Reviews for The Ash Connection II: The Rising
Pokemaster06 chapter 1 . 7/28
Please don't tell me you're Marie Lu, are you?
F for Serena
Nice to see silver. Also love the effort you put into writing down that course syllabus.
What a start!
JellyLollie chapter 22 . 10/18/2020
okay, two sentences down, and winona says he was a e4 before. disregard previous ramblings. thank you
JellyLollie chapter 22 . 10/18/2020
hi. you don't have to answer me, but I was thinking about something... part of the problem of iris' nomination is that she was just a gym leader before becoming champion... what about wallace? wasn't he a gym leader before steven stepped down? or being a top coordinator (and being known in the coordinating circuit) doesn't give him the same problem? okay, now that I think about it, I guess it makes sense. Wallace had a name for himself and a unquestionable reputation to back him up unlike iris. okay. thanks for your time and sorry for disturbing you, lu. hope you're doing well
Guest chapter 1 . 9/24/2020
Really amazing work, the whole series has probably been the best fan fiction of any kind I’ve ever read. Great writing, great character development (no character feels neglected or secondary), really phenomenal all around.

Loved Everything Else as well, can’t wait for The Ash Connection III! Keep up the great work!
Stoner63reflex chapter 32 . 6/2/2020
This is a nice "real world" or "modern" society look on pokemon I will admit, although I feel as if you get a little too detailed, not that that's a bad thing but a little too much exposition gets a little annoying, still this story is well written and your writing skills are definitely pro, but I expect no less from a teacher lol. It's just not the kind of thing for me though, I prefer the more "simplistic" view on pokemon with more action in it. I like seriousness don't get me wrong but I like it without the angst and the bullshit, I just hate in stories where everyone is all depressed and bringing people down with them instead of breaking through and moving on. Your not gonna get any better just moping around. That's why the manga is the best imo because it's more mature and is an uncensored version of pokemon but even when shit hits the fan the characters are still humorous and lighthearted about it. I guess I'm just more of a rational kind of guy I don't take things seriously even when it's a big deal, simply because it is what it is. That's another reason dragon ball is so good because even in the toughest situations they find a way to laugh about it. Either way though great fic and can't wait to see what the third will be like. Hopefully the gang are all married and getting on with their lives but only time will tell.
C'sMelody chapter 32 . 5/29/2020
So I suck and I didn't write a review for every single chapter. I was so caught up in the story that I just wanted to know what came next. It's both ironic and amazing that I decided to read this during quarantine, eh.

But back to you. Man, what a ride. I didn't read this one right after finishing TAC because I was still reeling from how good it was, so I needed some memory refreshers. But honestly, this is my new canon. Stories like this are the reason why I love fanfiction. The work and thought put into it are mesmerizing and I appreciate every single word. I especially love what you did with Leaf, Paul, Iris and Burgundy. Gary and Cilan were also great in this. I loved that last exchange between Gary and Leaf at the end of chapter 30. So precious. A part of me wanted a different ending for May, but I can't argue with your reasoning, and ultimately it was for the best.

There's a lot more things to say, but I'd be here all day. Just know that I loved it and am very grateful to you for writing it.
Poke07 chapter 32 . 3/8/2020
I enjoyed this story very much... Very nicely written... I don't know why I hadn't read this before... Though I wanted to ask this, are you going to write a third installment in this series?
AgentBrian chapter 32 . 3/6/2020
Awesome. Mind blowing! Care to tell when the trilogy is coming? I am waiting for it!
C'sMelody chapter 2 . 2/29/2020
The tenderness between Iris and Cilan is EVERYTHING. I love how you portray them, and the sharp contrast with Paul and Dawn's seemingly distant and cold relationship (can't wait to get into that. I've so loved your Paul thus far).
There's also Drew getting that big job and his father's name still haunting him everywhere he goes. I have a feeling it'll come to bite him.
I also loved Leaf being all business but still bickering with Gary. Still, Trip is definitely the hero of the day! He got that shot and prevented a murder. Talk about successful.
And I especially like that you gave Iris less than ideal circumstances to deal with. Tensions are definitely high and I can't wait to see how the team is going to deal with it and maybe (probably) Team Plasma. Besides, who knows what Silver is up to now?
C'sMelody chapter 1 . 2/29/2020
I told myself I would leave you a big fat review at the end of TAC to show just how much I loved it and appreciated the work you'd put into it, but I suck, so I'm not waiting until I get to the last chapter this time!

This prologue sets the tone really nicely. It shows us just enough about how everyone's doing without going into much detail and being info-dumpy, and there's already quite a nice amount of foreshadowing! I just know I'm going to love this. Thanks in advance for making my days better. ;)
Rustyflyer chapter 1 . 1/2/2020
Wow, this was an amazing story. You have a way with words. I love the messages you convey. The conversation of Barry and iris over the phone and Zoey with Paul. You tackle real world problems that reads can relate too. This has been one of the best things I’ve read. I pray even thou it’s been some time, that in the new decade we get to see the last installment. Thank you all for the wonderful work.
JellyLollie chapter 20 . 10/5/2019
I'm really really physically and emotionally drained right now. Made the mistake of reading TAC again...Tears started when Barry and Iris were talking on the phone. More tears during Iris' speech about the children's deaths being on her... Now imy crying in public. Good thing I brought my sunglasses
1,018 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »