Reviews for Quackers
g6hj chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
Hmmm - calls up some rather humiliating childhood memories of family reunions. ;)
Coriandra chapter 1 . 5/9/2004
Aw poor Frodo! That must have been so humiliating for him! I even felt kind of sorry for Lobelia. Great story though. Thanks for giving something to laugh about during an otherwise boring day.
Baxley chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
I've not read you before but I am printing out this story. I collect LOTR stories but I like them to be believable. If your stories are good enough I'll add you to my list. But so far it looks very good.
Mizu-Bozu chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
this is so cute and funny you should write something equally as embaressing about Samwise
Katani Petitedra chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
OMG, that is the funniest LOTR story I have ever read! You should make more chapters, maybe where Frodo gets Pippin back by telling everyone else embarrassing stories about him.
Aubrey chapter 1 . 1/19/2003
That was sooo cute! Lobelia DESERVED it! Totally, super cute. I bet Primula made Frodo the blue suit to go with his eyes.
Pseudonym Sylphmuse chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
Oh that was funny! Poor Frodo and Estel looks like everyone has a rather bad day themselves.
Tathar chapter 1 . 11/21/2002
I'm sorry I didn't review this sooner! It's nice to see Frodo well for once, although of course I always enjoy your h/c. :) Aunt Dora is actually quite loveable, though I certainly felt sympathy for poor Frodo! Your wording is always wonderful, and I especially loved ". . .just as the young hobbit attempted to unobtrusively lick a bit of mashed potato from one finger, blue eyes returning the look rather as a startled fawn might." Adorable!

As a side note, I wondered if you've had any success in the getting the FrodoHealers group out of the adult section? I would not wish to lie about my age, but I would love to join the group. Thanks, and I eagerly await more from you!
Elf of Sirannon chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
lol, I love the author's note at the end.
Floria Tosca chapter 1 . 11/18/2002
You got my review on LJ, but I'd just like to say it again- this is wonderful. The scribe's notes were a great touch. I'd like to hear some of the other characters' embarassing old family stories- Elrond's tale, and I'm sure that Galadriel has a few choice tales of her grand-daughter's exploits as a wee elf.

Embarassed Frodo can be so darn cute ;)
rufferto chapter 1 . 11/18/2002
Awwwwwww. Sniffle. So cute. Poor Frodo, all embarrsed. I like the ending with the switch to Minas Tirith. Very nice! V. well done as always!

Hehe, soda crackers. I must remember this.

amc623 chapter 1 . 11/18/2002
OMG! This was sweet and *funny*!

Quackers! Hahahaha...

I'm still laughing. Yeah, it is a nice change that you wrote something where Frodo was well throughout the whole story. This was great!

Rose Cotton chapter 1 . 11/17/2002
The story itself had me laughing.

The scribe's notes, however, had me falling off my chair in hysterics.

This is great!
Eileen chapter 1 . 11/17/2002
Oh, how cute! Take that, Lobelia! Nasty old witch deserves it! ;)
Pansy Chubb chapter 1 . 11/17/2002
A nice little story, and so well written. I enjoyed your little bit at the end about the Red Book.