Reviews for ABC'S of Georg and Maria
reisova chapter 19 . 5/8/2021
Nice
baranskini chapter 19 . 4/15/2021
I just spent the better part of the morning reading this fic and it is nothing short of wonderful! I absolutely adore each letter and the way you use the prompts in a way that is not always obvious. Hope to see more from you soon!
Bloomandgrow chapter 13 . 2/6/2021
I remember weeping copiously when I read this chapter because I have never read a fanfic that so authentically expresses the depth of grief and pain of losing someone. It is an exquisitely beautiful but heart-wrenching piece of writing that captures the sense of loss and devastation so profoundly.

It's fitting therefore that I find myself drawn to this chapter once again at the news of Christopher Plummer's death. Ironic too, since I am never one to actively seek out angsty writing. It makes me feel so emotional and gives me those achy pangs in my chest when I am moved deeply by something.

But somehow, today, it seemed appropriate to acknowledge the sadness of CP's passing by re-reading this sensitively crafted vignette on the death of the character of Georg, whom CP had so fabulously given life to. Thank you for writing this gorgeous chapter. Even though it hurts to read it, it allowed me to shed a tear for a legendary actor whose presence on screen will be sorely missed.
Clare chapter 19 . 6/4/2020
An amazing collection of Georg and Maria moments :) Smart writing!
YesMadamePresident chapter 19 . 1/3/2020
Aww this was very sweet. If you ever come back to this fic I'll be happy! I really love your writing. But for now I'm probably going to go read everything else SOM you've written :)
YesMadamePresident chapter 14 . 1/3/2020
Aww so precious! I'm obviously aware that it's been awhile since you've updated this, so idk if you'll see my obsessive comments. But I hope because I'm just loving these beautiful oneshot!
YesMadamePresident chapter 13 . 1/3/2020
I HAD TO EXCUSE MYSELF TO THE BATHROOM SO MY FAMILY WOULDNT ASK WHY I WAS CRYING SO MUCH
Goodness Gracious, I wanna be mad but I can't even because it was so good! I told my sister (after snapchatting her a picture of my crying face) that it's the well-written, believable deathfics that get me. Too real. Too. Real.
YesMadamePresident chapter 12 . 1/3/2020
Okay nope nope this one's definitely my favorite. Probably. And now I feel like I have to go read that book!
YesMadamePresident chapter 9 . 1/3/2020
Nope this one's my favorite
YesMadamePresident chapter 8 . 1/3/2020
Okay WOW this chapter might be my favorite. So pure
Guest chapter 19 . 10/20/2019
I love this story. Each vignette is like a little pearl and when strung all together the effect is even more lovely. The different snippets made me laugh or made me cry, many of them made me smile at the way they unveiled different aspects of the love between G and M. I really hope you will continue this – after all there are 7 more letters of the alphabet still to be explored.
Guest chapter 12 . 11/15/2018
kshdkshd I LOVED IT! now i NEED to read that book!
B and G chapter 19 . 10/16/2018
I had to log out to post this review because the darn site wouldn't let me post another one. Hah! Well I showed them...

This was simply gorgeous. I adore how their deep underlying connection with each other did not need words but they were able to convey so much though their eyes and looks and thoughts alone. I loved the way they drew strength and courage from each other without needing to say anything in those frightening scenes when they must have been terrified and stressed.

This was just brilliant and heartwarming - a real dose of pure TSOM magic for me. This has edged in as the favourite one for me, but it is a hard call because each one touched me in a different way. Superb writing in every chapter. Thank you!
bloomandgrow
bloomandgrow chapter 13 . 10/16/2018
I've been tiptoeing around this one, knowing it would break my heart into a million pieces. But here I am with my box of tissues, knowing that even though it will be painful and distressing it will also be beautiful and moving. And yes it was and so much more.
The harrowing way you conveyed the stages of grief had the tears streaming down my face and a fist squeezing my heart. The writing was exquisite and extraordinary, capturing so much that is hard to articulate eloquently about loss. It was raw and powerful with so many beautifully wrought sentences I couldn't even count them. I don't think I have ever wept so much over a fanfic.
bloomandgrow chapter 17 . 10/16/2018
What a great first line. I could picture the scene perfectly from that one very descriptive sentence.

You have made his moodiness so adorable, I could imagine him shouting angrily at the wireless during the war for example. Even more, I loved how Maria had learned all kinds of tricks and techniques to soothe the savage beast. She really has him in the palm of her hand the way she understands him and knows how to handle him when he is being difficult.
But yeah, I can see why she would be fed up with dealing with his drama over this situation, as indulgent as she is with him.
This chapter may be edging in as a close extra favourite. It is getting tough to decide. Loved it.