Reviews for Returning to the Start
yochan123 chapter 5 . 10/20
Such biased reporting no one mentioned the deaths were corrupted people and known death eaters
yochan123 chapter 4 . 10/20
Awww Luna
And glad Hermione talked Harry into stop his toxic fear relationship with Sirius. Understandable but not healthy
yochan123 chapter 3 . 10/20
I honestly couldn’t agree more and this is why I also despise dumbledore

I think most of the deaths during the war were his fault - he could have done more, and should have done more - if he'd not been such a fool my parents would be alive. Sirius would have received a trial, and we wouldn't live in a world where You-Know-Who's political ideals are being passed into law. The man inspires belief - and people live up to what he wants from them and then they die without achieving anything that matters.
yochan123 chapter 2 . 10/20
I think he should kill dumbledore or push this bastard to fight voldy instead of a kid

he was a horrible failure as a leader, but he had the right goals. If Harry could let Hermione go, shouldn't he also let that hatred go? It was unimportant in this world too; he'd never follow Dumbledore's sick, indirectly murderous ideology here.

Fuck him
yochan123 chapter 1 . 10/20
I completely agree
Dumbledore. That fucker had taught him to lose. He taught him to die rather than kill, to do the difficult thing, the 'right' thing and not use lethal force. Everything Dumbledore stood for had failed. Love didn't protect anyone - killing did. Self sacrifice and a willingness to die for your friends didn't protect them - killing did. Sticking your enemies in prison didn't prevent them from killing those you loved - killing did

Like wtf would you use stunning spells against ppl trying to literally kill you?! Dumbledore is the evil wizard here for all the shit he let through versus actually taking out voldy with the aurors and getting the population to band together effectively

The reviewer below who says Harry is evil is a fucking moron. One has to be pragmatic and ruthless when it comes to enemies otherwise you and your loved ones DIE
cameron1812 chapter 9 . 10/9
This makes me happy. Thank you:)
BerserkLittleCook chapter 9 . 10/6
I liked the ending very much.
I still honestly think Harry's a Dark Wizard. It doesn't mean he's evil, it's not because he enjoys fighting, it's because he's willing to do almost anything to achieve his goals. It's only that his goal is to protect people that redeems him
BerserkLittleCook chapter 7 . 10/6
I wouldn't argue that killing Hitler would be good or justified and I don't think that's the point. I think it'd be understandable and easier to forgive. The same in Harry's situation: it's not good that he killed them, it's not justified, it's understandable and she managed to forgive him. But the point of forgiveness is that someone regrets what they've done and want to be forgiven. Harry doesn't regret it and doesn't think it's something he should be forgiven for, and he keeps on doing it.
BerserkLittleCook chapter 4 . 10/6
A time-skip? NOOOOOOOOO!
BerserkLittleCook chapter 3 . 10/5
I'm awed by how you portray emotions, to the point where you completely ignored the how of Harry saving the world, because it's not important. It shows a great deal of control, maturity and competence as a writer
BerserkLittleCook chapter 2 . 10/5
The first chapter is awe inspiring, the way you show Harry go through the emotional turmoil of turning back time.. It's beautiful
Kknd2 chapter 9 . 9/25
This is, in an interesting way, a solid example of a hurt/comfort story.

But the real strength of this one, to me, is the exploration of the flaws in our two leads. Things that carry over from the original books by JKR, because they are fundamental to who they both are.

There is an amusingly mature lesson here. That the hardest thing a person can do, and possibly the bravest? Is to consider they may have been wrong. It's harder to consider it than to accept it, and harder to accept it than to work to improve on it. Yet without accepting that doubt and pain, you can not become a better person.

What you've done with this little 40k word story is to give us a parable about self examination, using a common language of characters so many people know (as you clearly know them so well.) just as the old storytellers used Odysseus, Arthur Pendragon and Gilgamesh.

In the modern day, when I find myself in an ocean of media (rather than stories) made purely for profit, or to push an agenda, or just for indulgence? To find stories like this is a treasure beyond price. Truly I tell you, there is a place for simple whims of fancy, but there is always value in such examinations of the sapient condition.
Harry needing Hermione's approval is like a dog needing it's owners approval. Hermione controls Harry, and is his god. All heil Hermione, only her morals are right. Harry, the evil doormat simp sucker he is, needs to suck cock and beg for Hermione.
JuleKiwi chapter 9 . 9/6
Your Hermione is so believable. I really enjoyed this fic.
TrumpasaurusRex chapter 4 . 8/30
I haven’t found a time travel fixit with a Hermione pairing that’s decent.
Still have yet to find one.