Reviews for Riddled
Please don't be dead
HarryG.O.A.T chapter 11 . 9/18
This is it for me. The beginning was very interesting and had a lot of potential, but the quality dropped here. The latest chapters are more like summaries than actual chapters. You really need to edit some scenes and dialogues, i mean come on Harriet is only 11 years old! I rarely do critical reviews but i really had i high hopes for this fic. This is such and interesting but underappreciated concept. Perhaps i will give it another try and scheme through it later.
Civic26 chapter 30 . 7/31
First I want to thank you for the story. It is well structured and characters are well written. I also like that you are willing to fill some voids of information that original lore had. Second point I would like to make is the hypocrisy of many FF author with their "no sex under 17" decisions. Although I fully respect the decision when reasoning behind it is that the author doesn't feel confident to write such scene in high enough standard for example, I will never accept the fake morality behind it that authors often use. It in no way reflects the way people behave in real life and just promotes some fake believes maybe our grandparents had. For example my longtime partner (now 27) started her sexual life at 13 and let me tell you, it is pretty much a standard where I come from. And it is also always will older guys (15-20) because no 13-15 years old girl with self-esteem would lay eyes on boys their age. Always the older ones are of interest. That is how it actually works and having story after story promote the fake morality is somewhat tiring. But as I also said, it creates for me no issue with the story itself and I can and will respect author's decision in this regard. Keep up the good work and I with many other readers are looking forward to having more of Tom-Harriets journeys.
Jaden 'Birdie' Blythe chapter 25 . 7/25
*swoons*
Taryth chapter 16 . 7/19
Torture scene was fine. Personally, I think Tom would get more satisfaction by completely discrediting Lockheart, strip everything he took pride in away, then get him Kissed. I'm also surprised there was no mention about learning non-verbal casting, also Occlumecy training has been forgotten about. These 2 things are something I'd expect her to try to get over the trauma.
Taryth chapter 9 . 7/19
Story is pretty good so far. I have a few nitpicks about this chapter though. Jumping off a broom is probably one of the most unrealistic things. A broom can go much faster than terminal velocity, so she would have only been slower, plus she would lose all maneuverability. Also, how did she know about Quirrell jinxing her broom? A scene with her talking to Snape should have been added or smth.
Shadowstorm-Vash chapter 20 . 6/30
They get around veritaserum by telling 1: half truths 2: genuinely believing in what they are saying is the truth (psyching oneself out won’t work as you’d be aware of the deception) 3: twisting your answers around poorly worded questions. 4: memory charms to change your own memory of events and erase your memory of changing your memories.
You can’t use mental fortitude to overpower the potion (which is what it seems happened) unbreakable vows would be more reliable.
The best way to ensure the potion works is to use simple yes or no questions in combination with a compulsion charm for the interviewee to answer with yes or no.
That said the ministry is made of fuck-ups. Another great chapter!
Firechaseswater chapter 30 . 5/7
It's been a while since this story has updated but I just discovered it since the pairing (female harry/Tom Riddle) is one I am really fond of but I just wanted to say that authors taking breaks is understandable and normal, this is free content that someone put time and effort to which means that they respect should be already given. Guilt-tripping an author for not updating as fast as you want is never okay and neither is pressuring them to write something they are not comfortable, you evolving from the perspective you had in the beginning of this FF is normal and healthy, with that being said I really do enjoy the concept and writing and hope that you will consider returning to the story albeit how you want to and when you want to.
Jacob Phantom chapter 30 . 4/17
Please update your story soon!
emma chapter 1 . 4/12
this is so good! i adore femharry/tmr but i've read all the good ones already so it's very exciting to have found this!
Dame-Of-The-Living-Dead chapter 30 . 4/9
I really hope you and your family/friends are staying healthy during the pandemic!
I hope to read an update soon :)
BODMAS and BIDMAS are actually more popular in the UK than BEDMAS. I think PEMDAS may be as well, BEDMAS is more of a Canadian thing.
TotallyNotASerialKiller chapter 20 . 2/26
How were they not able to at least prove that Peter was involved with the death eaters?! He’s got a ruddy dark mark!
Kyrin Peterson1 chapter 30 . 2/5
Well its a shame the story is dead but it was a good run
DarkAngel2581 chapter 30 . 2/4
I like your book it is probably one of the most interesting ones I have read.
Please continue writing if you can you are a really good writer.
Your book is interesting and each chapter makes you want to delve further in.
1,408 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »