Reviews for And The Wounded Sing
Sailor Pandabear chapter 17 . 23h
nice
Sulia Serafine chapter 17 . 4/10
I really enjoyed this story. I thought you did a good job with his internal conflict. Stories with a lot of inner mind action are hard to do because it has to be very interesting or else you're impatiently waiting for the next bit of physical action. :)
Freak87 chapter 17 . 4/6
I loved this one too :) How could I not? It's so fantastic.
Love all the little details, that Peggy didn't like ever really like Bucky. That made me so sad, but I could definitely see that as feasible considering their first meeting, something that probably happened a lot to her, thus she saw Bucky as another "one of those guys" (I haven't read much in the way of fics during WW2 with Peggy, so I'm not sure how common this idea is, but I really enjoyed it, though I would hope one day they could have become friends, but obviously that doesn't work in canon :/). And I love that Bucky is self aware enough to know that he made a bad impression and doesn't want a repeat of that with someone else Steve cares about. Even though he's technically already met Sam XD But we'll give him a pass, being a brainwashed assassin doesn't count as a real first impression! :D
I love that Steve felt comfortable enough to even be inclined or want to laugh about Bucky being socially awkward (he's come so far just like Bucky), and of course Sam taking Bucky's side against Steve. They're gonna be trouble XD
Loved the Bucky fashion montage! And his medallion, and the pictures of his family (I'm so curious if his sister is still alive but I'm pretty sure I don't actually want to know because chances are she's either dead or has memory issues like Peggy. Plus I'm not sure how you handle finding out your brother didn't die, is still young and was a brainwashed assassin... now I'm wondering if Steve ever looked her up... so many feelings on this matter)
And Darcy actually being cautious about zombie octopus involvement! (love that she gave them a code name) Yes, I mean obviously the fact she has to be, but she took it to heart and is being cautious, progress! But at least Bucky had the forethought that this would be a very emotional moment neither would want to have in front of company especially Tony lol. Also Bucky takes the best pictures, catching people off guard or making odd faces, picking the best moment, it's definitely one of my favorite details. You'd think he's been doing this a lot longer with how easily he accepts that he can basically capture any moment, but he clearly knows what he wants to memorize. :)
God that last scene is pretty much perfection, so many feelings and they're so flipping adorable together. I love them 3 Anything else I have to say is just incoherent gushing, lol.
Absolutely fantastic job with this chapter, I'm sad to see there's only one chapter left! But I'm very excited for the end! Keep up the awesome work!
Vaughn Tyler chapter 17 . 4/6
Nice
mysticalphoenix-avalon chapter 16 . 3/29
I love it! Your continue character growth in the emotional aspect of Bucky is beautifully done. Can't wait to read more!
Sulia Serafine chapter 16 . 3/27
I'm so glad you updated! I'm looking forward to the momentum the story seems to be developing.
Rachet chapter 16 . 3/27
Hope real life lets up a little for you
canis lupus familiaris chapter 16 . 3/26
Really good chapter.
Niamh Cyneburg chapter 16 . 3/26
I'm in love. Head over heels in love with James Buchanan Barnes.
Bravo.
Freak87 chapter 16 . 3/26
First off, yay an update! :D
"He can’t believe Darcy consented to kiss him with this on his face, let alone make out with him as she did just an hour ago. He needed to shave it, if only for her benefit."
Lol, yes, just yes this.
About time he cut the beard! I have been waiting for this moment! And you nailed some great characterization with Bucky and his reflection and his beard here. Absolutely fantastic.
I love that he went to Bruce for this, and that Pepper is cutting his hair, and that Tony crashed the party. I basically loved everything about it :D
Tony was perfect here, he can be emotionally helpful!
Bye Bye beard! I will not miss you! ;)
But I am very curious of what Bucky's new haircut will be!
Awesome update, thank you for uploading this part early! I'm looking forward to more! :)
Vaughn Tyler chapter 16 . 3/26
nice
God. I love this more and more every chapter. This is my head cannon
gebi chapter 15 . 2/27