Reviews for The King of Steam and The Ginger Lightning
Just4Me chapter 7 . 10/13/2014
Loved how you included some Watson characteristics in Capt. Baggins. Nice touch.
Wynni chapter 8 . 10/13/2014
Yeah Fili! Don't allow them trolls to talk about a damsel like that...this isn't going to end as badly as the other, is it?
GuestReaderA chapter 7 . 10/11/2014
Keep it coming (the chapters, I mean). John is seemingly more impressed by the Ginger Lightning than he lets out. Well, she is in posession of the key. I get why he is irked. Again: Love this story!
Love, A
Wynni chapter 7 . 10/11/2014
Ahahaha! Beautifully played! And that Fill! Already off wenching. Sigh. Well done
Just4Me chapter 6 . 10/10/2014
Just love all the little touches - like Phil having so many pockets, Ori's "up the jacksie" comment, and the sea monster being the "chiefest and greatest calamity", and so many others. This story just makes me smile.
GuestReaderA chapter 6 . 10/10/2014
Nice chapter. John seems to be enjoying his adventure:). Many reference lines to The Hobbit (love it). Looking forward to the reappearance of the Bolt Catchers. Thea seems to have made a lasting impression on some of the guys:)
I would actually love to taste some Mirkwood red :).
Wynni chapter 6 . 10/10/2014
hmmm, are they headed now out to the Erebor's location, or en route to pick up a wee diver and MacGrey?

and i cannot stop laughing to see how you work the dialogue in. ahahahaha.
RagdollPrincess chapter 6 . 10/10/2014
The research you put into your work is really amazing. I love it because it gives me such a great unique story to read. Philip is so sex in this, especially with the smoking. You've been writing smoking lately! I never mind when you write about food because it fits the story. Oinson's glasses gesture was a nice touch.
Just4Me chapter 5 . 10/8/2014
Poor Thorington does get cranky when he's thwarted. And it's so much fun to watch Wren get the upper hand. And somehow Thrandon always sounds like a pompous ass. And I missed the fact that a kinglet is another name for a wren. I really have to work harder to keep up. I can't wait to see how you bring our two lovebirds together.
Just4Me chapter 4 . 10/8/2014
I looked up the word Lamiaceae, but wasn't bright enough to connect it to Minty the pony. You're too clever for me. I think the descriptions of the clothes are half the fun in this story. I can just picture each of the characters. Wren's going to run circles around these boys.
Just4Me chapter 3 . 10/8/2014
Loved the strutting and sashaying of the boys. Those scallywags! And Thea's here too? Wren didn't make a very good impression on Thorington, but at least she was memorable. (And I loved her outfit!)
Just4Me chapter 2 . 10/8/2014
Bomburio the cook, and Mrs. Gloin the housekeeper? Priceless. And the octopus on his family crest made me laugh. Now on to Leary to pick up Wren.
Just4Me chapter 1 . 10/8/2014
I've been avoiding this story. I think I was scared off by the "Steampunk" AU, thinking I'd be lost in that universe. But I love it! I should have known better to trust any of your stories. I see you've assembled the usual suspects, and even have a sea monster to represent Smaug. Mixing the character names with the actor's names was brilliant, although I notice you didn't call Thorington Richard. (He just has to be John Thorington, doesn't he?) This is going to be fun!
GuestReaderA chapter 5 . 10/8/2014
Aah, so the tables have been turned. Thrandon and Thorington cooperating (as opposed to their incarnations in Middle Earth). Love it! What about Thrandon's mother and Thoringtons father? I hope this secret will be revealed, eventually...:)
SS Kinglet Wren, I had figured this out, already :) Lovely detail, that's one of the reasons I love this story so much, apart from your captivating writing skills.
Ha, I am sure you have more chapters ready, so please update soon :D
I so hope this is going to be an adventurous travel journey story. I would love to read about their experiences with other cultures (but that's just me, I know :))
GuestReaderA chapter 4 . 10/8/2014
Now embedded in the context of the story this chapter makes much more sense to me. And thanks for the glossary, while I intuitively understood the slang words, they even make more sense now. The only word I didn't really catch from ch. 3 was "ack", as in "ack ruffians". Care to enlighten me, anyone?
Loved the encounter of Thorington and Wren and the competition between Thrandon and Thorington for her favours (although John wouldn't even acknowledge to himself, and might not know it, yet, that his interest in the Ginger Lightning goes further than his interest in getting his key. lol.).
Love the references to "the Hobbit" (lines and characters).
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »