Reviews for Gunpowder & Lead
TNO chapter 3 . 10/15/2016
I like this story so far. It is big improvement compared to prevoius ones.
Here we can see people are much more realistic. They have person al trivial problems, they can screw up, or bleed. They are not perfect.
That makes them interesting and worth rooting for.
BTW I suspected "You can't hide from PsiDiv creep" somwhere during chase scene.
LaMoira chapter 7 . 4/4/2016
I should have written a review for every single episode but this time I preferred to wait until I read it all... I'm sorry because your stories definitely should have more reviews!

Again, I loved the descriptions of Mega City 1. Because of my line of work, I'm really interested in all kind of futuristic/sci-fi depictions of urban landscapes and ways of life, and that's one of the things I love the most about Judge Dredd stories both comics and 2012 movie. So I was naturally thrilled by the action scene on the highways and also... the mopad! I really really liked this idea.

Another thing I found interesting was Kim Calitri and her relationship with Reynolds and Omari, because of this femme fatale/sexist guy duality. I like how her manipulation goes further than mere sexual manipulation and she also uses her "psi powers". Here you have 3 female characters and each of them is strong in her own way and that's really cool!

I was a bit sad for Taylor... I liked this character very much and I thought that he showed potential for later stories but anyways... c'est la vie.

One of my favourite scenes was Reynolds death, how his badge deformes and falls ringing just before he does, like a physical reminder that he has already resigned to all the things a judge stands for.

I love that you have this larger story but you are narrating it in smaller pieces. I don't think I have seen another fanfic like this... it somehow makes sense with the comics style of narrative but anyways, I think it's very original for FF world and it makes me want to keep reading!
jane h chapter 7 . 1/12/2016
very good loved it
jane h chapter 5 . 1/12/2016
very good
Warner chapter 7 . 9/7/2015
Thank you. This is the first Dredd fiction I have ever read. And I kept reading. And I enjoy your comments that accompany each chapter. I liked the details - you obviously have detailed knowledge of the background - which allows you to put in your own interesting additions, while maintaining consistency.
You got me to smile more than once. And making me care about the characters, in a just a few thousand words - awesome. I shall be coming back for me.
I discovered to my dismay, that just because I can read, I am hopeless at writing fiction. But I have tried hard enough, and failed enough, to appreciate just how good your writing is, and the huge skill involved.
BenRG chapter 7 . 5/3/2015
Dredd's faith in Slocum and in SJS as a whole is charming and understandable. If I'm right about where we are in a comics-equivalent timeline, he still had no reason to believe that his colleagues, as a whole, weren't basically all on the side of angels. It would take a cataclysmic future event for him to realise that in the past decade or so, SJS had been corrupted from top to bottom with only a handful of honest IA investigators and enforcers left.

But... well... as River Song would put it: "Spoilers, sweetie!"
BenRG chapter 6 . 5/3/2015
Y'know, I was really expecting Kim to go out fighting and Daz to find out just how weird a duel between psis can look.

I also still don't think that this is over. the woman must have planned for them to reach her. I've got the feeling that she's let them capture her for some reason. I wonder what it could be? What's the next move?
BenRG chapter 5 . 5/3/2015
It worries me that Calitri knows tricks that Anderson doesn't and, more specifically, can't even guess how to replicate. Things like that can't be learnt by luck. Someone taught this young woman to be a psionic weapon and they have to find out who. There could, after all, be more students of the same program out there.
BenRG chapter 4 . 5/3/2015
There are two kinds of arrogance in this world - the justified and the unjustified. Both can get you killed but, in the case of any Rookie passed by Joe Dredd, you can at least be sure that it is JUSTIFIED.
BenRG chapter 3 . 5/3/2015
Very nicely written chapter. I could actually SEE the events unfolding as I read it. You're pretty good at descriptive writing. BTW - Michael Bay would have loved you for writing a smash-bang-wallop highway chase like that for him! ;-)
BenRG chapter 2 . 5/3/2015
Dangerous dame; she's at least as strong as Anderson and has no serious moral compunctions to boot. I'm wondering how deep her game goes. Did she deliberately plan the smash-and-grab as a lure to leak the warehouse's location without raising suspicions so that the Judges would take out daddy dearest for her?

As for Reynolds... I wonder how long he's been in someone's pocket. Given he's been on this case for a while, the Family could have corrupted him a long time ago. Pretty Kimmy may have been cultivating him for a long time.
Thug-4-Less chapter 7 . 2/4/2015
This last chapter started off anticlimactic and, by the end, I was mostly like "wtf".

Excellent work. Lol.

I'll have to try to read some of these other fics just so I can be up on the extensive lore of your fanverse.

Thanks for writing.
Thug-4-Less chapter 6 . 2/4/2015
The last few chapters really ratcheted the action by degrees right up until the end. That Kim is a real piece of work. Her sociopathic tendencies are chilling. Honestly, she freaks me out more than any antagonistic thus far, and not just because of her powers.

Excellent work!
Thug-4-Less chapter 2 . 2/3/2015
Wow. That escalated quickly.

Your descriptions of Cassandra's use of her powers is well done and obviously thought out as opposed to just being thrown in for "rule of cool" points.

On the edge of my seat now!

Thanks !
Thug-4-Less chapter 1 . 2/3/2015
Your OC's continue to shine. Chief Daz, in particular stands out, because of your commentary on the inherent sexism of an elite group comprised primarily of men.

The opening was light on action but you made up for it with riveting interplay between Judges. That is one of the main strengths of your fics. So often, in many Fandoms, the title character overshadows everyone else so that they seem to be merely there to prop the hero/ine up. In your stories, even tertiary character seem to have intricate back stories if you just could turn one more page to find them.

Thanks for writing!