Reviews for Ulmo's Song
Gilthoniel chapter 1 . 12/17/2003
I love Ulmo, and it's about time someone wrote about his being without a companion and all. You did a great job on this, especially decribing his grief. I almost cried reading this! 'Course, that's cause I'm sentimental when it comes to my favorite Valar...anyway, wonderfully written, dahling.
..."His sadness can be heard in the crashing of the sea, that is ever forlorn, the endless smashing of the surf, his impotent rage. "
Huinesoron chapter 1 . 10/15/2003
Aw . . . that's so sweet!

And no, I'm not trying to be patronising. I never thought about Ulmo that way. Maybe that's why he talks to the Noldor so much?

EldarWannabe chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
I read all your reveiws. Your fans seem to beleive you incapable of spewing crap onto the computer screen. I must agree. You do not write crap. And you do not post anything remotely bad (or something that gets lost in the black hole(s) of your notebooks) So read it and smile, you're a much better writer then you give yourself credit for.

(Although if you just stuch the crap line there for some fan encouragment and ego-boosting, it certainly worked)
Nenya Kanadka chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
*thwaps Thalia for calling the story crap*

Sweetie, that was gorgeous. Nobody writes about the individual Valar, and they should. I liked the first part better (before you started talking about how sad he was being alone), but that's probably just me. I always think of him as being sort of a strong-loner type to whom it didn't occur to need/want a partner, but your take is moving as well. I really, really like the fact that he loves Elves and Men and was the only one of the Valar who never quite forsook them during the whole long fight with Morgoth.

*gives Thalia lots of chocolate and mint tea* Excellent, my fellow SNAOLer!
Klose chapter 1 . 3/20/2003
It isn't crap! It's sort of like a tone poem... I liked it! Had a bit of a Silmarillion feel to it, so to speak. But could you change "babbling of streams" to something else, like, I don't know, trickling? Babbling seems so... blah. (Of course, you don't have to take my word on it).
Pocky King Windy chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
Right, I'll get down to return a review.

Whoa, c'mon, you sound even more masochistic than I do! ; No, not crap, okay? Anyways, this was good. Ulmo the looooonely. ;_; He should get a teddy-bear. Y'know, when I was little, I hugged a teddy-bear. It was pink. XD

I'll quit being stupid now. You like the Ocean Lord one whole lot, don't you? It's good. Most people just keep their eyes on Legolas, I still like it, but hey, I'm a disillutioned dude. XD

One way to improve this? ; Make it looooooonger! Put in Manweeeeeeeeeee. ;_;
Sunsong chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
Crap? *sighs* I really wish I'd written this...Ulmo is definitely one of my favorites, thank you for doing him justice.
arabella thorne chapter 1 . 11/18/2002
Oh hardly utter crap my dear...poetry is poetry and the images and the singing flow in this..its a heartfelt effort and it are not being snide or was very moving and lonely it easily reflects your mood the day you wrote this.. not sell yourself short..if you were not moved to would be doing something else...this is just another way of singing
PinkMartini chapter 1 . 11/17/2002
I can sense the adoration you have for the Lord of Waters. ;) And you should bite your tongue for saying that your story is 'sheer, utter crap'. I thought it was quite lovely! My hat off to thee for a well written chapter.
Chiad chapter 1 . 11/17/2002
Hi Thalia!

I have to disagree with you! This is not crap!

It is a well written, spell/grammer-checked, very lovely fic.

I found it a little short, but only because I wish there was more!
morchaint chapter 1 . 11/17/2002
wow, this is not crap. This was excellent, very well done. Glad to see another fic featuring one of the Valar, personally, I like Mandos, but Ulmo is next.

I think there are only 3 Ulmo fics on this site...probably more though.

Keep up the great work! The world needs more of the Valar.