Reviews for And The Wounded Sing
Sailor Pandabear chapter 19 . 6/21
cool
Freak87 chapter 19 . 6/16
I absolutely loved this story! 3
I loved everything about it!
My two favorite lines:
“Four, if we include Tony. Which we must. He’ll pout if we don’t.” XD
“You’re a prince among bears, good sir.” I just love it when Darcy calls Bucky "bear" it's just so cute and adorable. And for whatever reason it makes me grin like a dork. I think this time was my favorite out of all them though. (loved her getting angry on his behalf, even if it was misplaced)
You are absolutely fantastic, and an extremely talented writer. I would love more to this series if you've got more, but it definitely ended here nicely leaving me very satisfied with the end point. It's a good stopping point, bringing them all together with everyone in a decent place to work together to fight Hydra, Darcy and Bucky being on the same page. It leaves the story in a solid place that can be an end, but also a great pickup point for the next story. Even though Zola and Rumlow are still out there, it doesn't feel incomplete. That might just be personal opinion on my part, as I'm fond of endings in which some things are resolved, others not, but everything is good for the moment despite being on the precipice of something bigger, calm before the storm type of thing.
I absolutely loved that last part with Darcy and Bucky, it really tied the whole thing together.
This series is probably my favorite Darcy/Bucky series, because of the realism. It just hits all the right points on so many levels. It was consistently invoking a lot of emotion from me as a reader, and between all the well deserved angst, there was a lot of fun times. It was an excellence balance and never felt forced. You have quite the talent for capturing emotions. I am hoping you will be writing more stories, especially Darcy/Bucky ones, and I look forward to reading them! Good luck with your writing!
Saoirse7 chapter 19 . 6/16
This was a very sweet ending, but I'm glad to hear it's not the end!
Sulia Serafine chapter 19 . 6/15
Very satisfying finish to this "arc." Thanks for working so hard on this! It shows.
canis lupus familiaris chapter 19 . 6/12
Good chapter.
Vaughn Tyler chapter 19 . 6/12
nice.
magical-mystery-girl chapter 18 . 5/28
This story has been awesome so far! I love how you're dealing the PTSD going on. Great job and I can't wait for more!
Vaughn Tyler chapter 18 . 5/11
Nice
Freak87 chapter 18 . 5/10
Clint the fanboy! Yes! Awkward first meetings are hilarious. :D
So much I loved about their talk. I really liked how the flow of conversation went. It's just super hesitant and awkward and they're clearly not very comfortable at first. But Clint is a fan! And just shades of Coulson but so very different because Bucky's return was nothing like Steve's. I love this start you have given them. The ending about the darts is great, I can see them becoming good friends :)
All the glancing about the room is spot on as well, really sold the scene.
I loved this, and I'm excited to see the last part! Saddened that it will be over, but so very excited!
You're doing a fabulous job, keep up the great work! It's always worth the wait :)
Alfheimchick chapter 18 . 5/10
Great work! This was such a realistic scene, the interactions you wrote fit beautifully.

Alfheimchick
canis lupus familiaris chapter 18 . 5/10
very, very well done and believable.
muzzarae chapter 17 . 4/21
I really love this story and can't wait to see more!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 17 . 4/20
nice
Sulia Serafine chapter 17 . 4/10
I really enjoyed this story. I thought you did a good job with his internal conflict. Stories with a lot of inner mind action are hard to do because it has to be very interesting or else you're impatiently waiting for the next bit of physical action. :)
Freak87 chapter 17 . 4/6
I loved this one too :) How could I not? It's so fantastic.
Love all the little details, that Peggy didn't like ever really like Bucky. That made me so sad, but I could definitely see that as feasible considering their first meeting, something that probably happened a lot to her, thus she saw Bucky as another "one of those guys" (I haven't read much in the way of fics during WW2 with Peggy, so I'm not sure how common this idea is, but I really enjoyed it, though I would hope one day they could have become friends, but obviously that doesn't work in canon :/). And I love that Bucky is self aware enough to know that he made a bad impression and doesn't want a repeat of that with someone else Steve cares about. Even though he's technically already met Sam XD But we'll give him a pass, being a brainwashed assassin doesn't count as a real first impression! :D
I love that Steve felt comfortable enough to even be inclined or want to laugh about Bucky being socially awkward (he's come so far just like Bucky), and of course Sam taking Bucky's side against Steve. They're gonna be trouble XD
Loved the Bucky fashion montage! And his medallion, and the pictures of his family (I'm so curious if his sister is still alive but I'm pretty sure I don't actually want to know because chances are she's either dead or has memory issues like Peggy. Plus I'm not sure how you handle finding out your brother didn't die, is still young and was a brainwashed assassin... now I'm wondering if Steve ever looked her up... so many feelings on this matter)
And Darcy actually being cautious about zombie octopus involvement! (love that she gave them a code name) Yes, I mean obviously the fact she has to be, but she took it to heart and is being cautious, progress! But at least Bucky had the forethought that this would be a very emotional moment neither would want to have in front of company especially Tony lol. Also Bucky takes the best pictures, catching people off guard or making odd faces, picking the best moment, it's definitely one of my favorite details. You'd think he's been doing this a lot longer with how easily he accepts that he can basically capture any moment, but he clearly knows what he wants to memorize. :)
God that last scene is pretty much perfection, so many feelings and they're so flipping adorable together. I love them 3 Anything else I have to say is just incoherent gushing, lol.
Absolutely fantastic job with this chapter, I'm sad to see there's only one chapter left! But I'm very excited for the end! Keep up the awesome work!