Reviews for The Rising of Merlin
Ok that feels like a heccin Twilight moment XDDD
I'm so sorry but I cracked up at the last part because of that
(Not that that's a bad thing. Quite the opposite)
Silent Evanescence chapter 16 . 12/25/2017
I don't think I much care for this Merlin. He breaks down crying like every chapter. It doesn't feel at all like a 1400 year old warlock.
Merlin 2001 chapter 55 . 10/20/2017
'You don't even have a sword'
'I don't need one'
Killua Lawliet chapter 19 . 6/19/2017
Shouldn't Merlin's magic react to the dark magic in the curse on Dumbledore like it did Malfoy?
Killua Lawliet chapter 8 . 6/19/2017
Watching Merlin S1E1 in the background and literally at the exact moment that Merlin said I can't quite put my finger on it about the twins Arthur said the same to Merlin and I'm just like OMG OMG OMG coincidence I think not
Superman103174 chapter 57 . 6/3/2017
Excellent. Much better version than the original
Jupitere chapter 40 . 5/29/2017
TWILIGHT!? NOOOOOOOOOOO! F THAT! I'M TEAM F'IN LEO VALDEZ!
Jupitere chapter 36 . 5/28/2017
Colin Morgan and Alexander Vlahos (Mordred) I just can't decide!
Jupitere chapter 34 . 5/28/2017
Denmark! we won the olympics! yay!
Jupitere chapter 33 . 5/28/2017
... Harry Potter... or was it 'The Prophecy of the three Stones'? meh... i'm still in HP
Jupitere chapter 17 . 5/17/2017
umm... no I'm not. we have one in our house, and I have used for as long as I can remember. too bad it runs out of battery so fast though :'(
Jupitere chapter 1 . 5/11/2017
LET ME GUESS: the chapter titles are inspired by episode names from FRIENDS?
Hyperjade chapter 56 . 4/18/2017
I'm not entirely certain what to think of this ending. Obviously, Merlin deserved a happy ending. Whether or not bringing Morgana back made sense, it would have been the ending Merlin had earned for all his hard work, and I would have taken any amount of rule breaking with a smile if that could happen. It would have opened the door for Arthur and his sister to bond again and bring the group into one big happy family.

Morgana is in a lot of ways a victim story. And I LOVE that this story portrayed it as such. I've seen Merlin stories that portray Morgana as pure evil, a symbol of everything wrong with the world. And she deserved a lot better herself. And having watched the series myself, it feels wrong.

The first paragraph sounds like criticism, but it's mostly born from emotions. Being generally a sap, I like my stories to have a happy ending, and get less enjoyment when that doesn't happen. But if I do have a legitimate complaint, it's that I didn't know much of a reason for Jon and the others to exist. The first scene that he appeared in was very important, because it solidified that Merlin coped with immortality in a certain way. The rest of them didn't seem like all that much, with exception of finding someone to ship Hermione with without putting her and Arthur together. After they were established to exist, afterwards, their contributions were minimal, frankly.

Overall, though, this was an excellently written story. Aside from some forced relationships and relationship related jokes that got old, I believed all the emotion conveyed in the story.

My other complaint I can say with a smile: Why didn't you take the time to have Arthur react to stuff? Like, having a car start near him and him thinking the thing's alive, or the train, or other pieces of technology that should freak him out. It would have been an excellent source of levity.
Samantha2611 chapter 56 . 4/15/2017
I'm actually crying that was beautiful and amazing and I admire your dedication and skill so much. The ending was heartbreaking and perfect and horrible and brilliant so I hope you don't mind if I hate you for just a little while.
Omgs that was just so good and I...I feel so sorry for Merlin and so happy for hima nd I just-ergh. It was amazing and I can't express the feels properly.
You wrapped it up superbly. :D 3 :D
Killua Lawliet chapter 1 . 4/11/2017
small note u might want to mark this completed