Reviews for Iceberg Theory
katiek1952 chapter 1 . 4/11/2017
Just reread this. Love it.
ilylps chapter 1 . 10/2/2015
I'm sure dancesabove will feel much better after reading
this heart-warming story. It has certainly improved my
rather gloomy mood this evening. Thanks.
hazeleyes571 chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Lovely, beautifully paced. I could just see CF venting a little of his terror on Sam for the scare she had put him through. I liked Sam's 'glad it happened because look what's happened now' attitude.

Can't believe I haven't read this before now, but better late than never!
dancesabove chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
This indeed helped me get through the poorly spell. I'm so honored. Thanks, dear friend. See you soon. xoxo
Deweynumbers chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
I can really picture the scene - beautifully done. I particularly enjoyed Sam's reactions "hands flapping now for lack of words"!
BD chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
Some of my favorite lines include, Foyle's "apprenticeship to stoicism" and "have I gone too far? Always. Never." Oh, let's not forget, "lovely girls I've got no business wanting."

Just perfect. Foyle was a mess of jangling nerves by the end of this episode, I find your conclusion much more satisfying. Thank you for a lovely story.
Bookworm Kate chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Ooh lovely, G! Favourite line: "tea time stubble"! Glad Sam was able to melt him (and in that beret, how could she not!). Some really great lines in this, particularly liked Sam's "perfect bear" bit. You've got a nice mix of tension, curiosity, and relief here. This is one of my favourite episodes, so very nice to see a story to go alongside it. Hope Foyle's sugar ration helps, dances - get well soon! Thanks for sharing, G!
Jean Dee chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
There is no doubt these two belong together. You have told us so many times; different situations, different scenarios but always fresh approaches intriguing and sensitive lead-ups to bringing them together. I wanted to cry for Sam when she was being berated by the man she yearned for but luckily she melted him. I really loved it, thank you.
sherlock1921 chapter 1 . 8/30/2014
Another crackling story. you have captured perfectly the sexual tension between them that some most? of us feel when watching them on screen . you are very talented and i would like to thank you for sharing.
LauraRaposa chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
Such a treat, GiuC! I got hot, bothered and nearly melted into a puddle of Foyle/Sam ooze after a read of your "Iceberg Theory."
I loved this exchange, "Hold me tighter" followed by "Give me a minute to get used to this." You do write such wonderful Foyle/Sam badinage.
A bravo to you along with get well wishes to dancesabove.
cmee57 chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
A sweet and tender treat! Better than any medicine.
Wolseley37 chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
What the heck!? You just spring this brilliant little teaser on us in the middle (hope it's the middle ;oD) of L'Aimant!? You're all, like, yeah, here's another gem. What's it to ya?

Seriously thrilling. Delicious details leading up, with aching tension, to her triumph and his capitulation to the truth behind his temper. I've always thought Sam looked extra adorable in the boiler suit and beret, so how could he resist?

Love the iceberg motif - entirely appropriate for the boss, and very clever: she melts his reserve, warms him up, and then she shivers from the thrill of it! Sweet.
Guest Mom chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
Sooo sweet & tender as both share special feelings. Love this story and way it is spun for us to savor.
Kailin chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
How very lovely! I always did wish that something sweet had happened after the bomb incident. You've hit it perfectly, as usual!