Reviews for It's Right There
lulu1960 chapter 7 . 1/5/2015
The things Lorelai gets Luke to do. But in the end you see that he likes her brand of crazy.
lulu1960 chapter 6 . 12/31/2014
Love how homey this chapter felt. The process of the boys moving in and Luke and Lorelai beginning the 'shacking up' process. Let the festival begin!
lulu1960 chapter 5 . 12/26/2014
Ah yes, the chapter with the gazebo scene. Whenever I recall this fic I totally remember it by the gazebo scene.
I'm enjoying savoring this fic again.
lulu1960 chapter 4 . 11/29/2014
Always funny to see Luke try to pass off a turkey burger for the beef one. Funny how years later (on the show) Luke tried to pass off the baked nachos.
Nice to revisit the town of Stars Hollow. Miss Patty wanting details, Kirk carrying hedge clippers and Sookie being so happy for Lorelai.
Too bad Christopher ended up not being as adult on the show as he was in your story.
lulu1960 chapter 3 . 11/10/2014
Ah yes, the Inn and Spa. Fun times ahead. Hee. I love that he is taking her to the batting cages.
Fish Bag chapter 2 . 11/4/2014
I probably should have written this review as soon as I finished reading, but I just had to keep going onto "chapter" 3, so I might be a little fuzzy on what came from where. I remember laughing at Lorelai calling Luke a celery stick filled with low-fat peanut butter, though. Perfect! I find this utterly fascinating, how spot on you have the characters and the pacing and everything. I've read other stories that start from approximately this same starting point, but I think this is the first one I've read that actually was written right then and really didn't have the benefit of hindsight. Not that it's necessarily a benefit- I'm also intrigued with the direction you chose to take certain plot points, like Rory's missing bracelet. I just think the whole thing is cool. And it holds up so well. And I love, love your sense of humor, both the overt jokes from Lorelai, and the in-jokes woven into the writing. "Yeah, I hate it when shows drag out the attraction between two people and it's so obvious that they're gonna get them together eventually..." HA! (now I know why you were the one to notice my Seinfeld shout-out). Thank you so much for restoring this for us! This is such a treat!
lulu1960 chapter 2 . 11/3/2014
Ah yes, Jess on the roof. Nothing like Lorelai realizing he saw her naked. Kinda like Tom's crew. LOL.
It was fun to see Lorelai rewinding VCR tapes.
Cute on the ILYs and I always get a kick out of Sookie's reaction to hearing them saying it so casually in the diner. If only ... on the show.
Fish Bag chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to restore this epic to its original glory. Of course, it's all original to me, so I look forward to seeing your take on how how things should have played out, before they actually did. I like how you grouped the parts together. Now I don't have to feel guilty for binge reading, since I only read one chapter so far!, not 8. ;) I have to ask- if this first part was originally written in 2002, how did you know about Luke's tattoo? Or did you go back and edit now or over the years? Curious about your process. Thanks again for doing this for us.
lulu1960 chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
It will be fun to read this again. I enjoy rediscovering some parts that I had forgotten. I didn't remember about the dollhouse until I got to the part where Lorelai asked Luke if he wanted to see the Mansion then it all came back to me.
Sookie's 'voice' is well done. I think you captured the friendship between her and Lorelai well.
Thanks for all the hard work you did to 'M' it up.
elaviell chapter 1 . 10/29/2014
This was the very first fanfic I read in my life! And I don't mean my first JJ fanfic but my first fic itself. I didn't even know what a fanfic was. I must have been, what? 12? Wow, I don't even remember anymore. I'm 25 now! The memories. But seriously, this is perfection. I remember reading it back then, it wasn't even here, I think it was in GeoCities and I had it favorited and one day it wasn't there anymore and I freaked. I'm so happy I found it again! I am going to reread this and die all over again.

But seriously, I loooooooove this story so much. It's perfect and your writing is perfect and I'm so excited and can't wait to read this as if it were the first time. I'm going to go ahead and read all your other JJ fics as well. Thank you so much for sharing these stories with us. They are the best.
ImTheNana chapter 16 . 10/16/2012
Hi, not sure if you still have the link for the original story, but, I'd like it if you do. I tried to find it on the adult fic site on yahoo (I'm a member) but no luck. I truly loved this story, although I have to say I really got annoyed with Lorelai's behavior at times, I know she's immature, but there were times it was over the top. Don't get me wrong, I love your writing style, just her portrayal was too much sometimes. Also, this was my second time reading this, and it is a favorite too :) thank you for writing it!
Guest chapter 16 . 8/4/2011
I loved this soooooooooooo much
Where the plum trees lie chapter 9 . 8/3/2011
Love it
Dudly chapter 8 . 4/12/2009
You know, that is probably one of the best fic I've read, filled with Luke and Lorelai love and mh, it lasts forever. I swear, some parts had me laughing real hard. I love, love your Lorelai and Rory. Especially the girls night out, where they end up auditioning for a play. n_n

Now. There's just one or two things that annoy me, and it might just be me.

Way. Too. Much. Eyerolling.

I mean, fine. Eyerolls communicate the traditional "Oh, you annoy me so" message with style and humor, and it feels as good to use as a verbal comeback in real life. However... Damn. You should just try to count them out, see how much time the action can be used, watch them multiply and have children. (Smirk, smile, shrug, roll eyes, reply, say, narrow eyes- pattern)

And, how come the Cosmo article seemed to be addressed to men?

Anyways. It's a great fic, and I feel bad that I'm complaining about it because the level of irritation is nowhere near the level of love, y'know? It just needs me pointing it out, because when I read the story, I feel like Luke does nothing but roll his eyes (and makes food and does Lorelai). Which he doesn't do all that often, I think. I mean, really.

But YEAH. I do love the fic. *nods* It deserves every praise in the world.

dudly xx
Potterworm chapter 16 . 4/12/2009
Such a long, wonderful story. You're a fantastic writer.
224 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »