Reviews for A Brother's Farewell
Freebird87 chapter 1 . 10/30/2016
That was a great story.
MadTom chapter 1 . 3/22/2015
Very nice story. Well written and consistent with the script for the pilot episode without plagiarizing it.

Just one minor nitpick: Brian was drafted into the Army. It was an Army honor guard at his funeral.

BTW, I've never posted my own THE WONDER YEARS spec scripts here on fanfic dot net, but I take my pen name from a character in my own TWY spec script which I wrote while the series was still on its original run, but the producers weren't taking unsolicited spec scripts. The script was originally conceived as a crossover with TOUR OF DUTY which was a Vietnam War series that ran the same time as TWY's first three seasons and was produced by the same company. "Mad Tom" Ward was originally TOUR OF DUTY's Lieutenant Myron Goldman, who turns up as a captain and an ROTC instructor at the college that Kevin and Winnie attend together during what happens to be the last year of the Vietnam War. But Myron Goldman's backstory became too unwieldy so I had to change his name. The story touches on many of the same issues touched upon by your story. If you're interested in reading it, you can find it on my own website, lylefrancispadilla dot com.