Reviews for Chuck vs The Last Request
BrokenSky49 chapter 1 . 4/24/2016
Oh my gosh this was great.
Lonny J chapter 3 . 4/18/2016
Not the darkest I've read, but still... Might be the only one from the POV of an outside character. Very well done as always. One small thing, wouldn't Sarah really want whoever hired him?
P.J. Murphy chapter 3 . 4/12/2016
Very dark but certainly that would be how Sarah reacted. Powerful stuff.

And if RobM is reading this, I also ask you to create an account so I can thank you for reviews you give to my stories as well. Very introspective stuff. :-)
Rob M chapter 3 . 3/26/2016
I think what I liked best about this final chapter is the way it seemed to shift tones. When it starts off you cant help but enjoy the way Sarah is so casually bada-s. Shes just sitting there.."yeah, we'll get to that soon enough"

...then she talks about her birthday and the chapter gets a bit darker, a bit sadder

...and as things go on, the tone winds its way down like this until we realize just how much Sarah has lost. All she has left is this game of vengeance, and once thats over, she really will have nothing left...very effective storytelling

The only thing I think I might have changed was I probably would have ended it on Sarahs final line of "Lets get started", but thats a minor quibble...overall I really enjoyed this

(...sorry about the no account thing, Ive got to get on that, but youre very welcome, thanks for the great stories)
Guest chapter 1 . 3/25/2016
What about the person that put out the contract?
devious418 chapter 3 . 3/26/2016
Awesome story! Thank you so much for finishing it!
Nomadic Nerd chapter 3 . 3/25/2016
Wow! Just, WOW! Like many of your previous reviewers I tend to like my Charah on the fluffy side but you did an outstanding job of making us feel Sarah and Casey’s loss. I absolutely love Brickroads story that you reference here! When you return to writing, you do it with a bang!

I have the same dilemma as WvonB, enjoy isn’t the right word to describe my feelings on this story. Of course enjoyment isn’t really the purpose of a darker story is it? I love reading stories that draw real emotions out, and yours did that with as well written as it is. As sad as Chuck’s death was, seeing Sarah lose all the humanity she’d regained lost once again (and maybe forever this time) was even more heart wrenching. This was different than her reaction in ‘Third Phase’, this time she was calm, not an emotionless robot but she seems less frantic, almost at peace somehow. When Chuck was missing she appeared on the verge of an emotional breakdown. I guess knowing he’s gone for good took the frantic aspect away. Of course she’s had a year to deal with her feelings that we weren’t privy to so we really don’t know if she’s really as cool as she seems or if it’s just an act she’d putting for the assassin.

The mark of a really good story to me is if it makes me want to see more, and I absolutely would love to see an epilogue set one year from this one, just to see how Casey and Sarah the rest are doing. Have you read ‘Chuck vs Revenge’? Talk about heart wrenching!

Anyway, great job! Thank you so much for continuing to write Chuck stories. Now back to work on your Chuck vs Fulcrum sequel, lol!
Guest chapter 3 . 3/24/2016
Just the way I dream it or is it a nightmare, if someone ever were to hurt my family. Excellent job. Cheers, Tshadow
Guest chapter 2 . 3/24/2016
excellent 2 chapters. cheers, Tshadow
charahkids chapter 3 . 3/24/2016
WHEW...that was tense! I don't like Charah deaths, but this was the exception!

Thank you! Looking forward for the fluffy, gooey Charah! :D
uplink2 chapter 3 . 3/24/2016
Such a fantastic story. Dark, yes, sad most definitely, but it really captures the essence of Chuck and Sarah. He would have convinced her not to do it but without him she had lost her compass, he anchor, her soul.
Maybe she can redeem herself in her own eyes, as she will have difficulty realizing she had done what he didn't want her to do, and find some way to give her life meaning again. Otherwise she will likely end up the mysterious, lonely spinster at the end of a long dirt road who spent the rest of her life alone and empty.
WvonB chapter 3 . 3/24/2016
First of all, a very, very well written story. An incredibly dark story that will stick in your mind long after some of the fluff pieces have come and gone.
I found her musings about the baby that wasn't to be especially poignant. You can feel her pain about only needing another month, but at the same time she must realize how much time had been wasted, opportunities thrown away.
Would having the reminder of Chuck in a child saved our assassin? Probably not, but it may have motivated her to do it quickly, not in the fashion so cruelly carried out in this tale.
The story is profoundly disturbing because we lost both of the characters we love so much. Sarah, Chuck's Sarah, died at the same moment he did. We're only left with Agent Walker, doomed to a life with no chance of any personal happiness, a life hardly worth continuing. A return to the fundamentally empty life she had before meeting him, but now much worse off having experienced what she did with him.
Did I enjoy reading it? If we accept the literal meaning of "enjoy", the answer is of course, no. However, I've already read it over three times and will probably do so again.
But right now I either need to read or write something a little more hopeful, more cheerful.
Great work. Looking forward to your next piece.
James Mowery chapter 3 . 3/24/2016
I don't really know how to start. That journeyed to a place beyond sadness. It reminded me of Elizabeth Barrett-Browning"s poem "Grief", how really deep sadness has no tears, no wailing, no showy demonstration, just silence and paralysis. Your story makes it impossible to escape the feeling that the solitary tear she wipes away at the end is her last tear just as her laugh afterward is her last laugh.

The line I dreaded most was, "But to be honest, you were starting to bore me." It was like reading the first line of a suicide note. That is when you let us know that the anger that propelled her, that kept her from being the statue from the poem that sat for eternity in wordless woe was almost gone.

The assassin character was well executed not just for the way you had him express himself but for his limitations. You made him clever but not very smart and that saw him undone. It compounded the sadness and horror the way you had him miss the point of Sarah's entire exercise, murder is the most intimate of acts and that his bullet killed more people than Chuck. "It wasn't personal." Yeah right! He adds the last necessary accelerate to the the dying embers of her anger and immolates himself. Now that was justice!

I'm not up for full on black dysphoric joy often but when I'm channeling my inner moody Celt I've now got some place to go. So thank you for that. Also, thank you for a memorable story well and tastefully done!
tut1971 chapter 3 . 3/24/2016
I would have never guessed that a sub 5k story where the main character dies would engross me so but man you did it. This was a great tale. Her vengeance was beautifully and brilliantly dark. I love the fluff but I can appreciate good angst and this is some good stuff. Thanks for it.
Marc Vun Kannon chapter 3 . 3/24/2016
Truly brilliant. Even in the darkness you aim for the light. I can't imagine Sarah outliving the assassin by very long, with no Chuck in her world. Unless you give her an epilog, with Ellie and Clara to look after, or some other reason to live.
At one point, I was actually hoping that this story would go a bit longer, allow some of the other people harmed by this one action to get their licks in, but I started writing a chapter for Carina's reaction and found that I didn't like writing this level of darkness either, so I stopped. Funny thing is, in my version he also starts with a new identity, drives for miles, pays cash, and she was there waiting for him.
I don't know if you've ever given a timeframe for this, but the reference to a child makes me wonder if this is post-S5 or completely AU.
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »