Reviews for A Demon Lord's Hero
Lake Shell chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
The story so far is, in a word, refreshing. I'm pretty picky about what I read in that if I feel the story is too overused, too predictable, or if the author is trying too hard to be different/unpredictable, I usually stop reading. In my book, at least, this story is easily a masterpiece.

So please make sure you finish it or i'll hunt you down and make you. :D

BTW, what happened to Ilya? Since, apparently, Shirou is now in a different dimension I'm guessing that Ilya was either left behind while Serafall took Shirou, as they had agreed upon, or she's with them but just not yet revealed to the public as a whole. Just a guess but I'm still curious since I can totally see Shirou leaving Ilya, him not wanting her to be involved with the deal or his new life with a devil in any way, just as much as I can see him taking her with him to make sure she's safe, just keeping her out of the way of the devils.

On another note, I completely agree with what you said at the end of the first chapter. Reincarnating a character that is overpowered a hundred times over using only a pawn or two, even if it is a mutation piece, is, in my opinion, absolute c***/s***/whatever you wanna call it.

I mean, I understand Issei being reincarnated with pawns, even if it took a lot of them. He is, essentially, absolutely weak, but his Sacred Gear is similar to pawn promotion in that he can obtain power-ups in the middle of the battle. But to reincarnate someone who is already powerful using just pawns seems like an insult to them.

By the way, you might want to go over your work before posting it or having someone proof-read it. Asides from a few misspelled words (grammar is more or less good), there were more than a few instances where words were completely missing. Such as... "Sona's blush only deepened under the force of my incredulous _ despite the rest..."

I'm fairly sure a lot of people would fill in the blank without even realizing the word was missing. Me almost being one of them.

Anyway, it's a pretty lengthy review so I hope you don't mind. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter. Not bad for a first fic.
Aetemus chapter 2 . 9/23/2014
Queen of Swords - well, looks like Archer's had the last laugh, even if Shirou had bested him during the last Grail War.

Regarding your AN, I'd like to categorically state that this is MOST definitely NOT rubbish. You've taken great effort in attempting to write a truly original story - one free of all the horrible cliches present in almost every fanfic in this category ( e.g. protagonist-utterly-nerfed-then-pwned-by-Raynare cliche or the happy-to-serve-as-Rias's-slave - after a nice hypocritical speech on how much the House of Gremory love their servants ).

That Shirou is in Serafell's peerage only adds even more possibilities to this story, allowing you to write entirely original story arcs that need not have anything to do with Rias and Co.

You could probably get a beta and fix some of the grammatical and spelling errors I've seen in the first two chapters ('angel' being misspelled as 'angle'), but other than that, you're doing fine for now.
HolyKnight5 chapter 1 . 9/23/2014
Knowing things. Expect a few months until Ilya/Rin/Sakura summons another of the Maou and gets herself turned into a Devil. Seriously... Could imagine the riot with those girls pursuing Shirou and joining the mess in the underworld?
sdarkd1 chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
awesome story!
more chapters plz _
drinkmusic chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
This is a gem not garbage! You should definitely continue this story.
TeiKEY-SaMa chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
Who would consider this work of art as a garbage. This is so original and the last part in chapter two made me laugh seriously "Queen of Swords' hahaha. The only thing that is disappointing in this story is that chapter 3 is not real a chapter but still thanks for the info. By the way will Illya appear in this story and also I didn't think I will find another person who likes HS DxD fanfics and crossovers and is not a fan of the actual series. Keep up the good work and Looking forward to the next chapter
DPSS chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
This is good, really good. So good I'm tempted to add it to my favourites after only one real chapter.
I only have three questions. The first is, what happened to Illya? I mean, Shirou sold his soul so she could live so what happened to her? Did she come along and joined Serafell's peerage, did she join Shirou's peerage, did she come along and remained a human or did she stay in the Nasuverse? Second is, can Shirou Trace Holy Swords? And if he can will they affect him negatively? And finaly, is Shirou technicaly an Average Queen plus UBW or is he much stronger acording to your stats?
SteelBound chapter 2 . 9/23/2014
Well except for spelling errors and missing words, this fic is solid and good.

But I am wondering what happened to Caladbolg II? I am pretty sure he didn't get rid of it after showing it off.

Also, Serafall has only one known member in her peerage, and it is Behemoth. Are you discarding him?

I personally hope you don't bring in anymore FSN characters. Unless, they are just some mooks to be trampled on. And don't turn this into a harem. I am more interested in the adventure, action and humor.

Keep up the good work!
DPSS chapter 2 . 9/23/2014
Shirou, since I'm a nice guy I'll give you an advice. If Serafell bothers you about a theme song again just tell her you already have one. Heck, it's not like your lying to her because, I mean, EMIYA (for the record, I mean the song not the Servant)!
Kinunatzs The Eternal chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
Well the Info is logical and informative anyway nice chapter
13thsephiroth chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
This is if not the best one of the better written FSN/DXD fics keep it up hope you finish this and quality doesn't fall.
Kinunatzs The Eternal chapter 2 . 9/23/2014
Very interesting fic and with Shirou's level of Magical Power shouldn't he have a Magic Resistance Higher than Saber? also Shirou's Traced NP's is understandable and nice and with Shirou\s extensive use of his Reality Marble shouldn't his skin covered in very small Swords form like a Chain Mail making his skin more durable to Piercing, Slashing and Magic?

And which Shirou is this? and does this mean that Shirou can trace the Excalibur? and what happen to the Avalon? and it's nice that your using Serafall rather than the Clinch Joining Rias peerage anyway nice chapter and more please
Alemmis chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
This I like. Granted, you have Gabriel Blessing style oddities and fannon, or small shades there of. Now don't get me wrong, he is a great writer, but Shirou (or anyone from F/SN) doesn't do things like curse by the root or a number of other things he has those characters do or not do. Shirou has complete use (or near it when he gets enough prana) of his reality marble after the Unlimited Blade Works route and he has the complete skills (but not stats) of the wielder(s) of whatever weapon he traces. Thankfully you haven't nerfed Shirou in this manner but I fear you will more and more each time I see him swearing by the root -_-;; Check (and the you tube play through of the game) to help avoid fannon but realize the site isn't perfect since it is a wiki. Otherwise I love this.
Frozin Joker chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
Keep going. I am enjoy in this story immensely.
withdranwnmadness000 chapter 3 . 9/23/2014
DUDE! this fic made my day that i cried rivers( i was so bored and other stuff happened). this, this author is just so beautiful. i have some questions though

1. what happened to Illya? shouldnt she be there or what? she would make a fine bishop for future reference.

2. i feel like im forcing you when i ask this so for that i am eternally sorry if this question causes you to rethink on things making it more difficult. is this a single pairing or a harem? im really sorry for asking this but i had to ask, if its any consolation im crying because im asking this to you cause i felt extremely bad.

3. would shirou be the only peerage member for a long length of time or just short?

anyway thats it, beautiful piece of work here. keep it up
7,211 | « Prev Page 1 .. 470 477 478 479 480 481 Next »