Reviews for Snape the Knife's Sorting Song
Snarky64 chapter 1 . 3/12
That Snape's choice for his first Sorting Song is the song of a child-killer (in the original, anyway) is just marvellous. It's inspired!
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
Hurrah, you did write it! nice ironic muggle references...
Hoodie Hugger chapter 1 . 12/21/2013
This is awesome! I think it sounds just like the song!
whitealmond chapter 1 . 10/26/2013
Bloody freaking hilarious XD
PhiGirl chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
Poor firsties

I've read this piece at least half a dozen times by now and I find myself coming back every now and then. It fits very well to the original tune, though when I'm 'singing' it in my head it sometimes slips into an almost cheerful tune, which in some ways is even more disturbing.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Nice one!
Ansa88 chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
oh that's so cheerful...

i need to try getting my rhymes better...geez, feel quite insignificant...O.O

love this truth and stuff-man, how is it that everything gets categorized?
waddiwasiwitch chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Wonderful!
icansoar chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Really funny!
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
God I do love that song. And the verses, especially in the original German, could freak out poor little 1st years.
Ceri Moriarty chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
I don't know the tune of Mac the Knife, so I sung this in my head to the tune of Clementine. Probably much less menacing, but it fits the meter.

The notes on it are quite entertaining.
Cascaper chapter 1 . 3/11/2011
Haha! Sang it aloud from start to finish. More outpourings of love for you here. And as for the word-splitting over ends of lines- with each House having three syllables, it's kind of a default. Rhythm can be a cruel master. But I adore this song.
WeatherWatch chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
So much win. :D
mjm chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
*applause* Just re-read my review for 'A Sorting Song by Severus'. You have a gift. )
swooblewirl chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
Yay: I was wondering how the rest of this went, and now I know. :) Still like it. As you say "infinitely laid-back menace". Beautiful.