Reviews for nine2five 2,14 Eureka
fezzywhigg chapter 4 . 5/30/2015
I thoroughly enjoyed the culmination of this arc through your world. I always love Chuck the ace. Thanks.
fezzywhigg chapter 3 . 5/29/2015
Excellent bending of the Contessa scene! Your Carina really is a hoot. And the Agent X backstory was interesting. I always thought the way Volkoff treated Frost was a reflection of Hartley's feelings towards Mary. I was never sure (and it was never explained or verified in the show) if they were platonic or romantic. I still wonder if there is isn't a FF to be written about Stephan, Mary and Hartley. Thanks.
fezzywhigg chapter 2 . 5/29/2015
I really enjoyed Hartley's mom and wish they had done more with her in canon. Heck you did more with her in a paragraph, so thanks. I want to compliment you on the slow development of Frost. Of course it helps that Sarah is there but this feels so much better in understanding the character. I definitely like your Frost better than canon.
fezzywhigg chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
I've thought recently that Sarah and Natasha Romanov might have some things in common, I loved the Black Widow moniker. The last line about Destiny and Fate...it was golden. Now to read on and see what happened to .
tshdow chapter 4 . 10/4/2014
thanks for the chapter. It was nice to see them all back together again.
Molotov chapter 4 . 10/3/2014
I've said it before, but your Volkoff is spot on. I can hear Timothy Dalton in my head, bombastic and delightfully insane, when I read his words.

Deep in my heart, I am a Chuck/Vivian shipper, but I don't know how to make that work. Also, Chuck and Sarah's love is eternal.

Super impressed at how you rolled together so many elements from Season 4 to wrap up in a tidy bow. Chuck's zapping of Volkoff is a particular element I loved.

So much better than Morgan being involved, even if that means missing out on Yoga Seal.
resaw chapter 4 . 10/3/2014
I really appreciate that first scene, all Frost's internal monologue. It helps me a great deal to understand where Frost stands, how she views Chuck and his team now. Good stuff.

And Vivian is hilarious. At one moment, she's absolutely venomous when it comes to Sarah or even at times when she wants to be evil, and now she's fawning over Chuck hoping he'll notice her and concerned about whether she presents an acceptable appearance. A confused young woman.

I think you have done a great job of capturing Dalton's droll yet malevolent Volkoff. And yet, you aren't just repeating. "Nine pallets of oilcloth" is very funny.

Oh dear, Vivian is upset. But, this is a line that I don't understand: "Walker, grinning fiendishly, casting the room into darkness as she pulsed with a hideous, blood-red light." Sarah is pulsing. Or there is a red light that is pulsing in the room and because of Sarah's position, it looks like she is pulsing(?) The word "trollop" from Vivian is so appropriate, and then her move from anger with Sarah to rage against Chuck makes sense of her perception of things, but, as I recall, her infatuation with Chuck was all in her own mind.

"It's okay, dear...These things happen." Great LOL line.

Sarah's voice is back. Triggered simply by the successful completion of the mission? Enabled by the fact that victory was achieved without anymore loss of life at Chuck's hand? The fact that she's wearing her wedding band again?

My questions aside, this was an outstanding chapter. It had me "captured" throughout. Thank you.
caryr chapter 4 . 10/3/2014
Reread the chapter several times. Very well written.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 10/3/2014
I loved how Chuck's plan worked. I loved how he neutralized Both Alexei and Vivian. I loved how Frost got to transmit the success of her mission. I loved how in typical Chuck fashion no one died in this take down. Too Cool! Please continue.
Arya's prayers chapter 3 . 9/29/2014
Loved the Volkoff explanation. A concept I am toying with extensively. (I'll leave it at that!)

"Does she know how to pick a lock?" Pfft.

The assault was great. I love how you portray action through dialogue.

And loved the Carina vs Mission Impossible laser room. (Unfortunately, I often think of the Resident Evil version which ended...badly.) Carina has seemed to have trouble keeping her clothes on... For all the wrong reasons.

Honestly, there's so much good stuff I often don't know where to begin with a review! (Which is my feeble excuse for taking so long...)
Arya's prayers chapter 2 . 9/29/2014
I wondered why they reported her as the "Black Widow". I remember it as Sasha Banicheck's alias. Do people in the spy world get to double up on the really awesome code names?

Sarah's introspection - awesome. (You and I are on the same page here.) People love how deadly Sarah is but don't really stop to think what 'Enforcer', 'just a spy', being 'just like' Heather Chandler spy-edition, etc. MEANS in terms of what she once was. And I love that your interpretation is tied to Chuck but not bound to him (if that makes sense).

But she seems a bit unhinged... which, unfortunately, I don't think is that unfamiliar a state for her... which is part of what has her so upset...

The definition of a Chuck coverup made me laugh! As did the Beckman briefing.

And I love Mrs. W.

Craigslist Dubai! (snort) And ice cream!
Arya's prayers chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
Finally getting caught up after pushing out a chapter. Makes it sound like labor...

(I have a draft of a much later chapter with round-robin POVs so "watch me for the changes" made me laugh - I wrote that to myself in the editing notes...)

I like your Vivian. Very nefarious. She was pretty likable on the show. Until she used the Norseman. Sure power corrupts but she went downhill fast!

And I like that Sarah saw through her ploy. And used Frost's pursuit to hitch a ride. Very clever! I liked the realizations of where her allegiances lie. And she's a friggin buzz saw here. What happened to her after she put Casey through the window...

(I also love that BtVS episode 'Hush' - might be my #1 - they manage to be funny, scary and heartfelt with no dialogue whatsoever. It's quite ingenious.)
resaw chapter 3 . 9/28/2014
I understand your point that good story-telling is something other than an "info-dump," but I don't mind that at all. In extended serials like this story, it helps keep me up-to-date, properly oriented, as it were. For that reason, seeing a line that begins with "'So, wait,' said Carina, trying to make sense of what she was hearing..." is good news for me, as is the surrounding dialogue.

The scene where Sarah gives Casey a big hug to which he responds that she would need a bigger building to kill him: I like it. Casey and Sarah initially came across as these cold professional assassin-spies but their involvement with Chuck changed them both. Here we see how they have changed. Casey's comment is still gruff, but there's a warmth in those words that one might not have heard earlier.

Carina in her underwear is dramatically less unsightly than Morgan!

Another great chapter. I'm really looking forward to the "catalyst" that gets Sarah speaking again.
phnxgrl chapter 3 . 9/27/2014
I loved this version. I loved Ellie's explanation of Hartley's single insertion type of sublimating memories. I loved how Alexei thought the message was from Orion and not Chuck. Please continue.
Molotov chapter 2 . 9/27/2014
I've thought about this chapter for a week before reviewing.

I just can't get past the confusion of the Sarah-Casey-window thing. In my Chapter 1 review, I remarked confusion as to why Sarah kicked Casey out of the window. Then you tell me in a review rey that Casey jumped out the window himself to fool her.

How?

Why?

Is it deliberately confusing? Or did I miss something?

If it is meant to be confusing to the reader, if we're meant to think Sarah kicked him out of the window like Sarah thinks, then I wish you hadn't told me, because that piece of info has clouded my ability to understand the story.

During one of Sarah's introspective moments, she thinks of how she joined the CIA to protect her father, and protect the world, but it was a lie. They just took and used and left her with nothing. That little nugget was DY-NO-MITE. Just great. A wonderful piece of character work that I don't know if I've seen anyone else touch on, at least not so succinctly.