Reviews for Until The End: Dormant
rebirth-flame chapter 8 . 9/10/2015
...I'm both curious and scared to find out what actually happened following the event of Chayla's birth. The vision Ellone and Irvine saw of Squall and Rinoa's last moment is creepy as heck, and then here you introduced yet another mystery in the form of Odin. I think I said this in my previous (unsigned) review: this is mindblowing and makes me dizzy, in a good way. Oh and I just realized you put this as a tragedy, so I need to prepare my heart. As if this isn't sad enough. Oh well...

I'm not fond of OCs who somehow get into the spotlight, but you write yours so well that it feels natural having them among the main casts. Great job!

I have a bad habit of play-guessing plot for stories I like, so here's my thought-
After reading this chapter I get the feeling that maybe Rinoa was pregnant with twins. Adel's sorceress' power somehow went into one of the fetus, and it grows in her womb. The baby then somehow 'consumed' the other baby, resulting in one living baby and a stillborn (the skeleton Irvine and co found?). That might explain why Odin jumped into Squall's mind of all people, because he felt traces of Adel's power on him, courtesy of Chayla...

Anyway, great chapter! I'm really looking forward for the next chapter, though like I mentioned before, I too am feeling scared of the revelations because really, this screams tragedy even without the relevant genre label...

I'm sorry for the long review, can't help myself XD
Strings805 chapter 8 . 9/10/2015
I don't want to say what I think is coming because spoilers, but, whoo! Whether what I think is going to happen is or isn't, great chapter none the less. I like that you're expanding on GF lore as well, that was always something I sort of glossed over and thought "Oh, right. FF8's summons." Not in this fic :D

I also really like how Alina's character is developing, as well as the short cameo by her sister. Oh, and Odin being a thing—awesome!
Strings805 chapter 7 . 9/6/2015
I finished chapter 5 a few months ago—maybe around February. This was one of the first stories I'd come across in the fandom, and I've waited on baited breath until you could continue it. This is one of the best tragedies I'd read in a long time—you manage to make us so invested in your OC's, and I'm glad you elaborated on Radeen's possible ancestors. No doubt now that it's been revealed that all of the families who were involved in excavating Lunatic Pandora were killed—except their daughters—that I have a much clearer idea of who all of the other people were back at the isolated castle in chapter 3. I can't wait to see Harren's role in trying to prevent the inevitable (his past efforts are certainly indicative of that,) and not to mention how it'll affect the rest of the original cast. I'm so excited for more, and so glad this story is continuing; can't wait! :D
phoe chapter 7 . 9/6/2015
Mindblowing... I can't describe it well enough. I get dizzy reading this (perhaps) because I was holding my breath reading it. Really, really well written scenes.

I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter
Nemi Almasy chapter 3 . 9/5/2015
Gosh I might leave a million comments tonight but I am really enjoying this! Sometimes fics that take place after the game kind of feel...like they don't fit but this really feels like it could be a genuine canon followup to the game, the reality of having a sorceress still in the world and what that would mean. It's just really well written AND really interesting
Nemi Almasy chapter 2 . 9/5/2015
Really stunning writing. The language you use paints such a vivid picture of everyone's reactions and emotions. I can't wait to read more!
LaylaEvercrest chapter 3 . 1/15/2015
So you are doing well in progressing the story line. That honestly is difficult for many to do. I really love the part about Laguna and how he admits he could have left Esthar but thousands of people needed him. A small but great insight to his guilt. I love all the parts with the other SeeDs in it. The way you have them written makes them so believable. The one thing I really struggle with is this other woman. She is a bit thin. I have no idea who is and why she really should matter. Pair that with very little mentioning of Rinoa from Squall (even if its only internally), its hard for me to accept Rinoa is gone and he has moved on enough for this girl to be there. She is teetering on the edge of stalker for me. I believe that you have a back story for her and I'd like to hear it! Take the criticism as it was intended and just keep it in mind going forward. Its hard to write for everyone!
LaylaEvercrest chapter 1 . 1/14/2015
Hmmm, nice first chapter. You've done well to establish enough of a plot right away to hook the reader. Good job!
Kirinthor chapter 6 . 1/14/2015
Another great chapter :)' poor old squall, cant wait to see what happens next
Kirinthor chapter 5 . 1/11/2015
Ireally intersting stuff. Keep it up :)
Guest chapter 4 . 11/30/2014