Reviews for A Charmed Christmas carol
DJ Rodriguez chapter 7 . 8/3/2020
Now this was an ending worth of this story!

Charmcaster is killed, now having to meet all three spirits. However, it seems that she did manage to find redemption in life before he was assassinated. And also that she had been an aunt to Ken, who is very sad to see her go. And also, very spot on how even though there were few who mourned her... it was the right ones that did so.

Ken is told to never give in to hate, and Charmcaster following it as well as she tries to comfort the young one. This shows that she truly had been redeemed, and that is powerful stuff that sadly is rare to see now in this world today. Both in real life and in fanfiction world.

And at the end, it was a bit awkward to see even Zs'Skayr doing this, all ascend to Heaven. To Paradise, the Kingdom that is more glorious and strong than any other known here on Earth! Charmcaster has come Home, where I am sure she will be greeted by the Father and Son... filled with a light and love that I believe she has secretly been craving for a very long time.

All in all, this was excellent all around! You should be proud of making such an interesting fusion here, my friend! Keep it up!
DJ Rodriguez chapter 6 . 8/2/2020
Now this was cool! Sorry again for the long delay in reading and reviewing.

It seems that Charmcaster truly had a change of heart, different in many aspects from Scrooge from the story, yet holding that similarity charm that transcended into her. And she healed Ken to boot! Now that was excellent right there!

And during the dinner, where some things are cleared up, Charmcaster shows real realism yet also hope here in stepping down from her position as World Ruler. And she is right; while things cannot go back to the way they were originally, at least its a step in the right direction for her and everyone to mend things first. Like a wound takes time to heal and mend back together right, both externally and internally.

And the classic toast to Charmcaster to top it off was the icing on the cake! You really should be proud of yourself for making such a story here, my friend! It really is good!

Keep it up!
DJ Rodriguez chapter 5 . 5/24/2020
0_0 Whoa... intense and powerful... you really hit the nail on the head here. Its like a fusion of Ben 10 with "A Muppet Christmas Carol", but on a darker venue.

Gwen is wracked with anger and grief over the loss of Ken, Ben is unable to help and Kevin... he ran away like a coward. And Charmcaster, she is shown what the populace really thinks of her. And also, the part of Ghostfreak making his true transformation known was spot on! And also his reference to the Lord in link to chances was strong.

You really did good here! Keep it up!

(P.S.: I hope you take a look at the final book in my "Monsters and Magic" series, which is "Monsters and Magic Special: Sofia's Imagination"!)
DJ Rodriguez chapter 4 . 5/11/2020
Again my friend, you presented this in a way that would make both the storywriters of both the Ben 10 series and Charles Dickens proud!

Charmcaster is starting to see that arrogance and haughtiness are not good qualities at all, either in the short-run or life-run of things. And the way that you portrayed the Tennysons and Kevin like so here, very spot on. And the sorceress is starting to feel compassion and guilty, showing that there is still hope for her... I hope.

And now, on to the Ghost of Christmas Future! Keep it up!
DJ Rodriguez chapter 3 . 5/11/2020
Again, very good and powerful chapter here.

Charmcaster was taught some humility by the Galvan, and in a way that really fits into his character nicely. You did very good here, my friend.

And we see that Charmcaster did not start out evil, but rather sweet and caring. She had a bright future ahead of her... until the arrival of her Uncle Hex. I will admit this, my friend. If I had just five minutes with him... I would go all Godzilla on his sorry butt! I have a soft spot for children, and any that try to harm them in any way... all bets are off, and I go all Toho Godzilla on the one who did try to harm them!

But now Charmcaster is starting to feel the embers of decency and humanity crawl back into her heart, after so many years of being cold and cruel... its really tearing at her, and you make it believable here.

So far, so good! Keep it up!
DJ Rodriguez chapter 2 . 5/9/2020
Now this chapter was interesting!

Charmcaster really is a villainess to a high degree, and it shows here on how she treats Gwen like so. And Ben and Kevin are also very much defeated as well. But at least the four are together, and that is comfort... how little it may be.

And now Hex comes in, showing to his niece that he is now eternally doomed to walk the various planes with his chains he forged. You really mixed in well the cartoon series with the legendary Dickens tale here!

And now it seems that Charmcaster will have to see her past, present and future to see what it is in store for her.

Excellent work so far! Keep it up!
DJ Rodriguez chapter 1 . 5/8/2020
This seems to hold promise! I have to admit, this has caught my attention. Will read further to see what develops. But so far, it looks good!

Keep it up!
Creaturemaster chapter 7 . 12/12/2015
Beautiful chapter, if I do say so myself. Of course, you had the rough draft, I just did modifications. Regardless, this was a nice chapter and a lovely end to this story. Well done to both of us, but mostly you!
Deyinel chapter 6 . 12/22/2014
Hi Data Seeker,

This is a really good ending. It is a difficult story to conclude, as Charmcaster's evil was naturally many times greater than anything done by Scrooge in the original story, but I think you kept it believable and very touching. I really enjoyed this little Christmas story and look forward to reading more from you in the future!

Merry Christmas!
Creaturemaster chapter 6 . 12/2/2014
And thus the Ben 10 Christmas Carol ends. And yes, I thank you for the alien transformations towards the end. It isn't Ben 10 without the Omnitrix in use :)

Question though: is this story Complete or not? I feel like an Epilouge if sorts is in order, as I'm sure many, many, many, MANY people would want Charmcaster dead or at least made to pay for her crimes. Just a suggestion.
Deyinel chapter 5 . 11/28/2014
Hey, great chapter! Ghostfreak was very well done and he gave me a couple of chills! I particularly liked that he didn't speak until the end. It really added to the scene. The different scenes were great as well. I liked the touch of the tombstone being defaced and mocked. Nicely done!

I can't wait for the next chapter!
Creaturemaster chapter 5 . 11/23/2014
Excellent. I didn't take Ghostfreak for the spooky silent type, and yet you manage to pull it off as usual. Though I love the ending of this chapter isn't Charmcaster supposed to fall into her own open grave or something? Or am I thinking of one of the Christmas Carol remakes across different franchises. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was that last one.

Either way, I can't wait to see how things turn out. I imagine Kevin would want a few licks, Gwen MIGHT try doing the same, and Ben would love having the Ultimatrix. Then again, it's your story and I have no right to tell you how to write it.

Awesome story!
Deyinel chapter 4 . 11/23/2014
Hey, great chapter! I always enjoy Paradox, and you have written him very well and kept him in character! I loved his interactions with Charmcaster, and the scene with Ben, Gwen and Keven was touching and sweet. The only thing I would have liked to see is a little more detail in that scene, showing us more about what the room looked like and what they were eating, and giving us a little more of their conversations to cement their happy evening. Other than that, there are no complaints. You write very well, and are good at setting the tone and feeling of the scene.
Creaturemaster chapter 4 . 11/18/2014
Written very well. You nailed Paradox on the head with a sledgehammer, though I doubt he might have warned her about Zs'Skayr (that's his real name by the way. Ben just calls him Ghostfreak because either can't remember it or he doesn't bother to). And as much as I love seeing Charmcaster turn to the good side, I can not wait for Zs'Skayr to put her in line (I'm actually very good friends with him. He lives in my head, you see).

All in all, a wonderfully written chapter. Can't wait for the Tennysons/Levins to get their powers back and for Charmcaster to change her ways.
Deyinel chapter 3 . 11/15/2014
Hey, great chapter! I really like how you are putting your own spin on every character, and I particularly enjoyed Charmcaster's shrinking scene! I think it would have been interesting to see some more scenes from Charmcaster's past. I would have liked to see some of what Hex did to her initially, or perhaps the scene when she began leaving her softer emotions behind. Still, this chapter is very good and I enjoyed the description immensely! I look forward to the next chapter!