Reviews for Prodigal Son
Pretty good
Arrexu chapter 41 . 5/3
Bri this is amazing. I just binged this for 2 days! Cant wait for the next one. Also, i feel sorry for the people who had to wait a decade for that kiss
htvhtgjtdhzr chapter 41 . 4/26
in so excited for the return to berk...i can't wait to see what u do with hiccup having to reveal his identity to what basically amounts to a stranger and how that stranger reacts... u can't believe how much my imagination is running wild...i need to know how this ends... hope u update soon
bicklepie chapter 41 . 4/26
Oh my, spicy. Keep up the good work, ravenous for more.
gmh chapter 2 . 4/23
In the dreamworks olympics shorts on youtube it says 1010 so that should be the year when it’s set. Also i love this book so far.
MorlaC chapter 41 . 4/18
I have been waiting almost all year for this thank you! This is the only httyd fic I read. I have tried reading others but none of the others can compare you are that good. I can't wait for the next chapter, until than good luck!
P10ter25 chapter 41 . 4/18
I think in one episode of the series, they tried making gronckle iron, and Gobber accidently made a large piece of glass. From what I remember, he was a bit suprised by it, but soon decided to discard it because of it's fragility.
P10ter25 chapter 2 . 4/16
It would be funny for Hiccup to come accros some sneaking assassins from the brotherhood also using the roofs to stay undetected.
I followed your story quite closely back when you were first publishing it, and was ecstatic to discover this week you’ve been updating again. Sad you won’t publish the trilogy but grateful for more of this wonderful engaging story.
Can't wait for the next chapter, so glad you've been writing again I've followed this story almost since the beginning
Ethloc chapter 41 . 3/9
Damn, what a note to end on. I'm happy with whatever direction you take your story in. Keep up the good work. Thanks for the update.
LMSharp chapter 41 . 3/8
I did not see this chapter coming, as in physically existing. I thought you were done, and I was sad because I love this fic.

But I also absolutely saw this coming, as in the content. Hiccup has been in love with Astrid for years, and Astrid has been viscerally attracted to him since he came back into her life. Forget Odin's seductive prowess, she tried to move on him when she was half dead of exhaustion and didn't change her mind in the morning. Astrid loses her religion and her virginity in a single morning.

It will make things very interesting back on Berk. She's missed Dragon Training and now she no longer believes in any of her oaths—or at least they are only enforceable from a humanist perspective. With the entire village largely still very religious, Astrid now absolutely would be crucified for her actions. She's failed in her duties (albeit in trying to keep another promise). She's gone back on her oaths to the gods and betrayed her betrothal to Snotlout (though I still wish she and everyone else would enforce those original terms and consider her UNENGAGED for the time period in the freaking contract, no matter what was implied after). She's now the lover to the suspicious Dragon Rider, and I think it'll be all over the village in a hot second that she is. She'll lose all moral authority among that bunch of Dark Age conservatives.

Ironically, I have a sense that Astrid is going to be VERY conservative in the way she treats this relationship with Hiccup. She gives off very gray-sexual or demi vibes. She is VERY into Hiccup, but you have also made it clear she has never been sexually attracted to anyone else before or interested in sex in general. There is a very present sense that he is IT for her. (This is less present in Hiccup. For Hiccup, it seems as though it has always been Astrid first and most, and to the detriment of his efforts with others, but it also seems like that interest in others is not entirely absent.) At any rate, Astrid is insisting on calling herself by Hiccup's name and of the opinion that her happiness (and other things) is Hiccup's business. Also hyping him up to the point where she is comparing him to a god. So. I get a sense she's going to direct all her warrior's energies into fighting for Hiccup and their right to be together long term. We know she doesn't have problems with commitment.

But moving on, there was a lot of other stuff in this chapter. I liked the interplay with Toothless and Stormfly here. Cute with Toothless obviously knowing just what is going on, and very sweet with Stormfly willing to go so very hard for Astrid.

Astrid's questions about her religion seemed well paced to her character. It's taken her a few days, but she's following Hiccup again, just like she did on the dragons. I also enjoyed the discussion of Astrid's (and all of Berk's) trauma with dragons versus Hiccup's trauma over war and soldiers.

While I very much hope we will not be waiting nearly another year for the next chapter, what will be, will be. And I still love this story.
Dragon Master 2016 chapter 41 . 3/7
I can't wait to read the next chapter. Just spent the last day or so reading all 41 chapters, and I have to say this is an amazing story. Please continue. Thank you for writing a story in a different view as most.
Grizzly98 chapter 10 . 3/5
on the contrary this chapter wasn't boring. Math is boring because the teachers want to teach you the equations. History is boring because teachers want to teach you the wars. But when you combine them and compare and cntrast the differences between why and how, it brings to light an entirely new understanding to the connection between Math, Science, History, and religion.
rcmastah chapter 41 . 3/3