Reviews for Mistress Gilraen
Athrabeth chapter 1 . 12/31/2014
This story is adorable! Poor Gilraen...and poor Elrond, dealing with centuries of mortals trying to climb in his bed! Haha, I love both of their reactions here, they're just too perfect.

I love how Elrond, even uncomfortable and embarrassed, still comes off as so very, very kind. Gilraen on the other hand, seems very young; I love how flabbergasted she was when Elrond mentioned that elves lose interest in such acts after a while.

Anyway, thank you once again for writing such a wonderful story!
seriouslysirius08 chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Wow, I admit that I was a bit reluctant to read this but I read two of your other stories and enjoyed them so I decided to read this, and boy was I surprised. This is so fresh and original. I could easily feel Gilraen's mortification and I felt kind of embarrassed for her. I like that Elrond was so calm and collective about this, and I found their discussion about sex hilarious. Her blunt questions and his honest answers were so funny to read.
Great job.
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 3/10/2012
A great story. Very well written.
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 1 . 6/15/2009
Yeah, when I started reading this I was like, ‘HELL-o, what?’ But y’know, it turned out pretty darn cute D

I’m glad this didn’t end up being some lemon, though I actually wouldn’t have minded that o.o

And poor Gilraen! That must have been so embarrassing.

Anyway, huzzah for elven customs, right?

You did a great job with characterizations too. Elrond was such a gentleman, and Gilraen was so endearing.

I Loved this line by the way: ‘Apparently being abstinent does not inhibit the Firstborn's willingness to cuddle…’ *lol*

And this line too: "And thank you, Gilraen, for bringing to me a little hope in these darkening times." AWW! A little hope! *wonders if this is when he got the idea to name Aragorn Estel*

All in all, you could say I liked the whole thing :)
aurora chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
brilliant
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
A quirky humourous idea that was very entertaining. I love the way you characterised Gilraen was wonderful. I adore Elrond, especially Hugo Weaving's portrayal. Very sexy.
Elias A chapter 1 . 1/14/2004
This story is very well written and the plot behind it is well developed. The reader is both distressed and pitiful of Gilraen, yet understands the necessity of what she seeks to do. The brutality and crudness of man is stark and cruel alongside the nobility of elvish life. You portray these contrasting social lives well through Gilraen's plight.
Allyse chapter 1 . 12/18/2003
I really enjoyed this... Poor Gilraen. :) It makes so much sense for human and elven mores to be different, and for Gilraen to mistake what clues and cues she sees for something rather different than what they really are. But I was most moved by Elrond's fleeting sadness at Gilraen's incredible devotion to Aragorn. What must have been like, for him and Elros, to know that Elwing and Earendil left them behind? Great characterizaton here, and a most intriguing little vignette.
Gershwhen chapter 1 . 11/7/2003
My, you have an incredible style and way with turning a phrase! Your word choices are SO appropriate for the story, the setting and the tone. I'm most impressed.

This was a very unique angle to Gilraen's personality - and I was a bit afraid of how Elrond would come out in the story, as I do care for his character greatly. You did a phenominal job of making him gracious, understanding and STILL keeping him in character.

Your subtle touches of humor (just how many women HAVE thrown themselves at Elrond?) were perfect.

I hope you continue to grace us with more of your tales of his house and family.
Nenya's Chandrani chapter 1 . 8/6/2003
aah! i cant read this! i feel so embarrassed for her...
trustingfriendship chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
I agree; then the world would be a better place; this was awesome; could totally imagine her resignation, frustration, humiliation, and gratitude; hope to see more of your work:-)
Enednilwen chapter 1 . 7/9/2003
Excellent. You completely captured Elrond's...essence, for lack of a better word. I love how you protrayed Gilraen, it was just as I pictured her. I've never seen this pairing before, but you did a wonderful job pulling it off! Keep up the good work!
Klementari chapter 1 . 2/25/2003
ditto on the laugh-or-cry reaction. I love your Elrod and your Gilraen (who really did need a story!). Two questions:

1) was there something specific to make Gilraen come to the conclusions she did, or was it just mortal silliness?

2) clearly Elrond is referring to Elwing when he wishes all mothers were like G, but do I detect a little Celebrian-should-have-stayed in there too?
Shadowfax chapter 1 . 1/15/2003
Ahahaha! That was funny- being from Gilraen's PoV, though ultimately yes a little sad. But in the end... happy, because she *is* willing to offer and he *doesn't* accept... ]
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
Funny? Sad? No, its not funny nor sad, its just delicate and full of nuances. This way, your emotions keep changing at each part, at each phrase, and when you finish it you get the impression that a lot of different wonders have just passed through your eyes. Your Elrond and your Gilraen are completely fleshed out, and I cannot think of a better compliment. Very good. Very, very good.