Reviews for Rise Above It
Miss Millie chapter 3 . 5/20
Hello,
I really liked your story, I'm not one to say you got this wrong or why didn't you do it like the original story? I'm only frustrated if I get halfway and find out its not a H&G story! I'm such a fan. I just don't want to wast my time on other ships or gay Harry!or female Harrys! I have so little time to read, so why wast it! I'm sure othe, story's are good too, but thanks for the ride I would love to read about the other years if you write them. Good luck with all you do.
Rose099 chapter 3 . 5/6
Update
BlossomMM00 chapter 3 . 5/5
I absolutely love this story line, maybe even better than the original.
nayin1704 chapter 3 . 12/5/2016
Looking forward to your update
nayin1704 chapter 2 . 12/5/2016
Oh love the prank and I'm so mad at the prat Ron and the hateful annoying bookworm
nayin1704 chapter 1 . 12/5/2016
Love stories where Harry and Ginny started their friendship early. I'm loving this more 'coz it seems you don't like the hateful annoying bookworm too
stars90 chapter 3 . 8/1/2016
This is great work. I love the story you're building and what you're doing with all of the characters. Please, I'd love to see where you take this.
SarahOlivier chapter 1 . 7/15/2016
I agree with Ron and Hermione. They are not good friends A real friend would encourage you to do better and wouldn't get mad if you do good, a real friend would let you have more friends and wouldn't get jealous. A real friend would believe you and wouldn't be a jerk about it.
GUEST chapter 3 . 5/19/2016
Please continue with this story, I really like it and I want to know what happens to Harry and Ginny.
slytherclaw7 chapter 3 . 4/18/2016
I love this story. I absolutely share your opinions of Ron and Hermione. Keep it up! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Kitty279 chapter 3 . 4/7/2016
Molly annoyed the heck out of me here (well, nothing new there, I admit freely that I am not a Molly fan!). That howler was idiotic and cruel, and she didn't just scold the boys, but humilate and blame Ginny publicly, too. That woman needs a reality check and to learn that airing the dirty laundry publicly at full volume is NOT going to do anything than make things worse!

Glad to see that Pomfrey actually tried to help Harry; even without any obvious scars, a medically trained person should notice that there is something wrong with him. Of course the MOB would refuse to listen; they need a way to get him out of the way for that.

Nice solution to get a psychologist there for Harry and Ginny. And Poppy can use the help, no doubt. Dumbledore really shouldn't be allowed around a school, seeing how he keeps blocking every single sensible solution.

I like the idea how to get rid of that Potions non-teacher :)

Would it surprise you to hear that I completely agree with Sophia about Dumbledore?

Anyway, I like this story and hope you are going to continue it.
Kitty279 chapter 2 . 4/7/2016
Argh, I so wanted to slap Ron and Hermione silly. Both. Of all the idiotic things they could say, they chose the most idiotic to hurt Harry and Ginny and drive a wedge between them and Harry. I am glad Harry told them off, then went after Ginny, and that these two trusted the twins.

While the signs were indeed a bit cruel, somehow I can't find it in me to feel too sorry for Ron and Hermione. And the four conspirators proved that pranking can be funny.

As for what McGonagall said, I never saw the Marauders that much as bullies, but rather suspect they targeted the Slytherin bullies. From the bit we know, they were rather cruel themselves, after all. Oh well, to each their own.

So McGonagall knew about the map? Interesting :) And she told Harry more, yay! That might lead to them finding out the truth earlier, and in a way that allows them to clear Sirius' name! Which would be great, of course.

Anyway, I like the way Harry becomes closer to McGonagall and is finally able to talk about things with at least one person more adult than Hermione and the others.

Hm ... McGonagall did guess a lot of the truth on very little evidence, but it's good to see that at least one magical person has common sense :P
Kitty279 chapter 1 . 4/7/2016
While I am generally not a Harry/Ginny fan, I actually like this so far a lot. The way the two are bonding over their shared nightmares is believable.

Harry's attempt to find help from McGonagall was interesting and led to him finally stopping to hold back, which can only be good. Let's see what Ron and Hermione have to say - I can't see them being very happy, particularly Ron.

When Harry took the Slytherin's reasons for their behaviour apart, I was nodding along. That exactly is the problem! Snape is actively firing up the rivalry and enmity, which he as a teacher should never do. Plus, the way he keeps the important facts from the students says a lot about his character.

Hermione left me rolling my eyes. I am sure she did read in some book that Slytherins are all evil, so it has to be true. To believe that Harry is turning dark just because he is getting over the stupid prejudices ... well, that doesn't exactly show her as overly open-minded and smart, either. To get Ron, who will surely blow up, is such an idiotic move. I don't think Harry will take their interference well, either.
mdauben chapter 3 . 3/31/2016
This is an interesting story. I like the way you've had Harry seek help for himself and ginny
femalefarrier chapter 3 . 2/7/2016
Please keep going loving the story