Reviews for The Legacy Preservation Act
Xxikk cX
PaigeMHughes chapter 1 . 7/11
I love this story. The pacing is perfect and the character growth is believable. I just have two comments about contradictions you’ve accidentally made. When Harry got his account summary his acct manager was Rotfang and then when he and Daphne’s arrive at Gringotts it was someone else (name escapes me). Also, originally either Tracey or Daphne was telling their betrothed about how their friendship started and it was explained that their Dads were close and the two girls became close, but in this chapter you have Daphne telling Harry that the girl’s’ dads don’t get along... just thought you should know in case you want to make a quick edit to fix it. I can’t wait to finish this fic.
Deo Gryffin chapter 30 . 7/10
I congratulate you on writing such an incredible story. It had a number of problems yes, but I would still say it was one of the better fanfics out there. Great job.
D00rFr4m3 chapter 30 . 7/10
Well that was a delightful read, thank you so much for taking the time to write it, and the effort to make it good.

I really enjoyed how much more than a canon rehash this was. It was quite unique, and I find that to be a pretty critical part of a good fic. I dislike reading canon with minor alterations.

Daphne's while family was pretty cool, normally with characters like her there's just really close family. Parents/canon sibling. I like that you brought in about a billion cousins. I think.. four aunts and an uncle, too? Then grandparents, and... it was nice.

It was a really good read, and thanks once again for writing it.
BillBrink chapter 30 . 7/7
I enjoyed it even more the second time around. Thanks once more for sharing such a great talent.
Pygmy Hippo chapter 30 . 7/9
I loved it! Such an amazing story!
Deo Gryffin chapter 11 . 7/9
Ok, so two things. Why is Harry so opposed to oaths and why the hell is the whole manipulation thing such a big deal? I don't know maybe I'm just heartless, but I fail to see why everyone is making such a big deal of it. Everybody manipulates everybody, that's human nature. Manipulation is by no means inherently bad. Daphne's plan involeves manipulation of a person towards what can be viewed as better. I the only "bad" part of her plan is her attitude towards her potential children's upbringing. But we're talking about a 15 year old here. People change, opinions change, not wven mentioning Harry will be the other parent and he will probably set her on the right track... Or his lack of good parents/parent figure will mean he becomes a bad parenthimself. Either or. Point is it's getting annoying to read about such a big nothingburger. Can we move on?
Deo Gryffin chapter 7 . 7/8
Really? This is actually getting annoying... No, Daphne is not wrong about Hagrid. He may not be an oaf, but by all intents and purposes Harry has no grounds to stand on when talking about his quality of teaching on the information we are given in this fic or in canon. This seems to be a reaccuing trend in this fanfic. Harry has an overly emotional reaction, with no rationale put behind it, which is understandable, to be fair. The reactions themselves seem natural but he has no self awareness what so ever. The person that caused the reaction apologises, Harry accepts it and that's it. Again fine, excluding the fact that Harry himself should apologise for the outburst, or at the very least show any kind of self awareness. Those interactions are small and rare but still enough to make Harry seem more and more unsympathetic to me.
Lady Frozen Rose chapter 1 . 7/6
I don't know if anyone mentioned this but the spelling of Umbridge's first name is Dolores not Delores.

this is interesting so far
williamhaysjr chapter 9 . 7/4
I have read this chapter multiple times and have the same problem every time. Why did Harry have to apologize when Daphne was the one who attacked him? Why was he listening to her bff on Daphne related topics? A mutual apology I could see but all this did was make him look weak and manipulatable.
Jen chapter 30 . 7/2
Thanks!
DustBunnyQueen chapter 2 . 7/3
Well, I like your explanation of the 'Power of Love' better than any other I've read so far. This one actually makes sense and doesn't sound like an overly-used fairy tale.

I also like how you've made Ron mature. I haven't read many stories where Ron looks back on his behavior at the Yule Ball and his interactions with Hermione and decide things need to change and that a relationship wouldn't work.

Well, done!
niceeee chapter 30 . 6/30
good story
Cwhit930 chapter 30 . 6/17
This was a great story. I do enjoy the Harry/Daphne paring. Lots of detail, serius lives, Umbridge gets it, all is well. Thank you for the share and on to the next one
Kindred Scarlet chapter 29 . 6/14
you know what I realized would have been cool ? that if Vildemort got weaker since he has Harry's blood and a lord with no child so he might either be effected because he wasnt with Daphne or because he wasnt with his intended
2,872 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »