Reviews for Sun Over the Mountains
sitarra chapter 1 . 11/5/2007
I LOVED this! I've only recently really discovered my love of Gladiator (and ultimately the pair of Lucilla/Maximus) and this was certainly the right choice for my first story to read.

Jennifer
sKribe chapter 1 . 6/18/2007
Wonderful! Sometimes its easy to forget that Lucilla has her strong moments equal to Maximus. Maybe you can do an after shot? Again, well done
ACMD chapter 1 . 12/7/2005
Wow, that was absolutely beautiful. One line that especially jumped out at me was this: 'Am I selfish to take this moment, to press and dry it like a rose and cling to it forever?' Gorgeous imagery all throughout, and very accurately depicted, i like the addition of the archaic names of kindoms. Extremely well written, filled with emotions, and excellent chracter portrayal. I truly enjoyed it, thank you for a great read :)
Shadow131 chapter 1 . 8/27/2004
That was a very nice take on how they met. It's never really clearly defined, and that's about as good as any other one I've read.
Alien Outcast chapter 1 . 6/22/2003
oh that was sad! I think maybe Maximus would have been the voice of reason, not b/c he's the hero or anything, but b/c Commodus said to Lucilla, "He wounded you deeply, didn't he?" But then again, she said something along the lines that they wounded each other. Either way, I liked your take on their relationship, and that they parted for the benefit of a happier future.
Catcher-in-the-Rye chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
There is a fascinating beauty to your story - almost simple, yet elegant. Wonderful.
gem girl chapter 1 . 2/20/2003
Wow. I almost cried. it takes a lot for me to cry. You always gave me 'constructive criticism' in your reviews and i appreciate that. But this-this absolutely divine fan fiction is why I spend my nights reading fan fics. I love every thing, the description, the dialogue, the similes, and diction, it is fantastic. This is probably the best, most well-written fan fic I have ever read, and I admire you greatly. I love how I can picture everything in my mind, and feel like I am experiencing it too. You have a gift, or at least a very fine-tuned hobby talent. Cheers and please write another, because there are so few Maximus/Lucilla fanfics out there worth reading. Thank you, for putting forth so much effort and writing an unbelievable fan fic.
Kate Swynford chapter 1 . 1/6/2003
Thank you for this beautiful story. It's one of the best I've read about Maximus and Lucilla. You captured them both very well - I loved the way it was Lucilla who finally had to make the decision. I always thought that Maximus was more likely to act on impulse and think with his heart. The story is also very well-written. "Am I selfish to take this moment, to press and dry it like a rose and cling to it forever?" - really beautiful piece of writing.

One little word of criticism, however - the switching between the POVs is a little bit confusing in the beginning. It's not Lucilla - Maximus - Lucilla - Maximus, but rather L - M -M- L and so on. But that's a very little thing, don't mind it. The story is wonderful. You should write more for this fandom.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
Hello! I always like to review the sotries i read, i know how fristrating it can get otherwise. lets see... well written, and you captured Maximus pretty well, i think. i just watched the movie today. anyway, good job and keep up the good work!
gemgirl chapter 1 . 11/24/2002
Oh my gaw...this is so good...I really like how you didn't put the blame on anybody, they just split...I always saw it that way...This is soooooooo good...I can't describe how good it is!
Ilaria chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
Lovely little piece! Well done! :-))
Lestatian chapter 1 . 11/19/2002
Wow...this was very good. Very real dialogue, I can just imagine them behaving like this. Excellent.
DNA chapter 1 . 11/18/2002
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I hope this review isn't too long, but, oh !;)...i honestly have been waiting FOREVER for another piece of gladiator-writing from you!;)...and I LOVED THIS! I'm not sure how you manage to capture these characters just the way I'd see them. Your dialogue is so clean, and the mood resonant with the "bittersweet kiss of star-crossed love", as they say;) And you portray these two so naturally-no overly sopped-up lines, no unusual betrayals. Just two people whose lives came together (in love), with disparate duties to the same Empire. Honestly though, I think I loved your depiction of Lucilla the best. She is noble, strong, intelligent, and loyal...most of all, though, human. I like very much (and i'm sure i'll not be the only one);)...PLEASE keep writing more Gladiator stuff!;) THis was really

beeaaa-ooo-ttt-iii-ffulll;)
Maxine chapter 1 . 11/18/2002
Hey, very nice story! I like the switching of perspectives from Max to Luclla and back. Good story.