Reviews for Oblivion
Miss Hiraya chapter 1 . 2/12
Tbh, I watched bleach, despite my unfavorable opinions about the series, for Kisuke Urahara's character alone. I've watched the anime years ago but didn't like it, until I decided to pick it back again. Terribly unsurprised about anything else, but Kisuke's character was very interesting. And to think he had such a devastatingly beautiful zanpakuto, too. I wish we could have seen him using it more, but I guess it's just a part of the mystery that Urahara is.

This terrifying version of Urahara and Benihime made my inner fangirl scream. The description of Benihime, the explanation of Shikai and Bankai was nice, and the overall atmosphere was chilling especially from the eyes of Ichigo who witnessed the brutality Urahara is capable of. Guy could have defeated Aizen had the latter not possessed the hogyoku, as a fact, so that says a lot about his actual prowess. Ichigo learning this way surely could have been an unforgettable experience for him.

Thank you very much for this.
Untrust Us chapter 1 . 12/17/2017
"When the dust clears, Urahara is entirely unmoved; he stands straight and tall like the blade of his sword, and he is smiling."
Love this bit.

Shikai - self acceptance
Ban Kai - self enlightenment
The way Urahara describes this makes the general insanity of the Shinigami make all too much sense. Their techniques are not trifling matters you achieve on a whim without changing. Having knowledge of your core self and exactly what you would be willing to put on the line would be terrifying. A frightening clarity of purpose that few but zealots achieve.

I wonder how Ichigo's fast rise in a spiritual sense was viewed when other examples such as Urahara shows how serious a mistake in such matters can be.

Ichigo's pov and the growing sense of dread when Urahara delivers his speech was wonderful. With the backdrop of him completely overwhelming the Arrancar it creates this eerie setting that is lovely to read.

"My name is Urahara Kisuke. You killed my best friend. Prepare to die."
And everything becomes better with a bit of Princess Bride.
MattKennedy chapter 1 . 4/20/2017
I love the way Urahara explains things to Ichigo. :)
cmkyrian chapter 1 . 3/15/2017
so breath taking
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 11/7/2016
creepy. i don't want to face benihime at all...
LifeInTheGrey chapter 1 . 10/15/2016
It is a very good read. It is fairly obvious what happened. Still bugs me though. Yoruichi is a lot stronger than what people give her credit as. It seems very odd that would die this way. From what I can gather from Urahara it would have been a scuide mission. Look how far he went for for the Vizards let alone for Yoruichi.
CrystalKnight chapter 1 . 9/13/2016
Holy shit thats perfect like that made me cry and question a bit of reality for a bit
RoseTheOneForeverUnloved chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
and this is why, i know, to never piss Urahara off enough to get him that mad.
Pyrane chapter 1 . 3/29/2016
So dark.
Thanks.

***Pyrane***
Carlmike94 chapter 1 . 1/4/2016
Holy hell! That was incredible!
Darke13 chapter 1 . 12/7/2015
I love your Princess Bride reference.
Taiski chapter 1 . 10/26/2015
I think I wet myself. DX
countrylovinfangirl chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
Amazing! I love it a lot!
KarismaticKoala chapter 1 . 8/26/2015
I have to say, it's been quite a while since i favourited a story! Congrats :P

I do appreciate the lack of errors and the depth of your exploration of Kisuke's hidden nature; your interpretation is quite thorough and profound. (unless this is mentioned somewhere in the manga, in which case I had no idea; I'm not really one for manga)

I might go stalk your profile now... hahaha. Happy writing!
great gospel chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
This was chillingly good. I love Urahara's wealth of self understanding and his eerie calm, even when he's lost control. Very well done.