Reviews for Breathe
MrsPandaBrowncoat chapter 1 . 9/13
Awww, this is fun! Like it very much.
Megan Lynch-Peabody chapter 1 . 9/3
Wow, wow, this is awesome! It's cool and clever to come up with the idea that Peter's mask also acts as an inhaler. I also love Peter feeling scared to tell the group about his asthma and how he feels useless from it. I have asthma and it's definitely a challenge when it slows me down.

Overall, this is a great fanfic.
Jokul Frosti The Winter Child chapter 1 . 7/25
I didn't realise how much I needed this
Pigquet chapter 1 . 7/16
I really, really loved this!

The headcanon of a character having asthma is usually just given to more nerdy characters, but honestly, anyone can have asthma, even badass, galaxy-defending heroes, and Peter having this like many humans do and the other guardians having no idea what it is and what's wrong with him is a great concept.

The entire scene where all of the guardians are terrified while Peter is dying from lack of breath right in front of their eyes and don't know how to stop it was heart-wrenching, as was their getting mad at him for not taking care of himself/not telling them sooner. Poor Peter was just embarrassed, but I agree, that was so stupid, you tell your team what they need to know! I love how touched he was when it was clear they cared and wouldn't abandon him over this, and just wanted to be practical.

I also love the parts about Yondu in this. He and Peter had such a complicated relationship (I have a lot of feels over Volume 2, okay?), and I think you portrayed that balance beautifully here. Yondu probably didn't always verbally treat Peter right, and I can see him making Peter feel bad for his illness and mocking over it, but at the same time, he always protected and looked out for him, and taught him how to protect and defend himself, so him giving him the mask to help him breathe during an attack and reproducing his inhaler medication into it sounds like the kind of thing he would do. Very nice.

Also this line by Rocket makes me laugh every time. "Let me get this straight. You suddenly CAN'T breathe, just because?" I mean, when you put it that way, damn, nature really does suck. :P

Great job! Favorited!~
AlphaWolf chapter 1 . 6/3
That was so awesome! You should do another chapter with another scene where he has an asma attack and his mask is missing, but the attack isn't bad enough for Peter to die, and all his teamates are freaking out.
NiniNeko chapter 1 . 5/24
it is so true... I HATE asthma. I mean my kid[neice] had to have a lung transfer and it was expensive AF
boop chapter 1 . 5/15
cute
Jaycie Victory chapter 1 . 5/15
The characterisation in this was jus You got their voices down pat. Great work.
PharmTech chapter 1 . 5/10
Loved it! Very well written and the characters were just as they should have been! Thank you so much for posting!
I read this years ago and loved it then as I do now. But this time around all I could think about was if Peter got his water lol.
KawaiiKitsuneGirl chapter 1 . 4/17
Reviews are love? I shall give my love to this story

Peter whump is amazing, and this was just too damn cute :D great story hon
Ai chapter 1 . 4/3
Ahhhhhhhh how wonderful! I love this, well done!
12-Midnight Star-99 chapter 1 . 3/14
It's a pretty good story, only an asthma attack causes a person to struggle to breath out, no in. VCD (vocal chord dysfunction) is what causes difficulty breathing in, it's a common misconception though, a lot of doctors misdiagnose it, and some don't even know what it is. I have VCD, and for awhile thought it was asthma, so I get the mistake. p
But still a good story, :)
This is a very very good story! You did make a small factual error though. Due to the size of CO2 compared to O2, the swelling of the airways during an asthma attack causes the CO2 in the lungs to get trapped inside the lungs. The O2 is small enough to flow in, but CO2 cannot come out, causing the lungs to overfill. An asthmatic would have already died before any hypoxia (blueness) would show, because the blueness is caused by the blood being low in oxygen, not the lungs not taking in enough of it. This is a common misconception though which I am only aware of because my dad is a polmanologist and I am asthmatic myself, and otherwise this story is awesome! Great job!