Reviews for The Ash Connection II: The Rising
I really like how you write Ash and Misty's relationship. I hope you write some other works featuring them too.
TAC 1 and 2 are the most beautiful Pokemon fanfictions I have ever read and nothing on this site even comes close to it in terms of plot, characterisation, development and depiction of relationships, the characters backstories and humour. It is so very well written. Thank you for writing this and I hope you will be back soon with the third part of this amazing story.
champion lyra chapter 32 . 2/17
gosh i did not expect to get nearly as emotional as i did revisiting this. fun fact: when you were publishing this, i would look at your tumblr all the time to see everyone's reactions. my then-boyfriend (now husband! crazy!) still remembers the night you brutally killed paul's torterra and made me cry and brings it up from time to time - especially your "woman laughing eating salad" reactions.
anyways, for real, this series will always hold such a special place in my heart. thank you for the time, effort, energy, and love you poured into this.
JellyLollie chapter 5 . 12/16/2021
so. 86th time reading tac or whatever. I know this is kinda irrelevant but I have questions. I don't expect you to answer, it's just that the more I read the series, more details I spot. since the PIA evaluates gyms and other pokemon related things, would they also check contest halls and stuff? if drewco are bringing contests to Unova, the PIA would be involved at some point. Contesta could take care of that when things become more consolidated, like before you open a new hall or sth. but even when it comes to the Don George events, shouldn't the PIA be notified? like, sure, the battle tournaments are okay but shouldn't you need a different "permit" to throw a contest there? I think it would be nice to have it at least mentioned somewhere, you know? maybe drew wouldn't know about it but maybe May or Barry would because they're league kids. and someone would throw a "btw, the PIA was contacted. we're legal." or maybe have the PIA send some representatives to make the safety check-ins during the contest in Nimbasa. it's cool how characters check with the PIA on different occasions, I think I just wish I could see more of it. it looks like a very interesting organization and I'd love to see other characters interacting with it.
Pokemaster06 chapter 1 . 7/28/2021
Please don't tell me you're Marie Lu, are you?
Guest chapter 5 . 5/23/2021
F for Serena
Guest chapter 3 . 5/22/2021
Nice to see silver. Also love the effort you put into writing down that course syllabus.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/21/2021
What a start!
JellyLollie chapter 22 . 10/18/2020
okay, two sentences down, and winona says he was a e4 before. disregard previous ramblings. thank you
JellyLollie chapter 22 . 10/18/2020
hi. you don't have to answer me, but I was thinking about something... part of the problem of iris' nomination is that she was just a gym leader before becoming champion... what about wallace? wasn't he a gym leader before steven stepped down? or being a top coordinator (and being known in the coordinating circuit) doesn't give him the same problem? okay, now that I think about it, I guess it makes sense. Wallace had a name for himself and a unquestionable reputation to back him up unlike iris. okay. thanks for your time and sorry for disturbing you, lu. hope you're doing well
Guest chapter 1 . 9/24/2020
Really amazing work, the whole series has probably been the best fan fiction of any kind I’ve ever read. Great writing, great character development (no character feels neglected or secondary), really phenomenal all around.

Loved Everything Else as well, can’t wait for The Ash Connection III! Keep up the great work!
Stoner63reflex chapter 32 . 6/2/2020
This is a nice "real world" or "modern" society look on pokemon I will admit, although I feel as if you get a little too detailed, not that that's a bad thing but a little too much exposition gets a little annoying, still this story is well written and your writing skills are definitely pro, but I expect no less from a teacher lol. It's just not the kind of thing for me though, I prefer the more "simplistic" view on pokemon with more action in it. I like seriousness don't get me wrong but I like it without the angst and the bullshit, I just hate in stories where everyone is all depressed and bringing people down with them instead of breaking through and moving on. Your not gonna get any better just moping around. That's why the manga is the best imo because it's more mature and is an uncensored version of pokemon but even when shit hits the fan the characters are still humorous and lighthearted about it. I guess I'm just more of a rational kind of guy I don't take things seriously even when it's a big deal, simply because it is what it is. That's another reason dragon ball is so good because even in the toughest situations they find a way to laugh about it. Either way though great fic and can't wait to see what the third will be like. Hopefully the gang are all married and getting on with their lives but only time will tell.
C'sMelody chapter 32 . 5/29/2020
So I suck and I didn't write a review for every single chapter. I was so caught up in the story that I just wanted to know what came next. It's both ironic and amazing that I decided to read this during quarantine, eh.

But back to you. Man, what a ride. I didn't read this one right after finishing TAC because I was still reeling from how good it was, so I needed some memory refreshers. But honestly, this is my new canon. Stories like this are the reason why I love fanfiction. The work and thought put into it are mesmerizing and I appreciate every single word. I especially love what you did with Leaf, Paul, Iris and Burgundy. Gary and Cilan were also great in this. I loved that last exchange between Gary and Leaf at the end of chapter 30. So precious. A part of me wanted a different ending for May, but I can't argue with your reasoning, and ultimately it was for the best.

There's a lot more things to say, but I'd be here all day. Just know that I loved it and am very grateful to you for writing it.
Poke07 chapter 32 . 3/8/2020
I enjoyed this story very much... Very nicely written... I don't know why I hadn't read this before... Though I wanted to ask this, are you going to write a third installment in this series?
AgentBrian chapter 32 . 3/6/2020
Awesome. Mind blowing! Care to tell when the trilogy is coming? I am waiting for it!
1,022 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »