Reviews for The King of Steam and The Ginger Lightning
RagdollPrincess chapter 5 . 10/8/2014
I've said from the beginning that this is one of your masterpieces. This chapter captures you're genius perfectly with what you've done to the plot. It's perfect and has me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what you will do next.
UKReader chapter 3 . 10/8/2014
My favourite parts about this chapter are the descriptions of the tech and machines. I have Jules Verne imaginings going on here. Also love the way the characters are renamed and rejigged. Another fabulous reboot sweetie. Have chapters four and five to read, but I'm having to save them for later.
RagdollPrincess chapter 4 . 10/7/2014
This is so good. I feel so inadequate right now I may never write again. Dwalinson's suspicious look was really well timed.
dearreader chapter 5 . 10/7/2014
Thank you for not making us wait. I like the necklace reference. It reminds me of Titanic a bit, and since they are trying to salvage a sunken ship, quite appropriate.
Wynni chapter 5 . 10/7/2014
oooooh now this is just devious.

I like it
Wynni chapter 4 . 10/7/2014
I loooove this chapter, but you knew that
Wynni chapter 3 . 10/6/2014
Ajahahhahahahha! Oh this is love!
RagdollPrincess chapter 3 . 10/6/2014
Words will never be enough to describe how much I bleeding love you. I may have had a glass of wine (to which I may be having a very Wren-like reaction) following which I was suddenly thrown up to an altitude of 7000 feet. Regardless, my sentiments are completely authentic although slightly less appropriately expressed than usual.

My favourite bits include Killian's "strutting" (divine!), the WAY Killian talks to Orison and keeps slapping and patting him, Orison's totally awesome character and how you captured Ori's eagerness, Philip's SHASAYING (OMG! TOTALLY BRILL as a companion to Killian's strutting, what a pair. Seriously, could you imagine taking those two ANYWHERE?), Wren's wit in taking advantage of flabbergasted over confident waffle brains in order to make a quick escape right under their noses (the fools), Phillipp's whistling at Thea as she escapes, Wren's SALUTE (oh God I was so hoping for it and nearly squealed on the plane when I read it because it was SO AWESOME!), that she remained at the bottom of the ladder as they flew away (also something I was hoping for, I kid you not, best expression of her smugness ever, so appropriate, you'll never be able to top that). I THINK THIS CHAPTER MAY BE THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO ME!

PS. My flight attendant is a riot and his behaviour is completely congruent with my elevated wine assisted mood that has resulted from this extraordinary chapter in this gem of a story. And he speaks BOTH French and English! He can do both parts!

PPS. I'd be embarrassed by my cray-cray review but nobody else really reads reviews anyway :D

PPSS. There are two crying babies on this plane and I haven't nursed in 36 hrs. They're super cute though, even if they are hurting me.
GuestReaderA chapter 3 . 10/6/2014
Strange that my last two reviews appeared as *Guest*, I thought I was logged in...It is me, GuestReaderA, not to be confused with any other .
Guest chapter 3 . 10/6/2014
Loved the fast pace of this chapter. Kili and Fili are such roguish sweethearts. I am awed by your detailed descriptions and terminology of the technology used (the lamps, for example and the flying vessels), as I am clueless regarding those things.
Still I am puzzled, as to why an amphibian vessel can swim and fly vs. swim/moving on land as amphibians do :P
Thea and Wren, loved their appearance and dumbfounded Thorington was priceless.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/6/2014
I really like all the tiny details in this story (for example Bartitsu and the ship names...had to google Lamiaceae, thanks for expanding my botanic knowledge.)) Mrs OGloin, lol. And as true sea farers, they give their ships "female" attributes. I am so looking forward to meeting all of the company and "Bilbo" is coming, too :)
A small town named Leary... I am eagerly awaiting the clash of personalities between Thorington and the Ginger Lightning :)
UKReader chapter 2 . 10/6/2014
I never cease to be amazed by your re-imaginings.
Neolysia chapter 1 . 10/5/2014
This is a very interesting and unusual idea )
I shall read the next chapter.
Another time : Congratulations for that so good idea.
GlassGazer chapter 2 . 10/5/2014
This is an incredible idea! I'm looking forward to what you have planned(:
Wynni chapter 2 . 10/5/2014
Oh god, oh god I laughed so hard...you so cleverly turned the conversations. Beautiful!
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »