Reviews for Against the Odds
Hz chapter 1 . 3/24/2020
Cool idea are you ever going to continue
Guest chapter 1 . 1/29/2020
Please continue!
Kiomori chapter 1 . 1/7/2018
I enjoyed the start of this story and hope you end up posting the rest! I'm glad Kash was rescued and look forward to what he does in Hoenn. I liked your take on Team Rocket too. I'm sure once they remember Kash they'll probably want to go find him.

I hope you post the next chapter and I will be looking forward to it!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/18/2017
The coloring changes also make sense in ALL the clones, because a staple of actual cloning sciences is that exact 100% copied DNA isn't stable, so successful clones are at least ever so slightly different - Kash's coloring is actually vaguely albino. In real life they've cloned cats, and despite how carefully accurate the process is often the coloring comes out different - be it subtly or obviously, the patterns at least aren't a match. Add to that the portion of the machines that were meant to i/improve/i on the existing structures...

On one hand, I'd rather do something clever with an Ash-clone's new name, like "Cinder" or something similarly i/related/i to the "ash" but not sounding exactly the same. On the other hand, Kash has all of Ash's memories up until partway through the adventure where he was born, and taking his last initial and adding it to his first name to create "Kash" is i/exactly/i the sort of naming Ash would come up with. He lacks "nicknames" for most of his Pokemon-friends for a i/reason/i. XD

Poor Kash, he has even more of certain troubles than his original, and at the moment none of the support system. Though he's already making new friends, which is a good start, especially if he gets a hold of a device with a phone function and i/uses/i it, unlike Ash. It'd be nice to actually see someone following up on the cool shit they're supposed to be capable of instead of mostly forgetting or ignoring it a week later. With Ash's potential abilities deliberately expanded in his creation, Kash likely won't have that luxury.
Now I'm looking forward to Kash getting a chance to put that boosted ability to use to punch Mewtwo int he face next time they meet.
Just the once, for creating him then stranding him with not even the friendly "enemies" who had discovered him aware of his existence. Accident or no, that was a very extra sucky day. Birthday, even, as Kash definitely remembers birthdays and their significance.
Though if we assume the Clones i/do/i remember everything, I wonder how that Pikachu-2 dealt with that brief glimpse? Did it slip under all the other events of that day to be mostly forgotten, did he even realize that that boy was also a fellow clone? Will he be dreaming of his own could-have-been partner and best friend, not knowing where the oddly-colored image came from because the clones were a little bit zombie-ish at first so he maybe barely was able to absorb that glimpse?

Ooo, I don't remember if I ever saw the second Mewtwo movie, but if both Ash and his friends, AND the JJM Team Rocket get their memories of the first one back? Jesse, James, and Meowth remembering Kash exists? They'd be wrecks soon enough worrying if they don't say anything right away, as it sinks in that the island was left abandoned and no one knew of the kid's existence to help him off it, or to start anew since he had no identity or support but his memories from Ash. I think the second movie was supposed to be at least a year or more after the first, so add the worry that the poor kid's been on his own for at least that long, that he might never have gotten OFF the island...
I can't help imagining them nervously shuffling up to Ash and co. and Mewtwo and choking out "There's a problem you clearly haven't discovered yet."
And when they get baffled responses, or flailing, or suspicious grumping, another blurts out "There's one more clone!"
Cue confusion, maybe a demand to "Explain!"
"On the island, when the fight started, we found one who didn't join the fight. He isn't here so you probably missed him when everyone left!"
"And i/why/i wouldn't I have brought even a skittish, non-violent clone with us?"
"Because he's a twerp, not a pokemon!"

I can't help but think that if the JJM Team Rocket had remembered the Island they would have taken the Twerp-Two with them and tried to help him get set up with a new identity, at least. They may be bad guys but they have good hearts.
creativesm75 chapter 1 . 4/12/2017
Poor kash... he should have at least a pokemon with him and... I don't know how to make the special e...
secretwhovianpony chapter 1 . 10/11/2016
He looks like Bakura from 'Yu-Gi-Oh'. *sweatdrop*
Rogue Leader Solo chapter 1 . 5/1/2016
You have the beginings of what looks to be a most interesting story here. If Ash and Kash meet, will they have conflict? (either by training ideals or simply due to the fact that Kash is revealed to be Ash's clone (humorously exposed by Jesse, James, and Meowth, perhaps?)) Or will they never meet? A reunion with Mewtwo during the Mt Quena movie would be interesting as if revealed to be a clone of Ash, it might set Team Rocket after him as well as the government due to him being a successful human clone, maybe even have Ash or Deliah go after him. And what would Mewtwo think as he would technically be Kash's father? And are you going to have Kash paired with anybody? I think that it would be humerous for people of the Hoenn region to constantly compare Ash to Kash when he gets there (and even moreso when Kash is deemed "better" by everyone (gym leaders, elite 4, etc.) You have so many directions this story can take. Please update this story soon
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 1 . 1/18/2016
Would love more on this:)
Lord Geovanni chapter 1 . 1/15/2016
Interesting story. I hope that you manage to continue it sometime. I would love to see Ash meet Kash and the interactions between them would be hilarious.
xXKingXx chapter 1 . 3/3/2015
UPDATE THIS STORY PLEASE
AP-DC chapter 1 . 3/1/2015
So... when will you upload the other chapters you worked 10 years on?

Well to the story itself: The idea is great and I hope there will be some Mewtwo x Ash (Firstshipping). Such Fanfics are extremly rare and in all other FFics Ash gets coupled with those stupid girls like Misty or May everytime... booring. Legendary pokemons are much more intresting! Ash always have a special relationshop to them... Mew, Lugia, Lucario, Latios, etc...
And as Mewtwo is his 'creator', they can develop a special and strong friendship, a bond between a Legendary and a young human. Great! I look forward for your future uploads!
Logical-Tadkins chapter 1 . 1/10/2015
Nice story. Kinda hoping I can see what you decide to do with this.
Dragonspirit996 chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Awesome D can't wait for more!
Antex-The Legendary Zoroark chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
This is a great story so far! I like the thought of Ash having been cloned when he was trying to save Pikachu from Mewtwo's Pok├ęballs. I'd really like to see this updated!

Also, will Kash eventually meet Ash? Keep up the good work!

Sincerely, Antex
Guest chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
What about the ranmaxDragonball gt crossover you just throw on the shelf aren't you gonna continue