Reviews for The King of Practical Wisdom
Guest chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
I love that kiss description. Just started watching Gilmore Girls and omg I love Luke. This fic is so sweet and such a lovely look into his head.
UA chapter 1 . 1/1/2014
I so miss Gilmore Girls.

It was such glorious fun.

At least I have my DVDs and fanfic.

Love your story.
Katelai chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
Wow this was fantastic!

This was such a revelation:

There are mornings when he almost blurts it out: I'd be good for you.

She lives like a teenager whose parents are away for the week-end, gorging on movies and junk food, making eyes at all the wrong men.

"Someday, you're gonna regret this," he says instead, shaking the coffee pot. Lorelai's never wanted what was good for her.

Someone recommended you this week in the TWoP forum, glad I picked this one up, loved it! :D
Miguel51 chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
That was pretty damn good.

Well done.
permanently temporary chapter 1 . 12/30/2006
it's been what? four years since you wrote this? how did I miss it? amazing, i really have no other words to say. loved the rory and jess and that you didn't completely focus on them. you capture the entire essence of gilmore girls. congratulations, not many people can do that.

Bailey
oshgpoehrm chapter 1 . 4/19/2006
I think this may be my favourite Gilmore Girls story ever. It should be required reading for all GG fans and fic-writers. The ending is so perfect, and not that annoying, sickly-sweet happily ever after ending that makes me want to write angsty-break-up fic after angsty-breakup-fic just so I can stay sane. I LOVE this because it's real. It's beautifully written, you've made Luke so true to character, and Lorelai as well. God, this is great. The story is sheer brilliance and the ending is bittersweet, and it's angsty without involving a life-threatening disease or break-up. I worship this, and you. Wow. Seriously, you are a genius for this.
dragonofash chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
This was an excellent take on the Luke/Lorelai relationship. In a nonidyllic world where the stoic average joe gets the fairytale princess because they "were meant to be", this is how Luke's life would play out. Excellent story!
punkcatwitissues chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
This is your 55th review, so you already know how brilliant you are. However, just for the heck of it, I'll tell you again. You're brilliant. This fic is brilliant. Welcome to my favorites list. :)
awin chapter 1 . 8/10/2004
Well-written & interesting, but actually quite depressing...
Snooboostoo chapter 1 . 7/24/2004
Good God that ending was sad, but then I always loved a good punch to the gut! Loved the story!
milkdrunk chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
If I reviewed this before, it was many moons and an 'anonymous' ago. I scribbled your name and this story's title on a scrap piece of paper after I first happened upon it. Whilst tidying up in the early afternoon, I found it all over again.

I've only ever seen the first two seasons of "Gilmore Girls" (and not every episode, at that). Yet I understand the nuances colouring _the_ relationship.

Your writing, this piece, is raw, barebones & existential. You knew precisely what you were doing: ergo, the title. Luke's practicality (not resignation, mind) bothers me. He needn't settle for less (than he can have). Oh, but he does-therein the gorgeous frustration of this tale you've adeptly spun.

Thank you. For every time I come back to this piece, I thank you. :)
Leni chapter 1 . 6/24/2004
If I had to mention all the way I liked this, I'd possibly never end. I love 'behind the scenes' fiction and I love 'stream of consciousness' fiction, them together plus a happy ending just makes my day. And the way you've portrayed Luke, Vctoria was right, love the Luke, you gotta love the Luke.

Thankyou, this one truly is my second fav in GG fiction. *hugs*
allthingsholy chapter 1 . 6/14/2004
I heart this story so thoroughly that it's insane. It's sad and lovely and beautiful and everything that the flipside of 'Luke and Lorelai delightful romance' should be.

It's amazing and fabulous and you, right now, completely rock my world.
Etana1 chapter 1 . 5/22/2004
Luke will likely always be my favourite character although I have yet to decide if it's because I want a man like Luke or I just really understand what it means to be someone like Luke. You have sculpted him beautifully and for that I thank you.
Caitlin chapter 1 . 5/21/2004
This is a really beautiful piece of writing. Found it in corngirl_jo's reccs. It's a bittersweet L/L, but it's probably my most favoritest, too. Thanks for sharing! )