Reviews for Never Give up
Oakshaden chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
That was so sweet!
Lonesome-Writer chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
I wish there were more Ranma-X-Herb stories out there. It is one of my favorite plots...
AnAncientBard chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
10/10
aki chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Once again some asshole tries to sell a fic on a false premise. How would you like it if I wrote Ranma 1/2 on a book and inside there where nothing but pictures of different kinds of liquid crystal displays and information about how they work?
Violet Shadows chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
I don't know why, but for some reason Herb is my favorite Ranma character and I've never even seen the episode he's in, so all in all, its nice to see a good piece about him.
Dumbledork chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
WOW. Great story.
Adeptis chapter 1 . 11/29/2007
interesting story.
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 6/17/2007
Excellent story!
ecchansama chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
Well written and with just that final touch that I felt was needed. The last two words are quite possibly half the story. People truly change over time.

This is a good oneshot, I just wonder how a story binding the "locking" and this moment would look like (if written by you).
Ace A chapter 1 . 5/8/2005
Ranma actually asking for the ladle rather than attempting a dramatic smash and grab seems to me the greatest indicator that Ranma has changed from the sixteen year old on Mt. Horaisan.

As another reviewer mentioned, seeing Herb locked too was definitely a novel move. Very rare to see that in continuation or divergence fics.

Good piece. I just wish you'd eventually get around to writing a long fic.

Ace A
a chapter 1 . 11/4/2004
after reading on of your other story i decide to check out you other and have to say this is really intersting. i do have to agree with avmorgan27 about the story could be expanded, but considering you wrote this two years ago i doubt that going to happen. but i did enjoyed reading this.
Final-Fan chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
I disagree.

Excellent story.
Saggit chapter 1 . 3/19/2003
Essentially a single encounter, and a well-written one, at that. I would have preferred hearing a bit of Ranma's internal reflections, but that's not a fault or virtue; merely a personal preference that was clearly not your intent. Good job.
John Carter chapter 1 . 11/16/2002
Now this is a different approach to the 'Ranma get's locked in his cursed form' plot. Also, having Herb in the same boat was pure genius. I always thought that Herb would be a good character to reintroduce, since he does sound like a semi decent fellow, if you get past his arrogance, something Ranma managed to do by saving his life.

I always though of Herb as a parallell of Ranma anyway.

Please, try to make this a series if you can.
avmorgan chapter 1 . 11/16/2002
Wow.

In itself, a very nice story. In it's implications the basis for a very, very interesting epic. Sixteen years. There have been fics that have diverted at that point, leaving Ranma stuck as a girl. I don't recall any that left both of them cursed, and this one raises lots of questions, such as, did Mousse and Ryouga lock their curses as in the manga? Are they stuck as a duck and a pig? Who is the father of Ranma's child, and what did they go through before deciding it was best for that child to not grow up with Ranma's curse? What happened in the years between? How did things fall apart, and how did Ranma survive the loss of everything?

I like this fic, because it brings up so many questions, offers so much room for thought, scope for the imagination. Both before and after what it portrays. Moving on from that, I enjoyed the skill with which it was written, building on hints and expectations, such that one guesses, but hesitates to believe those guesses until more is learned. The greatest strength is developed in the negative space around the words, what is gradually understood beyond what is said. You get it at the end, the full picture, and it's wonderful. Very mature writing. Well done!