Reviews for Double Date
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Giggled through most of this and outright howled at the last line. Excellent!
Gyreflight chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
I’ve just come back to re-read this after something reminded me of its existence…and of the fact that I never did actually review it the last time round (apologies there). It’s a neat, memorable and eminently re-readable short, which has the appealing bonus of a follow-through in the form of the sequels which I will also be zipping off to re-read shortly.

I really like the way you write Clark’s engaging, um, teenagerness (for lack of a better, or um, actual word), and there are several especially memorable moments – Buffy and Dawn getting ready to go out, with the “how do I look/you can’t see the sword” conversation, as well as the “tall, dark and loomy” thing (both of which made me grin). And of course, the “Nice outfit” closer :-)

“She looked - honed, like a blade worn thin with sharpening. Bright, and sharp, and deadly, and not likely to last much longer.” I think that has to be one of the best descriptions of Slayer-Buffy that I’ve ever read.

Nice work, thanks.

Gyre/flight
Thornwitch chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
God- they totally make a cute couple- both couples actually. Love Buffy's total lack of weirdness reality filter. Her mom must have used up the family allocation for denial of obvious reality over the years...
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
You did fine
CarlitaPants chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
i enjoyed this alot
Inarae chapter 1 . 5/2/2008
I read this on another site and enjoyed it greatly...just not enough to go to the trouble of signing in to gmail to send you an email to say so. So I'm glad to have the chance to leave a review here. This is a very fun set of stories, and I've enjoyed all of them. Your stories & writing remind me of the 70s-don't worry, be happy, set amid a backdrop of war and chaos. If I was giving the series a soundtrack, it'd be ABBA and Peter, Paul and Mary (hopefully I didn't just insult you. It's a complement in my mind, and that's not even my generation). Anyhow, great read, thanks for writing and sharing
willow winchester chapter 1 . 12/16/2006
kool nice short story u no i bet u can keep going
namjai chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Aw, I love your endearingly dorky Clark. It seems like he was once like that on the show too, but it's been so long ago...

In addition to making me feel all nostalgic for Smallville of yore, it was a fun story overall, having these characters mix it up. So onward to the sequels! (Though not tonight; it's getting kind of late.)
Sarah Lila F chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
I like this story. Will there be a sequel?
Crossbow chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
Great story! How have I not seen this one before? I especially liked you're rationalization of Buffy's skinniness.
pmaniac chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
I read this over at...somewhere else (my memory fails me) over a year ago. Dude, I'm so glad to discover you're with fanfiction! XD I'm a huge fan of your Buffy/Smallville crossovers

Yay, I'm so excited!
Twinnie chapter 1 . 7/13/2004
*wipes tears* That's so good! Not only it is really, very funny, but it is well-written too - which makes it even more funny.

*giggles*

*collapses into laughters again*
beaker164 chapter 1 . 2/5/2004
Great stuff. Really fun and well written.
DianaTroy chapter 1 . 11/4/2003
"Even though Lex was absurdly fond of Clark"
The Die Hard chapter 1 . 7/27/2003
You're supposed to put a "put down whatever you're eating or drinking and swallow before reading" warning on stories like this, you know. I may never get the keyboard clean.

"Tall, dark, and loomy. Oh my God, Dawn. Does he brood? Does he help the helpless?"

"What!" Dawn turned a furious startled look on her sister. "He is NOTHING like Angel!" she hissed.

Buffy and Lex. I should go buy a spare keyboard.

I also almost fell off my chair when I saw you had given me a rec at TWoP. That's like, wow. Thanks. Made my day.

- Dawn forcibly restrained herself from pointing out that Buffy had had terrible luck with everyone. "I don't think Lex is a grad student, actually. I think Clark knows him from not-school. Besides, it's not like he's giving us livestock in return for a bride. It's just one date." -

There went the screen AND the keyboard. Okay, where's the wet-vac?