Reviews for The Wine Mistress
Juleezy chapter 4 . 8/1/2011
I read your profile about your fanfics. Even though I am disappointed, I do hope you somehow get to update this, even if it has been awhile. I really love the originality of this fanfic.
Lovely Lady chapter 4 . 10/7/2005
Great story so far! The decision with who ends up with who is up to you, but I love Cloud and Tifa! They were childhood friends, and although I have nothing against Aeris (although while I was playing the game, I was really glad to have gotten rid of her), they don't seem to connect as well as Tifa and Cloud. Tifa and Cloud knew each other for a long time, they seemed to have been through a lot together and their promise to each other when they were young was so cute! Update please!
VivaLaQueen chapter 4 . 8/5/2005
I will say Cloud and Tifa please! Please up date soon!
Dark Gunslinger chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
I've read this millions of times and yet I laugh and smile every time. This story is a classic with an extremly clever storyline that I adore. What saddens me is that it looks that this peice of art has been forgoten and what a shame.

This story brings Aeris in a whole new light and paints the picture of Tifa that I love. It gives the characters new meaning and style with new roles that they fit well.

I simply hope that this praise reaches you and you remember the tressure that was lost.

Bang! Bang!

Dark Gunslinger
Punch chapter 4 . 2/13/2005
Spetacular! You must keep writting! I demand it! I love the eworlfd you have created for the FF peeps to move through. I love the attitudes and order of ranks. I love the new outlook on Aeris and Tifa.I love the heat yet respect between them.

Keep it up!

Punch
Krisy chapter 4 . 4/21/2003
I really like this story so far, its soo interesting. :)

*cough*Tifus*cough* LOL, plz continue!
rokusan chapter 4 . 12/24/2002
Hey, there, Panda!

I was thrilled to read what you've written here; an obscure, voluptuous, nearly gothically classical bit of fiction.

The characters of Tifa and Aeris, and the relationship between them as you've established so far, is an incredibly enticing one- as well as their being Geisha-like women, which to me, creates a nearly mythological atmosphere.

It's a good thing that you've noted to add the extra depth to either female lead, to keep them from becoming heartless, well-paid prostitutes.. I wonder how they will develop, once the question of a _man_ comes into their lives.

As a last remark, referring to your comment after chapter 4, on the pairing-suggestive situation, I'd like to say that coupling Tifa to Count Strife might strike more interesting in the long run, because his innocence and uprightness strikes such a contrast with her cynicism and world-wiseness. If you couple him to Aeris, who you see already having doubts about her life, you might find that he interests her and captures her heart too easily. Now, the real challenge would be to write an Aeris and a Rufus who could start to grow a loving relationship.

So yeah, if it was me, I'd put Cloud and Tifa together. But then.. I might be biased.

There's my opinion. You're doing wonderfully, mind the spelling mistakes and grammar here and there -a good thing to remember in your case, is that you can only use one tense within a sentence. If you write one verb in past tense, remember to write the other (main) verbs in the same tense.

Alright, so much for the longest review I've left in a long time.. definitely continue and then finish this work. I'll be reading.
flowergirl 677 chapter 4 . 12/21/2002
OK! I have to hand it to ya, that was some good writin'. Love your style of writing and word selection, and the plot? Fabolous, absolutely original!

However, as an Aeris fan... First off, this is not a flame, flames are for cooking. _

-The fact that Tifa looks sluttier in the game than Aeris is purely false. Tifa, in fact, is more shy than Aeris (think about the Golden Saucer). Don't criticize her clothes; she really had no control over it (gah.. hentais..).

Are you implying that Aeris is "sluttier"? I'm not a big Tifa fan, but the way you "worded" that part just sounded... ? See, Aeris is a really cheery looking gal in the game, but think of her past and the life she bored in the game. Her openess and liking to Cloud wasn't a slutty intention. Her life might of been miserable, but she certainly held up a oscar winning facade to fool people about her tragic past. Going out with Cloud was one of the few things of happiness in her life. Not to mention that was one of the last things she did before she died. Her actions were merely innocent gestures, nothing more, so why be so shy with Cloud? You don't have to be shy to be innocent, too innocent to be shy. Sidenote: it is Aeris who is the mysterious one.

Gee, not the clearest of explanations, let's just hope I get my point across.

The story is great! But I still think the roles are reversed between the two leading ladies of ff7. Nonetheless, awesome writing and UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!
Guest chapter 4 . 12/20/2002
cloti!
Makoto Almasy - not signed in chapter 4 . 12/19/2002
Whoa so there's a change of partner. I had a really suspicious feeling

that was going to happen. So Cloud's now dancing with Aeris. And well

done for mentioning at the beginning of this chapter about Tifa. I know

exactly what you mean. I don't get how people can make her a true slut

just because of the way she dresses and oh I DO remember she is shy from

the game. Aeris did approach Cloud first and she did seem more talkative

than Tifa. It is quite a change for Aeris to be the seductive and sultry lady

here (makes a change from her innocent look O.O). Can't wait to see what

Rufus does :)
Katsuhito sage too lazy to sign in chapter 4 . 12/18/2002
Hey!

ooh cloud/aeris I think, how sweet!

Very nice twist on how you sort of hint possible pairing. Hm...I think Tifa should meet someone like...vincent, just as dark and most likely pessimistic as her. I can just picture him as a nobleman of some rank...(I dunno any LOL) Or maybe Sephiroth(Okay dont look at me crazy just yet!) He could be a military officer with a really important position who uh...needs an escort for a ball?

sorry I'm not as creative as you!

Well I can't wait for the next chapter!
Sunflower-chan chapter 4 . 12/18/2002
I loved Aeris' point of view :) Wonderfully written too, as usual
story in reverse chapter 4 . 12/17/2002
::hides her Aerith flag::

Um... I don't know what you mean... *angelic face* _

It's a neat plot though. I really can't wait to see what's happening.

The couple pairings, well, whatever fits the story goes. _
AnimeBunny chapter 4 . 12/17/2002
Oh wow i really liked the newest chapter, how aeris sees her life. ooooo hey i agree with soda-cola-pop, add zack and pair him with tifa! and aeris and cloud! lol well plz do add new chapter soon!
soda-cola-pop chapter 4 . 12/17/2002
_ Wah! _ I'm a big Tifa fan, but then I respect Aeris so much and this chapter strengthened that said respect. _

"Her rival, and deep within her, her only ally; Tifa was a mystery in a well-wrapped box. True she found her as a threat, but knowing that Tifa thought life as nothing more than a phase until death, she found a small connection of hate towards life, therefore found her as the only one who would understand her thoughts if she ever let them out."

Nice selection of words- and a nice revelation on how Aeris viewed her life and her being a Seductress. _

Hmm... I'm guessing that there would be another love triangle (like the one in the game) _ which isn't so bad... I just have a suggestion, I mean... _ would you please, please, please put Zack in your lovely piece of work? _ And do pair him up with Tifa (Aeris can have Cloud, as Aeris-Cloud fans would have it _)

Hehe... BUT you're the author. _ Do as you please. (But, yeah, if I can convince you... why not? _)

TC