Reviews for Black Sky
Vallaquenta chapter 48 . 12/15/2020
I'm really glad to find our everyone's soulfire or flames affinity! I thi k thus far you've chosen very well and I'm wondering if Dorea will only have one guardian for each type or multiple.
I also like how you have Dorea and Rence figuring out Flame rings and the lore behind them.
I hope Rence can get an apprentice ship with Tabbot (if that's how you spell it)

All of the interest in the constellation is great to see, like I mentioned before, Hogwarts could do with a few more students.

In regards to the Cruciatus curse, I once read an interesting theory about it that said; you have to use hateful intent for it to be torture because it was originally invented as a spell to restart the heart. Kind of like Lucius his earlier musing about a healer knowing all the weaksoora) weaknesses of the body and twisting healing spells tk his advantage
Vallaquenta chapter 42 . 12/15/2020
At last, the fated meeting! Let's see what this unholy union brings!

Also, when Xanxus is thinking you could use "quality" as description for varia members a bit more because that's what they are all about, right?
You're keeping his manners very consistent with Canon, but you also make him look less like a lunatic. Both of which are great things.
I do have some concerns about Xanxus not trusting his officers though, even Squalo.

Just a random remark: I was wondering if you consider Lussuria a man, as I very often see Lussuria described as 'they'.
Vallaquenta chapter 39 . 12/15/2020
My god, yes! Finally a sensible explanation on why the Portkey would work as a return Portkey as well! It never made sense to me how it would function twice when it clearly doesn't during the World Cup finals. Good thinking!
Vallaquenta chapter 38 . 12/15/2020
Bagman himself used to play Quidditch, so I think that he may not be the ideal target as he probably still loves the sport. I would've put forward Mr Crouch, but seeing as he died, maybe you can find another culprit who's responsible for destroying the Quidditch pitch?

Excellent cliffhanger in this chapter! So many things to discover in the next!
Vallaquenta chapter 37 . 12/15/2020
In one of my earlier reviews I wrote how I liked your portrayal of Hogwarts still being a premier school for magical education, however I also see a lot of bashing on the way transfiguration is being taught and using outdated theories. Besides, all of them taking charms early seems a bit farfetched as well, if we go by the logic that Hogwarts already is one of the best magical schools. I would understand some, but all of them, even the ones without any affinity for the subject?
Vallaquenta chapter 34 . 12/14/2020
I think the criticism towards the conjunctivitis curse is too much of a shindig to what Krum does. If you replace it with Dorea saying something about affecting a dragon's senses it would fit in better with the story.
The task itself was okay, but with all foreshadowing was quite expected, so it kind of devalued the emotional involvement, as you're prepared for the worst.
Vallaquenta chapter 31 . 12/14/2020
We see more plans for the future, but I have to ask what happened with Dorea's previous plans for Hogwarts? They've not really been followed up on yet.
Vallaquenta chapter 30 . 12/14/2020
Old gods being extremely powerful witches and wizards is also my headcanon, as well as miraculous figures in history like Jesus.

I'm glad to see would flames gradually making their way into the story. Looking forward to see what roj will do with the interactions between magic and flames. Let the crossover begin!
Vallaquenta chapter 29 . 12/14/2020
Glad to see you filling up the castle again with more kids. Such a massive castle only housing a few hundred kids seems so crazy to me.

Thanks for not forcing any events in third year, I think quite a few authors would've forced something with Pettigrew escaping.
Vallaquenta chapter 27 . 12/14/2020
Ha, this little tidbit about left-handedness is amazingly creative!
The weapons bit has me a on the fence. Aren't magic users supposed to keep people at arm's length or at least at some distance? Well, guess in an AU like this with KHR mixed in, the merger of melee weapons and magic may be a bit more believable, but still seems a bit counterintuitive to me.
Vallaquenta chapter 22 . 12/14/2020
Just a little thing here, in an earlier chapter you said that Dorea made note of the muggle thing called a curriculum and that it could be beneficial to implement at Hogwarts, but now Remus just gave them the second year spells according to the curriculum?
Vallaquenta chapter 19 . 12/14/2020
Once again, good job on ensuring Dorea shows at least some child like behaviour.

I like how you have managed to do character and relationship development for the first year while not rehashing the entire story. Having to re-read the entirety of a school year is an immense chore in quite a few fics.
mizarmaciel5 chapter 1 . 12/14/2020
Hello, excuse me, I would like to ask your permission to translate several of your stories? would you allow me?
Vallaquenta chapter 16 . 12/14/2020
I like how you list the improvements at Hogwarts (some of the schedules and teachers have always baffled me). If you look at the first year timetable you would see that they have double hours, as well as first through fifth year classes take place twice as houses are paired in duos. Given that classes also start at 9 in the morning, I think the schedules for all the teachers are actually overfilled.
Take potions for example, in first year Harry has double potions on Friday. That means Snape will lecture first years for a double period twice. Assuming it goes for all years up to OWLs, that means 10 double periods. We have those take up all the mornings.
According to the wiki, there are at least 4 potion periods per week for 6th years that take their NEWTs, which makes sense really. So that means another 8 periods of classes for Snape for 6th and 7th as NEWT classes are all houses combined. So that leaves Snape with around 3 afternoons to correct homework. Also bear in mind that Canon actually puts the amount of classes higher than this, but I can't bother verifying this for every single school year.

The thing about 'troll in the dungeons' and the main character commenting on it are pretty overdone nowadays, but seeing as you probably wrote it in 2014, I'll cut you some slack though because you explain the reasoning behind it.
Vallaquenta chapter 12 . 12/13/2020
Did you leave Susan her parents alive on purpose? In Canon she was raised by her aunt, guess we'll find out laterI like how you once again use the Trade Schools here and make Hogwarts an elite school, so many fics try to make Hogwarts something less, or make Durmstrang, Ilvermony, Beauxbatons or Mahoukoutoro (or made up schools) 10 times better.
Besides this I also like your explanation of muggleborn attendance and the logic behind wizarding versus muggle culture.
18,778 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »