Reviews for Chuck versus Escapism
baldcoder chapter 1 . 6/26/2016
Good one shot. Could be expanded a chapter or two. Maybe?!
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 1/18/2016
This is good.
phnxgrl chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
Interesting take. I loved how Sarah dumped Shaw. Please continue.
stars90 chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Fantastic work! You did capture the characters, really well.
charahkids chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
I really believe you did a great job, through it's so OOC for Chuck to attempt to kill himself. Non the less, I'm looking forward to the next chapter! :D
Marc Vun Kannon chapter 1 . 9/2/2014
I like the story, very realistic and completely possible. I doubt Shaw would have displayed that much emotion when Sarah dumped him, though. I'd be interested in seeing more, even though I'm sort of burnt out on Shaw stories.
Chuckfanster chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
Nice change from what happened in canon although I didn't like the attempted suicide part at all. I hope you get into more details how what has happened will get Casey reinstated as I don't see it yet. I like the idea of Chuck, Sarah, Morgan and Casey going to Italy which would be cool. I'm also wondering what Shaw's plan is. Does he know at this time that Sarah killed his wife? Or did that even happen in your story? One last comment - I hope you don't follow that ridiculous plot line about Sarah being unable to say 'I love you' to Chuck. The show seemed to make it a bigger deal to say the three magic words than havings sex. Absurd. The same thing happend with Morgan and Alex. Hope you don't go down that path. Thank you for writing. Well written.
Charah Forever chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
This is a AWESOME start to a story. Please continue.
Buzzkill chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
ERK being ERK.
Only participating by being dogmatic and condescending when a story doesn't fit the ERK mold.
Jon chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
I like first chapter. I don't mind the suicide attempt(yes it was OOC but it's AU) and your style of writting is good.

I hope that you write Chuck and Sarah's talk about lack of trust from Sarah, Sam and why Sarah still hold Prague againts Chuck when she knew why he chosed to stay and be spy(plus her plan wasn't really good).

I wonder how you handle Sarah/Shaw. They were supposed to be in committed relationship so I doubt control freak as Shaw would settle for Sarah's explanation. Plus Sarah seemed little fickle, after they visit in DC(where he gave her expansive jewelry, etc) I would expect that she would give him little more than "I change my mind, bye".

I wonder if Shaw is already with Ring or he is just using TeamB to avenge his wife and don't know about Sarah's part.
TheRealSlimShady chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Gah! All those harsh reviews, at least they were in my opinion.I know there's freedom of speech and freedom of conscience but...geezz!
I think this story has a good premise, so thumbs up for that. Yes the plot line is a bit ou there, but you DID say it was AU. That being said, the part about Sharah sleeping with Shaw, yes it is a bit um, what's the word? unfortunate? sad?.. whatever that she did, and the show did make it seem as if she did, so I can let that pass. Besides, Chuck did sleep with Hannah and Jill while he was in love with Sarah but he thought he couldn't have her. Similarily, Sarah probably slept with shaw as a sort of substitute since in her mind she couldn't be with the Chuck she knew and thought she had lost forever.
I'm very interseted in seeing how this plays out, especially the whole Shaw wanting revenge.
Don't let those negative reviews faze you. Ok?
fezzywhigg chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Muhaha! Nice start. Now to see what Shaw is up to.
evilredknight chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Frankly when you have a character(Chuck) who didn't/wouldn't do ANYTHING close to the action you gave him(attempting suicide) it just comes off as eye-rolling uber-angst.
There are a couple of tropes in fan fiction that come across as silly, awful, lazy, and shallow plot devices.
Rape, abuse, self-harm. and suicide. Don't use them.
If one , or more of those DIDN'T come up in canon, It just feels artificial.
It disrespects the character, and the (trauma) you have subjected them to.
Think about this - other the uber-angst it caused, Are Chuck and Sarah basically in the same place they would be if the Suicide attempt hadn't happened if you simply followed canon events within the same time frame?
Chuck and Sarah have hade a real conversation. Happened in canon.
Casey told her he killed the mole. Happened in canon.
Shaw knows or found out about Sarah killing his wife and is planning revenge. Happened in canon.
So the suicide attempt changed nothing that happened in canon other then creating an uber-angst moment. See why it feels unnecessary and artificial?
JR69stang chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
The writing is pretty good but the subject matter
sucks. If you had used the words red test, Shaw
and/or suicide in the description I would have
simply skipped this. Shaw in S3a destroyed the
show. I want to read nothing where S3a is
concerned. One exception is Costas TT's Hollywood
story. But thanks for the try at a story. JR
guest chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
wasn't expecting chuck to do what he did, but pretty great writing and ha! take that shaw! hahaha