Reviews for Reflections in the Dark
alliwantisanelfforchristmas chapter 1 . 12/25/2002
Very touching! The bond between Legolas and Gimli is one of the most fantastic things about LOTR. The story of how two totally opposite personalities can overcome all odds and care for each other is what life is really all about. This story shows the deepness of the friendship between the elf and dwarf that many miss.

Would that we all had a friend like either one of them, there in good times and bad.
tineryn chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
very sweet... if you haven't noticed, there are no updates on any other stories i am reading, so i am leafing through your profile. anyhow, i am not a big gimli fan, but he grows on you a little bc of his friendship with legolas. well done.
annakas chapter 1 . 12/18/2002
*sniff* this was so beautiful.
joyjoy chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
...Wow. Just wow. I can't believe how well you write these guys. You can get into their heads like no one else. (Aside form their creator Tolkien of course!) You're spot on with everything, and the bit about Legolas' singing was absolutly touching. I don't know how someone cannot love these two, after reading them in a story by you. You write them exactly as they should be. Just perfect, once again.
Conn JS1 chapter 1 . 12/6/2002
Oh wow!

Starting by the perfectly fitting title until the sweet last statement an amazing story, well written, threatning but moving, worring me, but making me smile. Very very touching!
Nuraeariel chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
This is fantastic! I love how you show the friendship between the two. I also enjoyed Gimli's train of thoughts because it was believable and *strangely* similar to ones of my own in similar circumstances. :) I look forward to your sequels for "While the Ring Went South"! Yay! :)
Nimue I Am chapter 1 . 11/23/2002
"Perhaps that was why he had felt so forlorn in the blackness of the caves. He was no longer used to being alone when darkness pressed close."

I think that's exactly why, Gimli.

Wonderful story, Thundera. I love to listen to Gimli muse, though it is slightly painful to listen to him muse alone and hurt in the dark. There are so many little bits of his thoughts that touched me that I couldn't begin to list them all. Suffice to say that this was a nice slice of fanfiction which captured more of their friendship in that perfect way you have of doing it.

(And dwarves do so giggle. They would just never admit to it. Who would?)
Arwen4 chapter 1 . 11/22/2002
Very well written. You nearly had me in tears at the end, but not quite. Not many people can write the friendship between Gimli and Legolas properly, but you are gifted. Many thanks.

bryn bnw chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
I have joined "Reviewers Anonymous." The first step is to admit I am a lurker...

This was such a touching vignette. You have a special knack for shedding light on the intricate relationships of the Fellowship-particularly that of Legolas and Gimli.

You dive straight into their bond, complete with all its strength and quirks. Most heartwarming, though, is how they do not question the friendship itself. Gimli ponders how he and Legolas have changed, or what regrets each might hold in regards to outsider reaction, but not once does Gimli question whether or not he should have befriended Legolas. The thought simply does not cross his mind.

Your ending was gorgeous. They have an unspoken bond between them that transcends words. :) It makes leaves the reader in tears and smiling at the same time.
Ranger ari chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
WOW is all that describes this fic. You really got into Gimli's head completely, something extremely difficult to do in my opinion. The friendship between Legolas and Gimli was amazing. PLease write more like this!
Littlefish chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
Thundera Tiger strikes again! Wonderful, wonderful job! I almost didn't find this story, and it really would have been a loss if I hadn't! Next time, if you decide to just whip up a little story during a boring class, you had better let us know so we can read it right away! :)

I really liked this story. I love stories that touch upon friendship-especially between a certain elf and dwarf-and you are capable of writing these types of scenes so well. NOt many people can sneak into the mind of Gimli and so openly display his thoughts for everyone to see. He is trapped, hurt, and his mind is beginning to wander. His mind turns to the things which are most important to him, including thoughts of Legolas. I especially liked the section where he decides that his greatest regret is not being able to hear Legolas sing again! Perfect! Need I say more!

Legolas' reaction when Gimli finally comes around also perfect. He is scared for his friend, and not liking it at all. So, to cover his feelings, he gets a bit snippy. Great characterization here.

The end scene with Legolas singing Gimli to sleep has now taken the number one spot on my favorite scenes list. I don't think it will be uprooted any time soon, either. Short, sweet, and just plain wonderful! This story is definitely going on my favorites list. Great job once more!
SW chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
This, I have to say, is my favourite phrase of all:

'Eomer snickered, Aragorn chuckled, Faramir chortled, Imrahil had a strange, breathy laugh that was usually preceded by a snort and could almost be classified as a giggle, and as for Legolas…well, Legolas giggled. '

Wonderfully written! And that, I have to say, is the best praise coming from me! heheheeh!
Lauren chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
Beautiful story! I loved it! Your writing never ceases to amaze me. Keep up the wonderful work!
Guardgirl12 chapter 1 . 11/18/2002
Oh yeah! This was really a great story. I was wondering why you hadn't updated anything for a while and then I was like...Maybe she has a new story! So I checked and yea!

This was really and excellent story. I was really worried about Gimli for a while, but I just kept telling myself that he can't die! Not from a cave-in especially!

You really got into the dwarf's head for this one though. Wow. It was interesting to hear your take on the changing relationships between the fathers and sons in this story. But, I think my favorite point had to be when Gimli analized how Legolas and he have changed since they became friends. That was really classic.

And Gimli's regret list was really great! Bringing Galadriel into this story a bit really added something. But the singing. Wow, that was really sweet and unexpected. I am sure that gimli complains about his friend's singing whenever he has the opportunity, but for him to regret not being able to hear it again...that was just amazing.

Other than that I don't have much else to say about the story. It was just really heartwarming, and I can't wait until you update again! Thanks so much for brightening my day!
Sylvia1 chapter 1 . 11/18/2002
Oh, this was truly a sweet story to read! This is one of those fics that I'll probably end up reading again and again, simply for the pure friendship shown. I love this aspect of Legolas and Gimli, after all the battles and arguements, it is their friendship that seems to always speak volumes about their true actions. They sacrifice so much for their friendship, and it is truly admirable.

Thank you for portraying this so well. Gimli's request at the end of the story is so fitting. It just left me with such a warm and fuzzy feeling at the end. I do hope you write more of these!

83 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »