Reviews for First Yule Alone
storylover18 chapter 10 . 10/19/2011
This was really good. I love the idea of Frodo having to adjust to life on his own and being sick is one of those things we all must learn to deal with. Very well written :)
Zelda12343 chapter 10 . 10/28/2010
Very good pre-FOTR examining the relationship of the Hero of the Ring and his loyal companion! I hope you write more in this vein.
Larner chapter 10 . 3/18/2009
Very nice. So many of these stories appear to go on too long, if you know what I mean. One girl had Frodo in the Houses of Healing for weeks, going through so many unlikely complications it was almost an afterthought to allow him to get well! By the time he got out I bet Eomer had returned from Rohan to fetch away Theoden's body! Heh! A miserable stay for Frodo in Gondor, that one.

Still haven't found any of the other Frodo-with-wings stories-I do want to check those out!
Larner chapter 9 . 3/18/2009
Poor Sam has it now, then? Ah, dear! But Frodo know how to manage him!
Larner chapter 8 . 3/17/2009
Excellent.
Larner chapter 7 . 3/17/2009
I think I might have read this years ago, when it was written, about the time I was becoming interested in fanfic myself. The situation, particularly the arrival of Hamfast, certainly seems familiar.

Poor Frodo-very ill, I know, and needing some serious nursing!
Larner chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
Ah, good-he has found him, I hope! Poor Frodo-so sick!
Larner chapter 5 . 3/17/2009
It was an image he rather needed, I think.
Larner chapter 4 . 3/17/2009
A great disappointment for Merry. I almost hope he decides to talk someone into taking him to Hobbiton!
Larner chapter 3 . 3/17/2009
Sounds as if he has a terrible case of the flu! Poor lad indeed. And hope someone comes to take him in hand!
Larner chapter 2 . 3/17/2009
The poor lad! And he'll have to fend for himself? What a way to spend Yule!
Larner chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
Sounds as if he's taken a chill! Poor lad-what a thing to do when he'd hoped to be in Buckland tomorrow!
KeiraAchiOkanabe chapter 2 . 7/25/2006
Love fics like this. Don't know why, just do. Thanks!
Anawey chapter 10 . 6/3/2006
Aw! First i felt bad for Frodo, Then I thought he *was* going to end up with pneumonia, and now, well, Sam's gonna be fine so, nice story, by the way. I like it.
Golden Elf chapter 10 . 9/14/2004
I just discovered this story and loved it. How wonderful for Frodo to have someone take care of him. Yes, I know there are a ton of "Frodo is ill" stories out there, but this one was very touching and well written. Thanks!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »