Reviews for The Legend of the Sun and Moon
Tithenannisss chapter 1 . 12/17/2010
I was looking for a Tilion&Arien fanfic so long!

Thank you. You made me cry.

This... this story is... Oh god.

I love you so much because of this.
Evenstar Elanor chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
Brava again.

Such a poignant, beautifully-told tale.

My own view of their tale is that Tilion sought Arien, but she did not love him in return, but this is beautiful indeed, and gives me something to think about.
Thalia Weaver chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
I am...speechless with joy, sadness, and delight over finding such a bittersweet and beautiful story.

This is beyond doubt one of the best, most creative Silmfics I've ever read. I enjoyed it immensely and am equally deeply impressed. Kudos to you! *j'adore*

-Thalia Weaver, author of LotR fan fiction that is mediocre at best
Maia1 chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Thank you.
Ithilwen too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 11/18/2002
What a lovely little fable! I particularly like the way you chose to tell it from the point of view of the Teleri, who were certainly in bad need of comfort and hope following the terrible events of Alqualonde. All we ever hear of the Sun and Moon in the Silmarillion is from the point of view of the exiled Noldor - yet surely the coming of these two lights was of great importance to the Teleri (and the Vanyar) who remained in the darkened lands of Aman as well. And it makes sense that the Elves of Aman would have known the two Maiar who were chosen to be the bearers of the new lights - and yet Tolkien never so much as hints at that, much less suggests what might have motivated those Maiar to take up the task. It's a lovely little piece of gapfilling, in addition to being just the sort of "fairy-tale" the Elves would undoubtably tell.
Finch chapter 1 . 11/16/2002
Perhaps this is heresy, but I like this story about Tilion and Arien better than Tolkien's own. The description of the brief moments when they are one does indeed ring like an ancient fairy/folk tale. This is touching on a very deep level, and has the simplicity of truth.
Mouse chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
A very sweet story, and seems very much like a legend that would be passed down to Elf-children.
PinkMartini chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
Very well written. I applaud thee. Huppy birfday Cirdan! ;)
Cirdan chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
I would never have thought to associate Tilion with the Teleri, but once done, it made for wonderful interactions with Arien and her ties to the Noldor. Oh, and the extra one-line tidbit that even Feanor called Arien friend. That says a lot, especially for the later parts of the legend after the Darkening of Valinor and the Kinslaying at Alqualonde.

You also did a wonderful job of creating the characters of Tilion and Arien. Tilion's very much the kind of guy I would like, strong but willing to doubt himself. And Arien is wonderful in her self-assurance and fiery ways. They're sweet together. :)

Thanks a lot for the story!
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
To say the truth, I have always been kind of fascinated with the story of Tilion and Arien, and here I found a moving and very believable "fairy" version of the tale. Thank you for the good time Ive had reading it.
JastaElf chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
Oh, Deborah, that was just beautiful. A lovely tale, beautifully told!

I love the lyrical, singing language that you use to describe your imagery. I can just about hear this being sung to little Elflings and their equally-enthralled parents... just a beautiful piece of work!

And happy birthday, Cirdan!
WatcherChild chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
A wonderful narration! I can almost imagine it being told to a group of wide-eyed children.
Soledad chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
That's a lovely one! You matched the storytelling voice excellently, and the relationships of Aerien and Tilion with each other and with all the other people are very convincing.

Ah, and happy birthday, Cirdan!
Staggering Wood-Elf chapter 1 . 11/15/2002
I second that. I love the legendary feel to this story, and the end was simply lovely. Can Cirdan have his birthday more often, please? It has produced some great fics!
Altariel chapter 1 . 11/15/2002