Reviews for Private Conflict
anncathrinskywalker chapter 15 . 8/15/2016
Chapt 11 uh-oh. Gina forgetting where she put her shirt is too much chlicheé for me. However, the guard's threat is convincing, yet not too blunt. - You adjusted the language of an aggressive bandit; most authors skip that. Serves the atmosphere a great deal.
Chpt 12 I like the I'll-do-what-is-necessary-approach to Jevail by Riker, who's not diplomatic on the inside, but handles the situation quite well.
Chpt 13 "Taking great pride and pleasure" - the older guard not being "morally and ethically advanced" than the younger one - good :D
Markeil trading his teasing and threat for proper care is vivid and colourful, and Datas last sentence is great.
Chpt 14 Gets a bit too fluffy for my taste in the first third. Their dialogue is really, really good. Refraining from gross violence makes the character more complicated than I expected, I like that.
Chpt 15 Gina's honesty in her current situation is likeable... yet not of great strategic value. - You're really good at dialogues.

I'll do the rest till Friday.
anncathrinskywalker chapter 10 . 8/15/2016
Chpt 6 seems like a significant change in Dats's perception of himself, especially in comparison to other officers, not including himself in a group of officers. The emphasis on status - seeing himself as a Lieutenant Commander who could force himself upon her - strikes me rather odd. Yet the emotionsless acknowledgement of her resentment against him as a machine makes it up.
Chpt 7 I like that one. nice amount of chaos and (unpleasant) surprises in a daily routine. imposes credible and realistic to me.
Chpt 8 'always the voice of reason' - great :D
Chpt 9 now that's much more like Data is protrayed in the series. at prospect of hurting someone he is sober, goes on step-by-step, asking permission if that's what Gina really wants. No disgust at the violence or hesitation. then he's charming me off my feet, based on pure logic, of course. - Storyline is great as well, they adapt to their sorroundings with just right amount of description. You ARE remarkably deep into Greek Mythology.
Chpt 10 much more like Riker to admit his cluelessness. ... anyway, what happened to Picard?
anncathrinskywalker chapter 5 . 8/15/2016
Chpt 2 I like Rikeropposing Picard's course of action. Hope you go into details with Barclay.
Chpt 3 try to let the meaning rise from your protagonist's actions... 'displaying authority and maintaining order' is rather an effect than a cause. Happens on another level, you see? Troi's remark is nice.
Chpt 4 Picard admitting to be nervous seems rather off-canon to me. Matter of taste; if you want to characterize him a bit more 'approachable' than he is portrayed in the series, well done. They are reminiscing a lot, aren't they?
Chpt 5 great intrduction of the characters, atmospheric situation. leaves room for imagination about how the soldier got hurt. Characters are independent, in oppposition to their situation - makes them seem very much 'alive'. puzzles me personally... Attica thinks in terms of 'types' of people one time, then in categories('too weak' strong).
Kiras insomnia, their closeness really got to me. I like the family story; most OC characters are regrettably flat.
Gorgeous! irony: Attica has a depressive personality (Riemann), and Kira IS the depressed one.
anncathrinskywalker chapter 1 . 8/15/2016
nice touch, using names from Greek mythology; supports the atmosphere.
James Birdsong chapter 28 . 7/28/2016
Excellent story
Red chapter 26 . 4/2/2015
Aww!
Red chapter 25 . 4/1/2015
PLEASE CONTINUE!
Red chapter 19 . 3/31/2015
When it mentioned Picard nearly squealed in joy, I put my head in my hands and whispered 'Oh my god, Picard!'
Red chapter 15 . 3/31/2015
At the end of this, my head was in my hands! Just because this was the sort of written conversation I do that with.
Red chapter 13 . 3/31/2015
Aww! :)
Red chapter 12 . 3/31/2015
Oooo! Bad guy alert!
Red chapter 10 . 3/30/2015
This broke the funniness of the story. Ok, my statement made me chuckle slightly, but I suppose every story needs an element of seriousness to it.
Red chapter 9 . 3/30/2015
I have no idea why, but this is getting funnier and funnier! Don't ask why, as I have stated why you shouldn't!
Red chapter 8 . 3/30/2015
'Oh god, Data!' was all I was saying throughout that chapter!
Red chapter 7 . 3/30/2015
All I can say is: Poor Doctor Crusher!