Reviews for The Burden of Hope
Alfirineth chapter 1 . 7/17
Read it again. Loved it just as much, years later.
AndurilofTolkien chapter 1 . 3/12/2017
nosmaeth chapter 1 . 10/28/2014
This tasted sooo... Elvish? Is that the right word? It held the perfect and rather difficult balance of humour and seriousness.
Both characterisations were perfect, Glorfindel especially so!
A lovely little one-shot!
Avid Reader403 chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
A light hearted, yet serious little story. With good lessons to boot! I definitely enjoyed Glorfindel.

Avid Reader
Alfirineth chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
That was an amazing story! I didn't see any mistakes, since you asked-only a well-told story that drew me in with a wonderfully comfortable setting. It made it feel lived in, if you know what I mean.

By the by, I love your version of Glorfindel and the elves of Rivendell.
EverleighBain chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
So many things I love about this! As always, your Glorfindel is nuanced and perfect, just the right combination of approachable but enigmatic, and so very Elvish in his roundabout answers that it just makes me laugh. Ever the instructor, he's not going to spoon-feed Aragorn anything!

You've written Aragorn so well, still young and not always self-assured, and good grief, it could NOT have been comfortable to come home for the first time after Cerin Amroth. Love the tiny touch of Galadriel's hand in what happened there, and how in spite of his uncertainty, Aragorn is still over the moon that Arwen returns his devotion.

I also love how, even though he is a grown man at this point, in some ways Aragorn lets his guard down when he's in Rivendell among those who helped raise him and reverts back to more youthful tendencies: leaning against an age-old statue, sitting cross-legged on the balcony, allowing himself to get caught up in the potential mischief with Lady Mirith...

Young horses ripping around are always enough to give my mood a boost, and you write them so vividly. And I love the way you hint at friendships-Glorfindel's with Elrond (haggling and boons), Glorfindel's with Gandalf ("'Oh yes.' Eyes gleaming, the elf nodded. 'He knows a great many songs.'" One of my favorite moments-it just hints at so much history!)

And the last line is just perfect-even though Glorfindel knows that in many ways Aragorn will have to walk his path unaided, he's going to fortify the kid for the tasks ahead however he can!

Thank you, my friend, this absolutely brightened my day and I'm so glad you published it so everyone else can enjoy it as well!