Reviews for The Care and Feeding of Hobbits
Rebell chapter 12 . 4/7
Ahhhh, this is so lovely! I adore Boromir and his hobbits even at the worst of times, and so this was like rolling around in utter joy.
thingsthatmakeme chapter 5 . 3/5
Dear sweet greatness - this is glorious! There is definitely not enough friendship fics out there in the LOTR fanfic realm, but this here is GOLDEN. Kudos to you - I can't wait to read more!
I think this is one of the best chapters yet- it really showcases the difference between Boromir, who was always pessimistic, or realistic, and the hobbits. Although I would shift this to a couple days after they arrive in Lorien, since Frodo at least definitely was not up to this level of celebration of Gandalf's death the first night.
Fan of Baylor chapter 3 . 1/24
wow, it takes serious talent to turn haircuts into an adorable fic! And your lessons of hobbit social rules fit in there perfectly. I love how they live by the rules, but also don't at times (interacting with Sam, for example). And the fact NOBODY wants Pippin to have the scissors:D
Fan of Baylor chapter 2 . 1/24
My head hurts...
fan of Baylor chapter 1 . 1/24
I think JRRT never goes into enough detail about Boromir and other Men's reaction to the hobbits. So joyful, when Men have been in a warrior mindset for generations. Even waking one up is different! Thanks for writing this!
Brievel chapter 12 . 4/10/2015
I think this was my favorite chapter of this entire priceless story. :)
Brievel chapter 3 . 4/10/2015
So sweet, by far my favorite LotR fic I've ever dared to read. :)
guest chapter 11 . 11/20/2014
Great stories. They made me smile
Tandy Sandman chapter 12 . 11/16/2014
Abolutely beautiful. I throughly enjoyed it. Can't wait to read more! Thank you for sharing.
Light on the Horizon chapter 12 . 9/18/2014
Fantastic story!
Eregnar chapter 8 . 4/30/2014
I will treasure the mental image of Gandalf playing with tiny Pippin for a long time.

The Hobbits' reaction to grief reminds me of the funerals I've been to with my church family. Other denominations hold funerals, with speeches and rituals and tears, and we have all of that too, but more than anything, Quaker funerals, at least in my Yearly Meeting, are a celebration of life. It goes very well towards helping the healing process, gathering for a meal to talk and laugh, and remember our loved ones with joy, and look forward to seeing them again.
Eregnar chapter 7 . 4/30/2014
And now I want to hug everyone in the Fellowship.
Eregnar chapter 3 . 4/30/2014
This is very cute. All of your chapters are cute. I can't stop grinning for the life of me!
Eregnar chapter 2 . 4/30/2014
I just realized how inbred hobbits are, particularly the Tooks and Brandybucks... No wonder they're getting to be a little bit crazy.