Reviews for Unrealized Peacekeeper
Pens Insanity chapter 17 . 3/1/2010
I think I can honestly say that this is one of, if not the best Farscape fics I've read so far, and man, I've read alot. I think I read this before, on terrafirma or somewhere, but when I came across it here I felt I had to read it again, and I'm seriously loving the fact that you seem to be updating it regularily enough. (It kills me when I get stuck into a good fic that just ENDS and hasn't had an update in like 4years)

I like how you've brought good ol' Moya into it a bit. Will Talyn be appearing? And I am definitely glad you got Aeryn and John together! Though suprisingly I did like your Gilina, and I was terribly sad that Tauvo got killed off, as a character I thought you built him up amazingly well, almost felt like he HAD been on the show. Anyways, I'll stop my rambling. Can't wait to read more!
Tscorpio1701 chapter 17 . 2/6/2010
This is one of the best fanfics I have read for this series, pls continue it.
one of the lost chapter 17 . 2/4/2010
This is probably one of the best AU fics I've read in any category. The story flows like the story in the series did... in fact, I think it is safe to say that if the creators of Farscape developed this story line, they couldn't have done it much better than what you have here. I commend you for your detailed writing, and for giving the community something wonderful to read. I hope to read your next chapter soon. This one is definitely going on the favorites list.
john777 chapter 17 . 1/31/2010
Great story, keep writing
prometheus-1984 chapter 17 . 1/31/2010
I was wondering when this story would get picked up again! I followed it religiously for quite some time, and am glad to see it's finally returning. Here's hoping that you'll continue to work on this wonderful piece of fanfic.
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 17 . 1/23/2010
I really love this fic and it's characterizations... and it is just amazing seeing Chricton change piece by piece. I can't wait until there is an actual update.
Replica Velocity a.k.a. X5 714 chapter 12 . 1/22/2010
Re-reading and I'm not sure which site I have left reviews for this- and it's late so I'll finish this tomorrow. I love how you handle this alternate arc, you don't just have Chricton accept the peacekeepers you make it hard and you still have Scorpius as the villain.
SeaWraith chapter 17 . 1/19/2010
Good to see that this story is still progressing; I really want to see Captain Crichton.
Kateri1 chapter 17 . 1/17/2010
Oh wow, this is a fantastic story. A really great AU. I can't wait for the next chapter
Njoten chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
I just found this story, and after reading the whole thing throgu I must say I really like your take on it. Hope you will update sooner rather than later and give me something to do on the rare few hours one gets off on RNoAF boot camp.

Please, please udate.
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
great to see this fic, but how come did you decide to rejoin ff. net? as far as I can remember you left it because of it's intolerant policy and deleting of accounts for song fics, I think.

I loved this fic, the only thing I didn't like and mourned was when you killed Gilina. Too bad it isn't possible for you to write an AU UP fic where Gilina lives.
Sdarian chapter 17 . 1/4/2010
Sweet. I'm glad to see this posted here. I'm also hopeful that this means that there will be more updates to come as well...

Anyway, I'm happy to see that you posted this here. It's going on my favorite and alert lists, now that it's posted on a site that I read most of my fanfiction from.

This is a really good idea. I haven't come across too many Farscape stories that I've liked, and most of those have John (and/or others with him) going through some wormhole into another series. And while those are good stories, and I enjoyed them, it's nice to see a good story that isn't a cross over every now and then (especially when it seems like most of the good stories are only the crossover ones...).

I'm really looking forward to reading more of this. Good luck, and Keep up the great work!
Taechunsa chapter 17 . 1/4/2010
I am glad to see you post this story here. I loved this story when it first came out and checked up on it regularly for updates.

I hope that you have found more time to work on it since you are posting it here now.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.
Phalanxx chapter 17 . 1/4/2010
Awesome fic. Keep it up.
Tweeky chapter 1 . 6/13/2009
I've read your excellent fic at other websites and it's an excellent fic, Oneeye. As to the mods here at , they're stupid paranoid morons in regards to using song lyrics in fics. They clearly have not heard of the "Fair use" provision in copyright laws. For those morons (re: moderators) here at , this is what fair use is:

ir use under United States law

The legal concept of "Test copyright" was first ratified by the Kingdom of Great Britain's Statute of Anne of 1709. As room was not made for the authorized reproduction of copyrighted content within this newly formulated statutory right, the courts gradually created a doctrine of "fair abridgment," which later became "fair use," that recognized the utility of such actions. The doctrine only existed in the U.S. as common law until it was incorporated into the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 107, reprinted here:

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 17 U.S.C. § 106 and 17 U.S.C. § 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include:

the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

the nature of the copyrighted work;

the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.[1]

The four factors of analysis for fair use set forth above derive from the classic opinion of Joseph Story in Folsom v. Marsh, 9 . 342 (1841), in which the defendant had copied 353 pages from the plaintiff's 12-volume biography of George Washington in order to produce a separate two-volume work of his own. The court rejected the defendant's fair use defense with the following explanation:

[A] reviewer may fairly cite largely from the original work, if his design be really and truly to use the passages for the purposes of fair and reasonable criticism. On the other hand, it is as clear, that if he thus cites the most important parts of the work, with a view, not to criticize, but to supersede the use of the original work, and substitute the review for it, such a use will be deemed in law a piracy…

In short, we must often… look to the nature and objects of the selections made, the quantity and value of the materials used, and the degree in which the use may prejudice the sale, or diminish the profits, or supersede the objects, of the original work.

Once these factors were codified as guidelines in 17 U.S.C. § 107, they were not rendered exclusive. The section was intended by Congress to restate, but not replace, the prior judge-made law. Courts are still entitled to consider other factors as well.

Fair use tempers copyright's exclusive rights to serve the purpose of copyright law, which the U.S. Constitution defines as the promotion of "the Progress of Science and useful Arts" (Art. I, § 8, cl. 8). This principle applies particularly well to the case of criticism and also sheds light on various other limitations on copyright's exclusive rights, particularly the scenes à faire doctrine.
226 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »