Sorry, I'm done. I really tried but I don't just go for the "Let pour sugar on Harry and things will work out" fictions.
Last Harper chapter 6 . 2/23
OK, It's sunshine and rainbows time. How did this show up in a Harry destroys Wizarding economy search? I'll give it one more chapter.
Last Harper chapter 4 . 2/23
I would have liked Harry to ask her who she was going to sell him info to. Her reaction would have been interesting.
I'm not a fan of marriage contract stories. They are a over used poorly written excuse for mindless smut. That said this may very well be one of the greatest stories ever written based on this trope. I also enjoyed that each horcrux destroyed weakened riddle just as it should based on necromancy. It shows a deeper understanding on the subject then most ever realize. While I was not going to read and did skip this story several times I'm glad I did read it. Hopefully I will see more of your work. If you can take a marriage contract trope and make it worth reading I'm excited at the idea of you doing a groundhog day trope. Most are terrible yet I feel you very well may be able to make it worth while to read. Best of wishes to you and once more thank you for a great story
thomaspheasant chapter 30 . 1/20
great story
Dayside chapter 1 . 1/20
Just leave the fucking country duh. What can their dumb ass laws do if you're not there to submit your blood and shit.
NotNow25 chapter 10 . 1/5
I know there is supposed to be more drama in building the relationship between Harry and Daphne and I know that no writer would've just done the same to them as to Tracy and Neville, but until now, at least for me, Daphne isn't likeable at all. Until now, Neville is the one who's got the grand prize. I think even your Harry likes her more than he likes Daphne.
More important than that, aren't giving blood and entering magically binding contracts whiteout knowing all the clauses big NONOs in this univers? How the heck could they just go ahead with it like that? To be honest, I think the ICW should have intervened in this situation, even more so considering the fact that they've thrown a few "lawbreakers" in Azkaban.
3,133 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »