Reviews for The Cupboard Series 2: Hermione's Book Nook
GF chapter 37 . 8/12/2022
You know, Mrs. Longbottom is always called old, and everything about her is 'old, set in her ways, stuffy, prim and proper', etc. I mean, a stuffed vulture hat? Really?! Unless she is the Great Grandmother? But she is always going on about HER Frank this or that.
With magicals nearly always marrying early, and pureblood betrothals practically forcing marriage before they turn twenty, HOW is Neville's grandmother NOT only about FIFTY TWO, maybe less! Realistically, she should be twenty years younger than McGonagall. And NO ONE calls Minerva- OLD.
Depending on how many kids you have, a generation is twenty-ish years, maybe thirty. Neville is only twelve, same as Harry. Eighteen, eighteen, and twelve is forty eight. Frank is an only child, and Alice was Lily's age, even if Frank was a few years older (?).
Conclusion. Augusta Longbottom ain't no old witch!
GF chapter 26 . 8/11/2022
Please, don't make Remus' and Sirius a couple.
I saw a "Spidey and Friends" this morning, with a same sex couple and their kids having a picnic... in a kids CARTOON! So, yes, tolerance is good. Everyone do your thing. Let your freak flag fly, and all that. (I'm 57. I don't REALLY feel that way, but societal norms are pushing me to at least ACT like it's ok.)
Maybe I'm scarred (two R's). I've been hit on 52 times. Out in bars, when I was younger, college, even in my forties. I don't know if I'm some kind of gay magnet, or if they just ask everyone, hoping to get some.
Anyway, I'm not down... figuratively OR literally.
( At least every single proposition was from a "bottom", not the other way around.)
GF chapter 23 . 8/6/2022
My dad had an old pre 1950's, Kodak 620 film size camera, and I used it a couple times for my photography class in the early eighties. Fold out bellows, lens on the front frame, flip up 'fast' viewfinder, or 90 degree angle prism. Very cool, but very outdated. Roll film in 620 (almost 3 inch by 2 inch negative! Think BIGGER than medium format Hasselblad or Bronica) wasn't even made any more, so I had to go to a pro photog shop in the city (Akron, Ohio) and buy 220 size ( 2 inch square ) then grind down the spool size on a bench grinder, to make it fit the camera.
So..." Grab another cannisters and pop it into the camera"? Probably not. If it WAS a 35mm SLR , then you WOULD have a telephoto lens available, AND variable power flash, too! That is not the kind of camera Colin has.
Just sayin'.
GF chapter 19 . 8/5/2022
He bought some kind of 'coloring' potion. Hair, or skin? So... Green? Or Gryffindor red?
GF chapter 14 . 8/4/2022
Omake
Also, in the Goblin mail box, a small package with a small note attached. Reading the card- ' Mother says you might still be a little young, but go ahead and start you a collection, anyways. She also said to tell you, as I get older, these 'items' will continue to get smaller, and smaller'.
And opening the parcel, Harry pulled out what appeared to be an already fairly small pair of panties. The note had been signed Love, Daphne.
GF is G Fawkes chapter 11 . 8/4/2022
"No good for long distance flights, but it's good enough to get from school to home."
From the highlands of Scotland to London is roughly 500 miles (I don't DO metric). Surrey is further west, and Otterey St. Catchpole is south and west from Surrey. So... six hundred miles? And owls can't go faster than twenty four miles per hour. (I have no idea wtf JKR thinks they do. Apparate? Portkey?)
Anyway... long distance? Just how far is that, if 600 miles is short?!

(What is the kilometers? 1.6 times the miles?)
G Fawkes chapter 9 . 8/4/2022
"Marble" statue? Not bronze? We will be finding out why, soon enough?
_
Razzafrazzen- brazzencratzin, em-effing, G-dee-ing, movie watching - so and so!. The elevators go DOWN. The floors of the ministry go DOWN. The ministry building is inverted, upside down. Atrium is the top. Floor TEN is the lowest. Book Canon rules. Please don't quote movie sh**!
My earlier rant about Harry's bedroom was that EVEN the movie got it right, unexpectedly. Not supporting movies as a source.
G Fawkes chapter 1 . 8/3/2022
2014 date, so, yeah, kind of stupid reviewing...
Anyway...
No one. Ever. Even the Dursleys. Wouldn't put bars on the FRONT of the house. And I HATE the movies, but "CoS" clearly has the flying car coming around to the back of the house. (I don't have the book to cross check) And master bedrooms generally have windows on the front of the house, so you can look outside when the sirens go down the street.
But yeah, bars on only one, front, second story window? I HOPE someone called the police!
So... No driving down the road pointing and laughing. Yes, rude. Yes, very Dursley-ish. But not real feasible. Harry ain't up in the window.
qwertyuiop123214685 chapter 31 . 7/16/2022
that means his bethrthal contract will be invalid as he wasnt harry's guardian
Veronica McClure chapter 28 . 3/27/2022
Boy you. have this chapter so well orchestrated I was yelling at Dumbledore 's maneuverings in getting Molly a mere housewife to sign that illegal betrothal without her head of house's knowledge or consent! Well can't wait to see Gringott's tear into it and apart.
Veronica McClure chapter 10 . 3/27/2022
"...frail, emancipated? body...?
Veronica McClure chapter 9 . 3/27/2022
Guess Harry should have one day dressed in robes that looked like a giant lightening bolt.
Sir Dedrick the Cool chapter 33 . 3/20/2022
Really? Three Defindos took out a basilisk? Sir Dedrick is not so sure about this.
TopazFlameWitch chapter 35 . 1/14/2022
In this fic Harry seemed a bit out of character...he was never the one to attract attention towards himself...and yes, he would want the school to know that he was not responsible for the attacks but I don't think he would go stand on the podium and say 'I killed it...' I also don't think he would want to take students down to the chamber and the head of DMLE would allow it much less think that its a good idea...but maybe the different circumstances have changed his way of handling things. Also, I want to say that appreciate your diligence in updating and completing your fics.
Guest chapter 18 . 12/9/2021
Why in the hell do you keep calling it Privet Dive. There's no such thing. There are drives, roads, avenues, streets, boulevards, but there's no such thing as a dive! Shit it's Privet DRIVE
1,318 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »