Reviews for Not The Hero
David The Thirth chapter 24 . 1/18
Hey! You're back! Now don't leave again, I've been stuck reading cliches since the last time you went and I really, really don't want to read anymore self inserts.
ellaquesent rag chapter 24 . 1/18
Continued excellence. thanks for the update :)
You're back! Yaay!

Poor Discord, first he had to explain the extra crispy tan joke, then you had to explain his rambling-yet-amusing discourse on mana a mana for him.

Considering the show's as-yet-unused Chekhov's Gun with Sombra's broken horn, I think Discord's idea that death won't stop Sombra from causing trouble is right on the money. Bits? Hey, Discord's right about not needing that silly deductive reasoning thing! Probably. ;)

The trail was kinda fun. Discord realizing Tia's testifying in a courtroom she's supposed to be judging was hilarious.

Hi, Thorax! Nice to see you! Shame about Pharynx. Doesn't look like this timeline needs to worry about psychedelic changelings...ever? Possibly. Though I do wonder what you're version of the lore says of the love giving magical transformation thing. I mean, the show version *seems* to be that that transformation's the goal, and Chryssie was preventing them from reaching their full potential, but you clearly have gone a different way...

Ah, well, you've also cleverly made it a nonissue by Chryssie having no reason to chase Thorax away for being weak.

Also, Thorazine stealth puns. ;)

Update something soon please!
Animekitty47 chapter 23 . 6/16/2017
I know it's extremely likely the "close personal friends with Fire" line was just coincidence, but all the same I'm wondering if you've ever read Dragonlance?

Ooo, things are turning Discord's way at last, even if it won't last it was great fun.

I wonder if the Element of Cruelty is capable of being annoyed that it went from subjecting an entire race to spreading malicious rumours in a filly's hooves?

That Avatar of Disharmony idea is interesting...

Seeing Discord's take on his own reformation was interesting.

Hey, you're fic deconstruction theme snuck a few snarks about songfics too. XD

Heh, now for once I dunno which chapter to hope for more (though of course I know of you'll update most of your other stories first) a new chapter here or in Elements of Opposition? ;)
Frank Horrigan chapter 23 . 6/14/2017
I wear cowboy boots, cowboy hat, dress shirt and jeans with the biggest gold belt buckle I can find. Don't forgot the asshole aviator sunglasses. For the low low low price of a bottle of coke or a new leather jacket I am willing to off mister anon or st least send 4chan after him.
Frank Horrigan chapter 22 . 4/14/2017
What he needs is Frank Fuckmothering Horrigan, or just shoot the fucker. I despise the Gary Stus.
DemonRaily chapter 22 . 4/2/2017
I really like the story, I hope you will someday continue it.
Animekitty47 chapter 22 . 12/18/2016
Mmm, world building is tasty.

Torch and Ember were fun to see. Especially Ember. And I see we have similar opinions of Garble.

Spike's been confirmed as the Editor too. So much foreshadowing! Going to get Hatred, the probably bearers for it and Cruelty, and didn't Spike mention something about getting this chapter because of Discord being held captive at Fluttershy's, hmm?

Unless I'm forgetting a story of yours, this is the last of Christmas presents, yes?

Well, the update streak was fun while it lasted...

Happy Holidays to you and yours, Alara!
Master2000 chapter 21 . 12/5/2016
Just found this fic a few days ago, already read the entire thing! Your writing is absolutely amazing and I can't wait for more!
DragonLord RyuKizoku chapter 21 . 10/26/2016
Wonderful chapter here. Not what I had expected, but it worked out in the end. And that last bit, of Discord and Tats... They could probably work something out after Anon is dealt with, assuming Tats wasn't originally a male.
largomolo chapter 21 . 10/26/2016
The chapter was great. It had most loose ends on discord's part dealt with quickly, and he seems to be adapting to Anon's gray-stu powers. At the very least the Poles might be the best place to deal Anon because of the purification/magic drain would clean-up his twisted harmony powers if Discord pulls a win. Although, I would like to point out Discord put Tat's memory of him in the dream realm, so how long would it take for Luna to find out, and investigate?
Animekitty47 chapter 20 . 10/4/2016
Uh-oh, Discord exhausted with Anon on the way? And he thought things were going badly before...

The direwolf...uh, is it weird to say her death and the aftermath was a touching scene?

Between this chapter and the previous one...Discord underestimated literally everything about the trip to go get this Element, huh? His little revelation about fighting tyranny was well done too. Ah, heck, everything you do is well done, even the disturbing parts. XP

Update one of your stories soon please!
DragonLord RyuKizoku chapter 20 . 9/29/2016
Well, shit. Discord is le fuh-ked. And just when it seemed to start moving in his favor, too. It had been going downhill from the start, had a slight incline that lasted about half a chapter, and then it hits rock bottom in all of three paragraphs.

These last few chapters have been damn good, as always, and we're even seen a good deal regarding Discord's past, and things that make him who he is. On top of that, we have some slight character development in this chapter, in that he discovers a way to do what he does without being seen as evil, but rather the good guy. In fact, this entire ordeal, if he manages to play it right and not get attacked instantly by Anon, he could possibly plant some seed of doubt into Luna's mind. After all, why would he be there, fighting the caribou, HELPING the slaves, if he's purely evil?

And beyond even that, he could flat out tell her he sent the message, which would only produce more doubt in her mind, for why would Discord willingly request her help in fighting an enemy if he's as evil as Anon has brainwashed her to think he is? And to take it a step further, he isn't doing anything evil! (Though, admittedly, Anon might change that in mere minutes...) He's done nothing but start a riot AGAINST a group that is undeniably terrible, and has nearly killed himself trying to assist the slaves in said riot! I don't care how powerful Anon is with his reality warping, but unless he completely rewrites this event here and now, there's no possible way to play Discord as the bad guy based on what has already happened! (Which is not to say that he couldn't have Discord attack Luna before she can consider any of this.)

Basically, this is a very bad situation, but could have some positive long term effects if Discord doesn't fuck it up. Keep up the good work, and I'll be sure to leave another review after we see how this goes.
largomolo chapter 19 . 9/25/2016
Definitely a good chapter. The beginning is in fact uncomfortable to get through. Overall, it turned out well. Side note and spoiler: Discord does not commit any acts but the descriptions are still uncomfortable.
Animekitty47 chapter 18 . 9/25/2016
I loved your take on Norse mythology. And Wendigos. Heh. Reindeer and caribou are actually the same animals, you say? I suppose there's nowhere for a Yeti to show up, huh? That's pretty much the only reference you missed, you thorough person you.

Aaah, so that's why they have seasons. I wonder how long it took Tia to realize she needed to move the sun around that way?

Hmm, normally I don't like the darker stuff, but I do like Opposition and this very story, so I shall continue to trust you. ;) Ooo, quick updates? Those are the best. Things. Ever! :D