Reviews for Mary P: A Memoir
Sophia the Scribe chapter 5 . 6/21/2017
This is amazing! I will never see Mary Poppins the same again...and I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your HP stories, but I'm only in the middle of OotP right now, so I have to wait...But I will definitely leave reviews on them once I do! Blessings, Sophia
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 5 . 12/31/2016
This really is fantastic. A delightful explanation for one of my favorite of M. P.'s experiences.
MuggleCreator chapter 5 . 12/22/2016
:) Awwww...
IfIcan'tdance chapter 5 . 12/22/2016
Fabulous!
slytherinsal chapter 5 . 12/21/2016
Nice
dianaanne chapter 4 . 11/17/2016
Love the magic explanation.
Old Toad chapter 4 . 11/14/2016
There is much to amuse and to admire in this continuing tale of a snobbish Slytherin working as a nanny to a muggle family. The character of Mary Poppins is cleverly portrayed by a first-person narrative consistently written with faultless skill. The downside of this is that this Mary P. is very full of herself and must give us her thoughts and opinions in great detail and rather great length throughout her story.
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 4 . 11/12/2016
I love this idea. You're right, a lot of Mary Poppin's activities could be referred to as magic.
MuggleCreator chapter 3 . 4/22/2016
Awwwwwww. Sweet.
dianaanne chapter 3 . 8/5/2015
Great fun to read. Hmm ... Might Potter be her last name?
EmmaGoldmanSachs chapter 3 . 8/4/2015
Very happy to have another chapter, and such a sweet story about Mary and Bert.
EmmaGoldmanSachs chapter 2 . 3/2/2015
Wonderfully funny, and you've caught her voice perfectly. I don't know if you plan to write more, but I would love to read it if you do. I love the casual house-elf references!
dianaanne chapter 2 . 2/21/2015
Too funny!
Tabithatibi chapter 2 . 1/3/2015
Hi! How exciting to have Chapter 1 up! :)

I think you've really captured Mary Poppins well, here. You've managed to blend a delightfully real feeling insiders look on the Wizarding world with all the crisp primness of the original Mary Poppins. I'm glad you haven't made her overly nice; as fantastical as she was, her character always left much to be desired, and you've succeeded in making her seem reasonable and sensible from one angle, but also rather harsh and petty from another.
I loved seeing you include her thoughts behind each action (e.g. siding up the banisters, etc.) from the perspective of someone from the wizarding world trying to toe the line and not outrageously break the Statute of Secrecy (I noticed by the way, that you listed the year that the wizarding world went into hiding as 1697 - it was actually 1692 :) ) and I also like how you've managed to make her still quite unaware about certain Muggle ways despite all her research; it feels authentic to both the HP and MP worlds, and that's rather impressive.

Tabs

P.S. I also love the little details like 'Rowena's Chamber' and the banister sliding competitions!
ehogsmeade chapter 2 . 1/1/2015
This is absolutely delightful. Although I only know Mary Poppins from the Disney film (and now feel encouraged to read the original books), her voice seems perfect. Well done and I look forward to more.