Reviews for OSaBC : And Then There Were None
Feline Evolutionary Dead End chapter 40 . 2/26
[MASSIVE SPOILERS IN THIS REVIEW]

I'm mostly going to try and focus on 36 & beyond as I said I would in the Discord server. I enjoyed how you handled matters so much better than in Mass Effect 2. In particular I loved the political machinations that drove this event to occur in the background. It didn't feel like narrative fatalism where it happens exactly as it does in the canon because you say so. Everything felt like it fell into place, part of a larger puzzle with political and personal motivations driving the engine for her to be set up and killed, a culmination of plot threads and developments and not her just so happening to be in the area a Collector ship splatters her and the Normandy across time and space.

How everyone reacted to the event gave weight to the impact of her demise as well. Her marriage and bond with Liara, and how much of an impact she had for her friends, family, crew members, and even the wider SA itself. Jiong's part for some reason resonated with me the most. I feel that it's because even with his conditions and restrains he still struggles so much to accept her demise and blames himself for it. A far cry from who he was in the end of the first story.

The fight to retrieve Shepard's body was executed well, Omega was worse than I could have expected, to the point where I think that entire station needs to see the Light of the Bringer from XV to save their souls. It was interesting to see why they fear Aria and the other warlords so much too, how Omega operates, how it functions in the state it does and what kind of leader Aria is.

And you know what? I KNEW they were going to get Shepard's body back... but I'm still very concerned about the implications of everything. With everything you've built about cybernetics, how awful they are for the body, anti-rejection drugs, cancer all but guaranteed, God knows what it does to one's psychological state, the state Shepard's body's in alongside what happened to her friends to get her corpse, what may happen to Liara in the interim period, and more deeply concerns me.

She's probably going to end up having as much if not more Blueware than Tazzik or Tetrimus and it concerns me what THAT is going to do to her already obliterated body and awful mental state.

I greatly dislike doing reviews where I give nothing but near cult like praise of something but I really don't have anything major or even minor I can really think of to complain about. At least for the final parts of the story. Soooo, yeah... that was a wild ride.
Sadogo chapter 40 . 1/19
Once again, this was truly an amazing read. In terms of writing skill I'd say this was definitely better than the un-updated parts of OSaBC. That makes me really excited to continue on with this journey and read as you grow in skill. I'm not nearly a talented enough writer to feel comfortable critiquing anything here, I just wanted to say once again thank you for all your time and effort. These are dark and wonderful stories and they fill my days with much wanted and needed emotion.
YeeeCawww chapter 32 . 4/24/2020
Knowing Shepard is going to die at some point in the next eight chapters is TENSE
Ravenant chapter 23 . 2/29/2020
The part where Joker mentions that Engineer Casey made everyone on engineering to start saying seen, made me think about the engies making routine maintenance of the Kazan. Everyone would be standing on structure beams or pipes with mag-boots or hunched down into an open panel, and they would be screaming "SEEN" like seagulls instead of talking, creeping the fuck out of anyone who goes down into Engineering only to have everyone look at them and start shouting "SEEN" angrily.
Ravenant chapter 15 . 2/28/2020
Loved the Undisputed reference with Dragunov being the most complete fighter the SA ever produced
BlindFox455 chapter 35 . 2/20/2020
Again, this chapter is so powerful, so visceral in its conveyance of pain and sadness and rage and loss, there is nothing else like it I have ever read. You're writing sends shivers down my spine and captivates me, capturing my imagination.
Frosty Wolf chapter 40 . 9/21/2019
And so we reach the end. Our heroes have been bloodied and broken, in many ways more-so than they were in canon, but like Shepard many of them will rise from the ashes. Sadly we're also reminded that this isn't a story with much plot protection. Shields is gone, and I'm sorry to see her go. Thane might be too, not sure about him since he didn't get a follow-up.

Have to say though, P. is an interesting villain. I get kind of a Turian Joker vibe from him, only with better resources and combat ability. I'm actually looking forward to seeing him again. Then on a less amusing note you have Hades, who seem to be taking the place of the more evil Cerberus from Mass Effect 3. Can't imagine what kind of messed up things we'll see from them here. Seems like a lot of warlords here though, but I guess you don't necessarily have to hold much territory to count.

Now its onto the next tale. One almost three-hundred thousand words longer than this one and apparently not finished yet. Very promising!
Frosty Wolf chapter 35 . 9/14/2019
Well we all knew it was coming, now here it is. Knowing that she'll be making a comeback makes it less sad though. On us anyway, not on her friends. Their emotions here are a lot rawer than they were in the game. Of course, we didn't see their reactions until two years later so that makes sense. I can't imagine what it'll do to Liara with the bond they have here.

Just a few more chapters.
Frosty Wolf chapter 31 . 9/11/2019
A dramatic end to the mission. I'm surprised that Balak survived, honestly, though I doubt we'll see him again. I also doubt he'll take it well that the emperors position is now more secure than it was before all this started.

The emperor is probably going to be a serious problem when we reach the story equivalent of Mass Effect 3. Though maybe not a problem for Shepard if the Leviathan are more focused on fighting the Reapers than them. That's still a long way off though.

One last arc, then it's time for the next story! A perk of playing catch up is not having to wait for updates.
Frosty Wolf chapter 28 . 9/9/2019
So the Zaeed in this world built a new group instead of going solo and chasing revenge on his former partner, good for him. Meanwhile Shepard got to put her improved skills to the test. I'll be honest, I barely remember the DLC this arc seems to be based on, but I'm still looking forward to reading the rest of it.
Frosty Wolf chapter 24 . 9/7/2019
Vigil and Maxwell, two very dangerous and messed up people. Vigil's backstory certainly highlighted how dangerous the Reapers here are though, makes their canon counterparts seem like a joke. Curious to see how the alliance with him goes.

Maxwell's comment about Harper being the businessman equivalent of Shepard was funny though, not totally wrong either.
Frosty Wolf chapter 21 . 9/1/2019
Well if nothing else, Shepards wedding was memorable. More seriously, these are the kinds of memories that Shepard will need to stay sane when things go bad again. she doesn't have many like them to fall back on.

Meanwhile the Broker continues his escape plans, and his backstory suggests this one won't be defeated as easily as he was in the games. Makes for a more interesting character though. Same with Kuril, I think this one a lot better than the shortsighted imbecile from canon.
Frosty Wolf chapter 13 . 8/18/2019
Ahern is a badass, but I respect him more for being willing to admit when he's in the wrong. And that he's willing to call out people like Anderson who were supposed to be on Shepard's side, but didn't really help her. Even if I doubt Shepard will ever see Anderson in anything less than a great light.
Quintyss chapter 13 . 8/8/2019
Ahern's realization 4 weeks into training... good job. I cried like a baby. Finally there is someone who 'gets' her and I truly hope he can help her. Not in just slowing the train wreck Shep became, but in finding out who was behind her becoming a weapon and why. Great story!
GreenMasks chapter 40 . 1/19/2019
The book that answers a lot of questions!