Reviews for Change
jWatson-Holmes chapter 1 . 8/7/2016
Oh my God, this is so cute. I really like your style of writing, and I agree that we need more Luigi Time. :D

Proud of this well-written fanfic, and Luigi! XD
Arctic-Starflowers chapter 1 . 3/13/2016
Yay! Luigi gets attention!
Katteilpawz chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
That went from angst to hysterics to awesome pretty welly:)
Luigified531 chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
This. Was. Glorious. I really enjoyed how you used Nintendo's recent appreciation of Luigi for character development and the like. I really really enjoyed your story! :D
Shana Hager chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
All right! Great explanation as to why the Negative Zone was replaced, and superb characterization. Plus, I'm glad it ended on a humorous note after all the angsty stuff. :)
-Shana H.
Sherlock's 2nd Blogger chapter 1 . 2/11/2015
*laughs into hands* oh my god I'm dying. "Suck it up!" The Poltergust! Oh my... Just... *laughs harder*
Sorry, my brain is just scrambled right now. :D
Anyway, that was amazing. I absolutely love Luigi, and though I do miss the Negative Zone (made for plenty of H/C ideas ;) ), I like your explaination. This made my night. :)
Now on to homework... Bleh.
VGS2 the sexy sausage chapter 1 . 1/8/2015
After having a bloody year of Luigi, you would indeed expect way more Luigi love on the site. But alas...
Oh well. At least he has people like you to care for him. I'll bet he appreciates that! :P

Jeez, you're certainly playing up that Negative Zone... and for good reason. It's one of those top-tier final smashes that everyone always dreads for the life of them. Unless CPU Luigi's used it, in which case, he'll just mostly spam fireballs. But yeah, otherwise... O,o

Goodness, those are some pretty horrible side-effects, for sure...
I love how much detail you went into when exploring his psyche during all of this, by the way. He really was having a messed up time, for sure.
Certainly can't help but feel sorry for the poor guy. You really know how to play up the dark side of someone's mind, y'know that? Especially when they're having dreams. Poor Weegee!

Huh, so this Luigi also counts as Paper Luigi, does he? Good to know. He had quite a messed up adventure that weekend, for sure. XP

Well, all in all, this certainly explains why Negative Zone is so bloody overpowered compared to the other final smashes then, that's for sure. Luigi's not been a very happy bunny...

Oh Master Hand... why did you have to be so unoriginal with your tournament naming, this year 'round? Gone are the days of "Yo man, wanna Brawl?" or "Wanna play some Melee?" Now we have to say "Yo man, wanna smash?". Yeah, time to dust off the ol' N64, I guess. Whoops, never mind, my bad, wrong game!
I completely went off on a tangent, didn't I? Sorry about that... XP

You kidding? Palutena's the biggest prankster of them all! They'd better watch themselves in this tourney...

Well, I guess Link took that argument with Mario to heart, considering that he's picked up his kart and joined Mario on his MK races. Guess we'll see when he takes up a sport, then. Can't wait for some Hyrule Tennis. XP

Girly Samus? Huh, certainly isn't the Other M version then, that's for sure. Thank frick. XP

Mewtwo certainly wants to interrupt Lucario's zen-like state. Not until Spring though, alas... XP

Haha, oh dear, and what a zapping those three will get, now that R.O.B's gotten a new laser... XD

Oh, another Mario RPG reference. You certainly must be big on 'em, then. Not that I blame ya'; it's some good stuff!

Oh dear. His smash balls are inert. It seems that the Year of Luigi has buggered up Luigi's chances of winning Smash Brothers. Curse you, happy feels!

Master Hand the dictator. Thumbsing people down with a hammy voice since 1998...

Ohh you, vaguely animeish Kirby. Trust you to eat everyone out of house and home regardless of personal injury. XD

Life will only get harder for that pantry, what with Pac-Man hungering for smash... Then again, R.O.B might be able to keep 'em away, so who knows?

Last time I checked, Kirby was hundreds of years old, right? So no kidding that he's older than he looks. XP
Then again, the games never specified, so hey. Perhaps he is too young to be talking about... smash balls.

Oh dear... the immortal death stare... now that's something that should have been his final smash. O,o
Heck, who knows? Maybe that's how the Negative Zone was triggered back in the day in the actual game. Luigi stared everyone giddy. XP

Oh well, hooray for the Year of Luigi! Can't wait for 2022, when the next one rolls around.

Yeah, Sonic's 15th was kind of... not so great. Especially when he had to contend with Pig-Nipple-Eggman... XD
Oh well, at least his twentieth was much better! It shall be remembered for Generations to come.

Hooray for happy Luigi! I mean, he did have to sacrifice the best final smash for it, but oh well. 'Tis worth it for the happy times. :P
Certainly seems plausible enough. I should make this my head-canon now.

Darn it, Kirby! While your new final smash is super cool, and reminds me of the fun I had with Kirby Adventure Wii (British name), you've now turned into an Ike! Little Great Aethering bugger... XP

Luigi has connections with the best cake makers, so methinks that Kirby's gonna be a happy puffball indeed. Thanks, annoying voiced woman from Anime-Popstar! XP

Marth can deal with entire armies and Medeus the Shadow Dragon, but ghosts make him squeal like a girl? Oh deary me... The times have not been kind. I blame Shiida. Or Caeda, or whatever. She's softened him up!

Holy ship, Mac Baby spoke his very first words! Is and miracle. :O

And, as always, Luigi is the pope! He ain't afraid of no ghosts! ...Sometimes.

Oh well, pretty good fic! Save for sissy Marth, I quite enjoyed all of the characterisations that you had going on in this thing. Not to mention that it was quite a heartwarming read, what with Luigi learning how to be happy at long last. So yeah, I think you've done good. :)

I think it makes up for the Mario Party 9 boxart, where Luigi barely, barely appeared in the background, while all the rest of the characters were right there on the front. 'Tis lunacy, I say... XP

Welp, and with that massive, nonsensical review, I'm off. Tata for now! c:
MarioandLuigiThePaperJamBros chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
Ah Luigi...Is there NOTHING you can't accomplish :)
Verran chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
Nicely tied in, the way you have the reasons for the negative zone not working any more. Good story!
VTStarCosmic chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
Yet another masterpiece from 1thunderfire! This really made my day; I read over it on the day it came out but have been quite busy lately. This was quite a different fic from the rest of the norm, which is awesome because the Smash Bros section could use some new light Very nice look into Luigi's psychology and the train of thought throughout the picture was well-explained. I too think Luigi's views would have taken a climb upwards as described-he deserves to feel better after the strife is over. His conversation with Kirby was very well-placed, and kudos to you for referencing his newer final smash. Though this was written before the game was released, it was completely on-target (to my knowledge; I do not have the game)!

Also, the references to previous games/events were well-done (example, SSE alliances and friendships, anniversaries, the ghost puns reminiscent of the Luigi's Mansion series...). And best of all-Luigi's last quote. That sounds familiar...SPM, perhaps? Either way, gotta love this! It feels like a bit of a 'change' for not only the archive but you as well-don't know why I get that feel, but regardless, thanks for such an awesome little gift to make my college year
Random Reviewer chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
I like the story, but I'm correct in assuming Gameplay and Story Segregation, right? Because Luigi...isn't very good in tier lists and his Final Smash is easy to dodge (jump). But I guess non-competitively anyone can make him work.
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
Oh, yes, there is a distinct lack of Luigi in the Smash section of this site, definitely, and I am so glad you decided to remedy that.

The switch from Negative Zone to Poltergust 5000 in the new game was very intriguing (especially with all the emphasis on NZ being dark magic and all that), and that there is much story potential in that; so glad you decided to tackle it! I love how you tied in all of the Year of Luigi celebrations, and especially the events of Dream Team, to Luigi's realization that he's not in his brother's shadow, and that had an effect on his ability to cast the NZ.

I also loved the nod to Samus and Pikachu's friendship, as well.

And, of course, perfect ending.
TheAutisticGamer chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Cool! You wrote something quality and you should be proud of it.
(Although I am curious how that fight between Luigi and the ghosts went. XD)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
ASDFGHJKL OHMYGOD I LOVE THIS! THIS IS SO AWESOME!
In all seriousness, it's so awesome of you to give Luigi so much appreciation by sharing us this fanfic omg ;w; I love the way you write cuz it's so understandable and you can express some thoughts and stuff. The intro of Negative Zone was kinda too long and it could be a bit better but still aaahh Luigi x3

This is one of the best SSB fanfics I've seen to be honest. No kidding? THAT'S A FUGGIN BIG OFFERING ;A;
Also do you take requests? If you do, I may ask a request: If you know a lot about them, can and will you write a oneshot fanfic about Solid Snake and Sonic in friendship genre and in Smashland?
It's fine if you don't want to!

Anyway awesome job man! Keep up the good work! :D
Tindle chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
that would be truely funny, Luigi's final smash summoning a bunch of ghosts.