Reviews for Dans Endroits Sombres
231915 chapter 2 . 9/21/2014
The description of the post apocalyptic world really conveys how desperate Ulrich must be. Also love the ending, which is uncommon-the hero neither wins nor dies, but his internal conflict, for now, seems to have come to an end. Absolutely wonderful and chilling.
Starke chapter 2 . 9/15/2014
The Scyphozoa slamming William into the floor repeatedly is actually an allegory for what this story does to readers' feels.

That was horribly, spectacularly depressing. The narrative is utterly gripping as it takes what are everlasting, upbeat elements of the story - characters, locations, themes - and systematically grinds them to nothing, and makes it clear that they are never coming back. As a reader, we that pain, and we feel it doubly through Ulrich's reactions to the wasteland that used to be his world.

Ulrich's sorry, Sissi. (

Resistance to the very last did not help Ulrich or his friends. But when failure was inevitable, he failed honoring himself and the LWs. And despite the totality of the loss, despite the utter f-ed-up-ness of reality, the flame is not extinguished. The last three sentences are amazing.

Bravo, SJ.
Minerva Teller of tales chapter 2 . 9/14/2014
I finally got to read this. Oh my god I enjoyed it. You could really feel Ulrich's hopelessness. Good job on making such a morbid mood. I felt sad for everything that happened. It was so good! (I'm rendered into nonsense babbling)
The Real Snickie chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
I read this this afternoon. I almost cried. Almost. I've almost cried a ridiculous number of times these past two days at a number of things and I might know the reason why.

But like. Ohmigod. Ulrich. Aelita. Yumi. William. No. Nonononononoo. NO! HOW DARE YOU MAKE THEM SUFFER! THE CRUELTY! ASDGLKEWFIVDSKFESD
(all of this I'm typing with a straight face but anyway lol)

Soul, have I ever told you how much I love you and your fanfictions?
Selica Leone chapter 2 . 9/14/2014
Blargh Soul, I forgot how fricken good you are at everything. This is so grim and dark and depressing, but it's amazing.